70% would recommend to a friend
(85 total reviews)
82% approve of CEO
Found 85 of over 87 reviews
Updated 30 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good training" (in 9 reviews)
- "Nice people (the few that remain)" (in 8 reviews)
- "The senior leadership team travel down to Bristol regularly and our MD’s business plan is truly motivating." (in 6 reviews)
- "We have some great incentives too which always helps!" (in 6 reviews)
- "Great culture, emphasis on progression" (in 5 reviews)
- 5.029 Sept 2023Business ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
great ownership of things, trust, people you work with, good vibes, no 90th boiler room recruitment style
friday finish 4.30, office could be a little nicer, especially tech like displays
- 1.030 Nov 2023RecruiterCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
zero. They completely wasted my time.
I had an 'interview' with Montash. Following a short Teams interview, I was invited to their basement HQ in Shoreditch. Once there, I waited for around half an hour to be taken to their kitchen and told I'd be playing some 'fun games'. These games were an hour-long cognitive test. Having studied the use of these tests in interview settings as part of my degree, I know they offer absolutely no insight into an employee's motivations, work ethic, personality or abilities. The primary aim of these tests is to reduce a human to numbers, discontinuing them because they cannot recall moving blue dots in a pressurised and nerve-racking environment. To me, this is laziness on the talent acquisition team's part. Following an hour of trying to recall flashing dots, I was instructed to do a 'pitch' as they why I would be good for the job. This was absolutely fine by me until I was informed the point of this exercise was so the interviewer didn't have to ask me questions. Considering this was supposed to be a job interview, I was very confused. Had they followed up with a traditional interview, looking to get to know me as a transient human, I would have understood. However, this was not the case. After spending two hours with this company playing games and waiting, I was later informed that I didn't get the job because I was a girl and therefore would disrupt the dynamics of the team as the existing team was all blokes. This is something that they knew before they wasted two hours of my day by asking me to jump through their irrelevant hoops. Aside from the time wasted, I'm pretty sure discontinuing someone based on their gender is not okay anymore? I don't know, maybe I'm too progressive in my thinking, but the concept of having a mixed-gender team seems like a normal thing to me. Apparently not for Montash. Overall, I'm pretty shocked but it's a major bullet swerved.
- 3.029 Aug 2023Recruitment ConsultantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Lovely environment Fantastic atmosphere Tonnes of support
You'll get let go very quickly and have a lot of concerns flagged if you don't meet their target expectations or they feel like you are not putting in enough work, are not committed/dedicated/driven/focused enough to achieve the expected.
- 2.023 Mar 2023Recruitment ConsultantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearShoreditch, England
The most quiet sales floor in the world, good for a nap
I was the youngest there and felt like the oldest Will defo try and take ur clients off you (not just happened to me) CEO has done some very UNPROFESSIONAL & QUESTIONABLE things… You won’t see more office politics anywhere else Don’t u dare put the music so loud that people can actually hear it Hidden agendas in everything 19 years old and not near 100 heads? There’s reasons…3
- 5.05 Sept 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
- hybrid growth phase with a lot of opportunity for everyone - great leadership team - leaders = serving mentors, not top-down managers, this goes from everyone starting with the CEO and MD - great intake of a lot of new talent - MUCH more diverse work culture from what I know and have seen in my other jobs in this industry - thriving to be better everyday - besides all the noise of great incentives and benefits the employees get, people just actually like to work there, cause they like their colleagues and environment around them - a lot of flexibility and trust (way more than anywhere else I know in recruitment) .... I could keep writing a lot more, just a great place to spend your time and build a proper career for yourself
Not much to say here... Montash is currently still a small business with a huge plan in action for growth. We have had a lot of change over the last 2 years with even more to come. So people need to adopt and that can obviously always be challenging. Office space needs to expand soon and tech stack too because of the growth. More daylight would be brilliant.Montash Response2y
We are so happy that you've had a positive experience with Montash! We take pride in our leadership team who work tirelessly to create great culture here and we are pleased that this hasn't gone unnoticed! Needless to say that we share in your excitement as we push forward with our future plans for expansion! Thanks for taking time to feedback!
- 5.016 Jan 2023Recruitment ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Good group of managers who have worked together for a long time so they tend to pull in the same direction. Lots of opportunities for graduates to start earning money and quickly progress. Good support even when things are not going your way.
It is sales and they hire a lot of graduates - so sometimes can be high turnover. But the people that stay past 12 months, end up doing very well.1
Montash Reviews FAQs
Montash has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 87 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Montash to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.
70% of Montash employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Montash 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.