Monese Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 23 Feb 2020

4.2
Monese Founder and CEO Norris Koppel
Norris Koppel

"Super Fast Growing Tech Company"

I worked at Monese full-time

Pros

It's a great learning environment and everyone's really supportive. It's a growing company that needs great talent so if you're willing to go the extra mile and can show your skills beyond what's expected of you, you will go far. I loved how the company supported my growth to new roles. It's also a company with a mission and it's much more than just to make money. Monese really wants to make a difference in the world and it's great to go to work every day, knowing you're building something that hundreds of thousands are already using day-to-day and that using their Monese accounts is making a difference in their lives.

Cons

Since the last funding round (August 2018), the growth in employee numbers has been incredibly quick and that has brought with it a lot of changes. You may not always have get a super smooth onboarding experience, or see the people you're working with every day, face to face in a long time (because the company has a number of offices across Europe). However, I felt the people put in charge of managing the changes knew what they're doing. I believe it will simply take time.

Monese2019-03-01

"Monese isn't perfect, but is great!"

I have been working at Monese full-time

Pros

I will not mention material benefits and perks, because for me it is more important the environment and how I feel. For me, Monese has an excellent company culture that focuses on growth based on values, which promotes constructivism instead of judgmentalism and people are free to submit their opinions and feedback. As an employee, I feel that I can provide honest feedback. And that is a valuable non-material benefit to me, to be able to express my feedback and to learn from it and to clarify a misunderstanding. That's the way how I feel trusted, valued and encouraged to grow.

Cons

It is a fast-growing environment, and sometimes it can take more time for a new employee to find the right balance between completing their daily tasks and knowing the company (understanding the business, the role of each team, the part of everyone, and so on.). Nevertheless, this is something that can be solved with one's team support and team lead guidance.

Monese2019-02-17

"At Monese you have a voice"

I have been working at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

- A company that trusts and values you - Flat hierarchies and freedom to try out new things and work autonomously - Great work environment, definitely a place to learn and develop - Creative minds and cooperative staff - Easy to identify with the company’s values, ideas and visions - Supportive in balancing work and life, flexible - Fast-paced, constant challenges, many ongoing, simultaneous projects - Opportunity to travel between offices

Cons

- Sometimes lack of structure, not all processes are in place yet - Communication and workflow could be more efficient

Monese2019-02-19

"Great team and working environment"

I have been working at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work environment is great, passionate colleagues to work with every day. Variety of tasks that make one's days different and challenging. And there are dogs running around in the office.

Cons

It's open office, so it can get noisy and difficult to find a quiet corner if you really need to focus.

Monese2019-01-24

"Good place to work!"

I have been working at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast-paced environment but still, very friendly and welcoming. Employees are always encouraged to share their thoughts and opinions and really have a voice. You can feel your work changing the company and that's pretty nice! Team leads are comprehensive and are open to conversation. I feel good to work here!

Cons

Processes and workflows are still being defined, so if you don't have that in mind, you can think that sometimes things can get a little unorganized, but I think it's part of the startup life. The opened space office can get loud and hard to focus sometimes.

Monese2019-02-13

"A start up that does not listen to its employees when it comes to Customer support side"

Former Employee - Customer Support Agent in Tallinn
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

The start up environement basic, with snacks and a pingpong table.

Cons

bad managing, bad leader skills, tight timetables , bad salary

Monese2019-01-22

"Freedom"

Current Employee - Java Developer in Tallinn

I have been working at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

A lot of freedom, people are very open-minded. You can suggest new technologies, give presentations etc. Flexible hours, stuffed office fridge and the usual. Norris talks about the company twice a month on the meeting for all and answers employees' questions.

Cons

Not enough rules to keep things strict, sometimes too much freedom.

Monese2019-01-13

"Best workplace there is"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisbon

I have been working at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

A place where every day is like Friday - not because you keep waiting for the weekend but because you so much enjoy what you do. It's really amazing to see a company that's growing super fast to respect you as an individual and trust you so much. Great people, great work environment and, most importantly, great cause.

Cons

How could I possibly write at least 5 cons when there's absolutely none?

Monese2018-12-10

"A great company to work for..."

Current Employee - Content & Community Manager in Lisbon

I have been working at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Opportunities to learn with excellent people. - Management is very helpful and supportive while helping you to be autonomous. - Fast-paced, goal-oriented environment that makes personal development very interesting and stimulating. - The work life balance is amazing. You are treated like an individual and not a number.

Cons

Nothing that is worth mentioning.

Monese2018-12-07

"A great chance to learn and progress"

Current Employee - Verification Specialist in Tallinn

I have been working at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly environment, helpful colleagues, respectful management. This job was a stepping stone in my life. I am very happy and thankful for the support and everything I am learning every day.

Cons

Nothing that is worth mentioning.

Monese2018-12-06

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 35 reviews