Monese Employee Reviews about "customer support"

Updated 14 Jul 2020

3.3
Monese Founder and CEO Norris Koppel
Norris Koppel
Pros
  • "Work environment is great, passionate colleagues to work with every day(in 6 reviews)

• "Fast-paced environment but still, very friendly and welcoming(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Customer support is sometimes unaware of the changes made by product teams(in 4 reviews)

• "No one was ever on the same page(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "customer support"

Return to all Reviews

"Average company and nice product, bad culture and confusing objectives"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

The offices are well equipped and modern, you'll get a fine Apple computer to perform your work and snacks/drinks are free. Monese hires people from all around the world, which is interesting since you'll be engaging with people from different backgrounds and cultures on a daily basis. The product is quite good and it works fine, the company invests considerably in technology, design and developing new features to customers. It feels rewarding to be part of something that actually benefits and helps people. Internal opportunities are shared company wide and you're free to apply. It's a good company if you're an experienced professional.

Cons

Monese (management) completely lost track of who they are as a company - the culture that should be spread among employees, the values that the company should stand for before it's competitors and customers. If you ask anybody from Monese what are the 3 main company values, you'll surely get a honest and confusing "I have no idea". Transparency is also something long forgotten. One day it's all about "we're fine, we're all in this toghether" and the next day offices are being shut down and people are being fired. The lean startup structure thing doesn't apply here, it's normal to ask questions, give suggestions or talk with senior employees and get that feeling that you're being itrusive or annoying. Ideas comming from Customer Support are also, most of the times, ignored by managers or engineers. Despite all this, the biggest problem is definetly hiring. Monese doesn't know how to hire people - simple as that. You'll see leadership position employees without leadership nor people skills. You'll see training sessions being held from people with no charisma or learning skills whatsoever. You'll see managers who don't fully understand the product or the industry they're working with. You'll frequently see people complaining out loud about having to change or do something outside their automatic daily routine. Still, what bothers the most, is dealing with people who always think about the difficulties and obstacles before doing something, instead of thinking about the benefits and improvements that new projects/ideas may bring. Last but not least, despite the company pays good salaries for some specific positions, it lacks significantly one thing: Benefits. Forget about anything else besides your paycheck, meal allowance and a ridiculously confusing stock option scheme.

2. COVID-19

"Going downhill"

Former Employee - Customer Service
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Monese full-time

Pros

Diverse and multicultural team, with some diverse and passionate people. The CEO is passionate about the product, although sometimes it's seems he is living an utopic reality not in touch with what is happening on the company's day to day.

Cons

Communication and processes are a hot mess, most of the product teams seem to not even use the product or know how it actually works for the final customer. Customer support is sometimes unaware of the changes made by product teams... Management and HR have a total lack of knowledge and care... The whole Covid19 situation was very poorly handed, and dozens of people were dismissed based on a single 5 minutes video speech by the CEO.

"Toxic company with no clear objectives"

2.0

I have been working at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

You'll find people from many different countries, which is amazing. The product is very good and can be really helpful for many people. The company is always seeking innovation and product improvements. Good work/life balance if you know how to set boundaries. Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Unnecessary bureaucracy, bad mouthing and toxic environment for a startup. The company doesn't practice the values they preach. You won't find transparency or collaboration, for example. But they will make you believe you will. The company seems to be growing, but you don't know exactly where. People doesn't seem to agree very much on the best path to follow. Some people seem more customer-focused and other, more product-focused, which leads to confusing actions or unstable decisions. It's very frustrating to see how the company deals with Customer Support and leave their customers with no replies for weeks or even months. I've never had my own KPIs or objectives, which was - by far - my biggest frustration. I've never had a performance review and was always left in the dark about my own work. Meanwhile, I've been promised new positions and promotions and ended up in a collective dismissal process. I also believe the company should be more careful when hiring new people, specially because of the cultural fit. This plays a huge part in the toxic environment and in the high turnover. Lastly, I believe the benefits you get for working at Monese are not fair. You don't have health insurance, for example.

Continue reading

"Quickly growing company with fast pace environment"

5.0
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Tallinn

I have been working at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

I strongly believe Monese product is amazing and Monese mission very ambitious. In order for the company to succeed in a current competitive market it is required from every individual joining the company to believe in the mission and give their best, which is one of the reasons I decided to join the company and accept daily challenges. Believing that I make a difference by helping customers on the daily bases is what makes me happy and I enjoy doing. Customers are the single most important part of every business and if these are treated as I wish to be treated then business will flourish. Healthy and professional relationship between team members is a key to growth and success. Company recognises hard and professional workers and promotions are available within the business. Company organises at least 3 events per year and every team has an extra budget available for team events. Competitive Salary and stock options available for every new joiner. Snacks, coffee, sweets, soft drinks, smoothies, healthy fruits and more are always available in the kitchen.

Cons

As Monese is a fast growing business not everyone joining the company with limited experience of Customer support can manage the load of information, different type of clients moods, high workload and procedures in place. Following procedures which are changing quite often is challenging especially if these are all to be recorded in written form and have to be constantly updated and accessible to all employees. Monese is a start up company and high speed and high volume of work is only natural for any start up to succeed.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews