Monster Worldwide Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 7 Feb 2019

3.2
Monster Worldwide Chief Executive Officer Scott Gutz (no image)
Scott Gutz
Pros
  • "It had a great work life balance(in 99 reviews)

• "Great people with a great company culture and history(in 78 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The politics in the upper management and company's leadership(in 41 reviews)

• "Hard Work or quality work will not be acknowledged by senior management(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0

Not so good

16 Aug 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are really good and helpful OK Salary Environment Good Location Social activities

Cons

Old technology No growth Bad upper management Company is losing money

2. 2.0

Very Poor Upper Management But Good Lower Level Employees

12 Dec 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Lower level employees are great, nice, hard working, and know what they are doing - Some offices locations are pretty nice

Cons

- Upper management is in constant state of flux, resulting in no clear company direction - Company politics are prevalent, and can clearly be seen - Does not know how to invest in the teams that are keeping the company afloat, instead money is being put into hiring more management positions, and officers that are honestly not needed - Makes cuts on things that provide short term solutions rather then looking into how to invest in the future - Some office locations are not as good as other - Benefits exist but are absolutely abyssal for standards of 2018

8 people found this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Company kept losing money and still

2 Feb 2019 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits is Monster like employer contribution in the provident fund and the medical insurance.

Cons

The politics in the upper management and company's leadership. The unfair promotions to some people. The layoffs that started since the company was acquired by Randstand. Unskilled engineers given important technical responsibility and incompetent managers who don't care about the careers of their employees. They only focus on playing the politics game of the upper management.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Going Under

7 Feb 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary was high, work life balance was good, PTO was great - 4 weeks to start - making strides to get the marketing team better but still a while out

Cons

layoffs are constant and unannounced, upper management is all new and they all came from the same company, no real career path because people are getting laid off and not replaced - the company is a thing of the past and being taken over by competitors

9 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0

Just NO.

19 Nov 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. The fact that despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary some of the employees still believe this company isn’t drowning.

Cons

1. Lack of leadership. 2. Lack of training. 3. Zero support from upper management and HR. 4. Company hasn’t met it’s revenue goal in over a year. 5. Terrible benefits packages - both for families and singles. 6. Zero employee engagement - we watch while BioGen hosts event after event. 7. Employees are expected to work overtime for minimum, base pay.

6 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Great internship, some good perks, trying to be innovative

14 Jul 2015 - Intern - Hourly in Weston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's really 3.5 stars. As an intern, you get involved in actual projects that the team your placed in is working on. Your assigned a mentor, who guides you and essentially becomes your number one resource throughout the summer. I really loved getting to work in a team with other interns on our own project as well because it gave us a chance to do something creative, our own, and that could actually be implemented at Monster down the road. Pool table, ping pong, walking trails. and cheap food!

Cons

Some of the work can be very boring and tedious, but it's like that in any internship. There's a ping pong/pool room with a wii, but it almost feels like its frowned upon by some managers to take a break and go in there. I definitely see what many other past reviewers felt - Monster is definitely trying to be forward thinking and innovative by coming out with new products and they have come a long way from before, but there's a lot of upper management and people throughout the company thinking uber traditionally, holding the company back from really achieving what it could.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Former Employee

Don't get eaten by the Monster. It can be a great place to work for some, but many are disappointed over time.

16 Aug 2008 - Enterprise Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Talented people throughout the organization, great energy and once the market leader.

Cons

Quotas for salespeople are set without much insight into the potential of their client list or territory. Quotas are often irrational. Too often, the same sales efforts are not compensated fairly, simply because the quota setting process is so messy and irrational. Some salespeople make a great deal of money while others make no commission simply because the quotas are given in a range of 30% to 160% growth year over year. There is still alot of turmoil related to upper management changes over the past 3 years and it's probably not over yet.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Last year was 2011. Overall, a GREAT experience esp. if you are a Top Performer, there is GREAT income potential.

17 Nov 2016 - Senior Internet Recruitment Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Base Pay is based on Experience & a Solid Sales Background. Commissions are based on Performance. Goals were attainable for me but many struggled during this time, as companies were recovering from the recession.

Cons

Sometimes Quotas would be unattainable esp. during the recession. I didn't have any issues but I was one of few to exceed quota during the recession. CEO & Upper Management. Turnover was a bit high in my 6 years, plus they were always realigning or changing things. This may not be a Con, if you are like me & always open to change and are flexible. It's a must in order to thrive in this environment, which is hard for some to adjust. High Quotas were driven by Stockholders as it is a publicly traded company. (MWW) I believe they were sold recently This wasn't an issue for me, once I knew what I was doing (expect 3 months to 1 Year to ramp for the learning curve & to get to know and contact your entire territory plus get to know your Contact & Companies Needs) They want you up and running in less than 3 months while performing exceptionally. That is quite stressful your 1st 6 months to A Year).

9. 3.0
      Current Employee

No feedback, no employee motivations

20 Jan 2011 - Lower in Prague
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary, good company benefits programs, multi-cultural environment, friendly environment ( unless people in your team are otherwise) Again depends so much on people, from people to people things can be different for the same company.

Cons

My manager hires people for important and responsible positions from their friend lists. NOT because they are qualified. For anonymous reasons I chose location Prague. I am not from Prague. But I want to share my experience. I have seen productive people leaving this company and completely new people hired only because they are friends with management. I am just saying my particular case. I dont know about other teams. I dont know if I can complain to upper management about this. Do they ever know whats going on down there??????????

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Former Employee

Disappointing - no clear direction or strategy from upper management

6 Apr 2012 -  in Maynard, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work/life balance if you are good at drawing a line in the sand Decent benefits and time off Super friendly people - great co-workers Autonomy

Cons

No strategy or direction coming from upper management - strategy seems to be try everything and see if it sticks. Unfortunately, most things do not. No focus on clear goals for projects Little to no iterating on projects - oftentimes leaving projects half finished and available to the public Antiquated business model - competitors are beating them badly with no strategy as to how it could be addressed Lots of politics and favorites - very much a "boys club"

Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Reviews