Monese Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Norris Koppel
  1. "A good experience"

Current Employee - Kyc Specialist in Tallinn

I have been working at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

Warm, welcoming environment and it's growing very fast.

Cons

In a startup, on a side things move too fast on another too slow. However when Monese will reach its balance will be a perfect place to work. It is now too, if you can face the challenge.

Monese2020-02-19
  2. "Hard work, multitasking, always changing environment"

Former Employee - CSA - Customer Service Associate in Tallinn

I worked at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

You never get bored, there is lots of work to get done, you gain experience and inside knowledge about a young fast growing e-money Institution.

Cons

Poor life work balance, constant chaos and instability, high turnover, limited opportunities to grow, poor management, poor bonuses (no Sports ID, rare team events, etc)

Monese2020-02-18
  3. "An ambitious, globally minded, inspiring company"

Former Employee - Copywriter in London, England

I worked at Monese full-time

Pros

An inspiring CEO, and just really good people. They also provided me with an invaluable opportunity to cross-skill. They maintain a wonderful culture across their offices which I will miss. The company is ambitious and goal orientated. Would recommend.

Cons

Demonstrable issues in the past with organisational structure, ownership of particular roles across departments, and a slightly haphazard, decentralised approach to resourcing. They appear to be well on their way to rectifying these problem areas - and it's probably to be expected considering their rapid growth.

Monese2020-02-13
  4. "Experience"

Former Employee - Software Engineer() in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

- A good tech stack - Collaborative environment - Nice perks - Stock options are available

Cons

- No tangible benefits for the first year - No medical insurance - No bonus structure

Monese2020-02-12
  5. "Great product from outside, not okay from inside"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallinn

I worked at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Friendly, international colleagues - Nice location of Tallinn office in the hipster area of Tallinn - Challenging and exciting task - CEO is very optimistic and has reached great goals with his vision but at the expense of burned out employees

Cons

- Incompetent senior management (Compliance - Tallinn). Only head of compliance and few others are actually experienced in what they do, others have no experience and they don't even attempt to become competent by taking on feedbacks or obtaining relevant education. - Micromanagement is insane (definitely work hard attitude but no party hard). They try to squeeze every minute of work hour to get you working. Taking extra break will be noticed and you will be shamed for it. - Distrust in employees' capabilities. You are not trusted that you will do your job perfectly and higher management always keeps an eye over your shoulder. - Senior management who has been given warning for their behavior with other colleagues 5 times and caused many employees to leave the company, is still in the same position. - You are expected to work overtime hours, some weekends, holidays. If you don't, you will be looked down upon. - Work backlog is extremely high and everyone is burned out. There are a lot of good ideas to change this but the speed of changing is so slow that it feels like nothing is changing. - Company calls itself a startup but structure and robust management definitely feels like a very large corporate. - Communication between departments are done through senior management only so rest of the employees completely left out from issues and progresses. There is a lot of secrecy between departments because they are in competition between each other instead of working together towards a goal. - You have to respect the hierarchy very much. You have to only approach senior in your own team and not higher than that if you don't want to get into trouble.

Monese2020-02-05

Monese Response

February 17, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, as we always would like to gather feedback. It is unfortunate that your experience is not as positive as many of our other employees in Tallinn. At Monese our biggest assets are our values, our culture, and all our people. That being said Monese is fast growing company with fast growing processes, and we have always invested in improving our team structure, training process and employee satisfaction. Everyone’s feedback is valuable, so we would be happy to discuss it directly about your experience during your time here and how we can improve. Please feel free to contact HR anytime.

6. "Amazing experience"

Current Employee - People Partner in Tallinn

I have been working at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team - friendly and open Work really hard and you'll easily get promoted Work environment is very calm and fun at the same time

Cons

Communication can be very bad sometimes.

Monese2020-01-07
  7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - AML in London, England

I have been working at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, really helpful team leader

Cons

Salary can be higher, no benefits

Monese2019-11-23

"Former employee"

Former Employee - Greater London in London, England

I worked at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great product and room for growth

Cons

Poor Management, lost of company culture, failure to take on board employee comments

Monese2019-09-11
  9. "Amazing culture and collaborative working"

Current Employee - Commercial Lead in London, England

I have been working at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive and collaborative culture empowering people to drive the company forward

Cons

Teams could be more synchronised in terms of projects

Monese2019-09-10

"Job for students"

Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist

I worked at Monese full-time

Pros

Time flexibility, good location although the building is under construction work which makes it hard to do your job

Cons

Too many changes and not very stable job, there are not equal opportunities for women.

Monese2019-09-09

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 34 reviews