Monese Reviews

Norris Koppel

"Awesome experience"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tallinn

I have been working at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growth opportunities, supporting management,wfh

Cons

Lack of resources and organisation

Continue reading

"Quickly growing company with fast pace environment"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Tallinn

I have been working at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

I strongly believe Monese product is amazing and Monese mission very ambitious. In order for the company to succeed in a current competitive market it is required from every individual joining the company to believe in the mission and give their best, which is one of the reasons I decided to join the company and accept daily challenges. Believing that I make a difference by helping customers on the daily bases is what makes me happy and I enjoy doing. Customers are the single most important part of every business and if these are treated as I wish to be treated then business will flourish. Healthy and professional relationship between team members is a key to growth and success. Company recognises hard and professional workers and promotions are available within the business. Company organises at least 3 events per year and every team has an extra budget available for team events. Competitive Salary and stock options available for every new joiner. Snacks, coffee, sweets, soft drinks, smoothies, healthy fruits and more are always available in the kitchen.

Cons

As Monese is a fast growing business not everyone joining the company with limited experience of Customer support can manage the load of information, different type of clients moods, high workload and procedures in place. Following procedures which are changing quite often is challenging especially if these are all to be recorded in written form and have to be constantly updated and accessible to all employees. Monese is a start up company and high speed and high volume of work is only natural for any start up to succeed.

Continue reading

"Best place I've ever worked in!"

I have been working at Monese full-time

Pros

Awesome team to be a part of, everyone is supportive and friendly. The management goes to great lengths to make the workspace and work environment as pleasant as possible.

Cons

Not many, apart from the usual problems associated with being a startup.

"Passive aggressive culture and incompetent management"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Tallinn
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free beer, free snacks, some fun coworkers

Cons

It's hard to decide what to start with when listing the downsides of working at Monese. An issue that applies to every department of the company is related to communication. As a new employee, you quickly learn that asking questions will only lead to getting passive aggressive private messages from your coworkers; and in order to avoid those, people end up not asking for help when needed. If an employee, for some reason, is brave enough to raise an issue/share a suggestion, they get shut down by something I can only describe as 'aggressive bullying behaviour' (at least in CS channels). It is often easy for the 'leadership' to do so as they are withholding as much information as possible. There are no clear structures, no clear expectations. You are on your own with no one to turn to for help, your direct managers are useless and/or hostile and of course, there is no way to address any of these issues because feedback as such does not exist. But why would it? Everyone in leadership positions is utterly incompetent and has no skills whatsoever (and no desire to be better...). I often wondered if there was anyone at Monese that has ever worked at a well-functioning company before. I can not make sense of the extent of how poorly this company is run. Projects, ideas, issues are basically raised in group chats and no one is in charge of keeping track. They basically haven't heard of an Excel table. If you want to see if something has been brought up before, you can search the group conversation; obviously, if it had been phrased differently, you will be repeating something, so expect some 'constructive' messages on how you should have checked. However, there's a 99% chance no one ever even bothered to look at the original suggestion. This is just to give you an insight into how things work at Monese. I could go on forever. Of course, many of their issues could be fixed with better management and decent HR. But Monese lacks both of those. I do not recommend working for this company unless you want to experience what you want to avoid in the future or want to slack off for a couple of months. For CS people in particular, please know, there is no appreciation whatsoever, none of your managers will have a kind word (if they even talk to you). There will be no support for you to do your job properly, but there will be inappropriately timed micromanagement. You will have no trust in your superiors. And most importantly, there is no opportunity to grow and learn...

Monese Response

March 21, 2019HR Manager

We’re very sorry that you had such a bad experience with us at Monese. It makes us sad to read about how much you missed out on during your time with us. You don’t seem to have met any of the wonderful people we have working with us, and you must have also missed the All Hands meetings, the Team events and Company celebrations – where not only do we celebrate everyone’s hard work and how far we’ve come as a company, but we also share information and make the company goals and our mission very clear. It’s a shame that you felt you had no trust in your team leads and that you couldn’t see a way for management and HR to help; we take pride at Monese in hiring and retaining the best people for the job, that not only bring with them a great skill set but also fit in and enjoy our culture. As for growth and development, many people from our Customer Support team have moved internally to other roles within the company, and this is something we encourage greatly; learning and development is very important to us. However we do need to improve on our communication skills, as there are some clear factual inaccuracies in your feedback that we can only assume are a result of miscommunication on our part. We wish you well in your next company and hope you find happiness there.

"Super Fast Growing Tech Company"

I worked at Monese full-time

Pros

It's a great learning environment and everyone's really supportive. It's a growing company that needs great talent so if you're willing to go the extra mile and can show your skills beyond what's expected of you, you will go far. I loved how the company supported my growth to new roles. It's also a company with a mission and it's much more than just to make money. Monese really wants to make a difference in the world and it's great to go to work every day, knowing you're building something that hundreds of thousands are already using day-to-day and that using their Monese accounts is making a difference in their lives.

Cons

Since the last funding round (August 2018), the growth in employee numbers has been incredibly quick and that has brought with it a lot of changes. You may not always have get a super smooth onboarding experience, or see the people you're working with every day, face to face in a long time (because the company has a number of offices across Europe). However, I felt the people put in charge of managing the changes knew what they're doing. I believe it will simply take time.

"Monese isn't perfect, but is great!"

I have been working at Monese full-time

Pros

I will not mention material benefits and perks, because for me it is more important the environment and how I feel. For me, Monese has an excellent company culture that focuses on growth based on values, which promotes constructivism instead of judgmentalism and people are free to submit their opinions and feedback. As an employee, I feel that I can provide honest feedback. And that is a valuable non-material benefit to me, to be able to express my feedback and to learn from it and to clarify a misunderstanding. That's the way how I feel trusted, valued and encouraged to grow.

Cons

It is a fast-growing environment, and sometimes it can take more time for a new employee to find the right balance between completing their daily tasks and knowing the company (understanding the business, the role of each team, the part of everyone, and so on.). Nevertheless, this is something that can be solved with one's team support and team lead guidance.

"At Monese you have a voice"

I have been working at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

- A company that trusts and values you - Flat hierarchies and freedom to try out new things and work autonomously - Great work environment, definitely a place to learn and develop - Creative minds and cooperative staff - Easy to identify with the company’s values, ideas and visions - Supportive in balancing work and life, flexible - Fast-paced, constant challenges, many ongoing, simultaneous projects - Opportunity to travel between offices

Cons

- Sometimes lack of structure, not all processes are in place yet - Communication and workflow could be more efficient

"Great team and working environment"

I have been working at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work environment is great, passionate colleagues to work with every day. Variety of tasks that make one's days different and challenging. And there are dogs running around in the office.

Cons

It's open office, so it can get noisy and difficult to find a quiet corner if you really need to focus.

"Good place to work!"

I have been working at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast-paced environment but still, very friendly and welcoming. Employees are always encouraged to share their thoughts and opinions and really have a voice. You can feel your work changing the company and that's pretty nice! Team leads are comprehensive and are open to conversation. I feel good to work here!

Cons

Processes and workflows are still being defined, so if you don't have that in mind, you can think that sometimes things can get a little unorganized, but I think it's part of the startup life. The opened space office can get loud and hard to focus sometimes.

"A start up that does not listen to its employees when it comes to Customer support side"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Support Agent in Tallinn
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

The start up environement basic, with snacks and a pingpong table.

Cons

bad managing, bad leader skills, tight timetables , bad salary

Found 48 reviews