Morgan McKinley Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.9
Morgan McKinley CEO Aldagh McDonogh
Aldagh McDonogh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Very good work-life balance by keeping admin/meetings to a reasonable level" (in 14 reviews)

• "There is a great working environment and access to further training if you need it" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Turnover is high for these reasons alone, as it's a good place to work" (in 10 reviews)

• "Work life balance is not very good" (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Life is short so work somewhere awesome!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in London, England
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Morgan McKinley is all about the people! I feel lucky and proud to work for such an incredible company. This plays a huge part in my everyday engagement and happiness. I can whole heartedly say I love working for Morgan McKinley and am excited for the next 5 years! I feel part of another family here and really well looked after!

Cons

I don't have any cons to share as there are none!

20 Apr 2018 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks very much for sharing your feedback. We are so happy to read how much you enjoy working here! And we completely agree, it really is all about the people at Morgan McKinley! We wish you a long... More

2. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team environment, competitive salary and commission structure, clear and defined targets and expectations, strong direction and advice from senior members of staff, excellent platform for experienced recruiters or sales individuals

Cons

somewhat rigid promotion structure, could consider less tangible achievements

Advice to Management

More structured training for new joiners

24 Aug 2018 – Global Learning and Development Manager

Thank you for your insight and feedback. We have recently rolled out our improved on-boarding programme in the UK. Its a mix of online learning, face to face training, at desk and peer learning. We... More

3. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, team and just people in general are great! Everyone is really friendly and open. Progression seems great if you put the work in and MMK have delivered on everything that was said at interview stage.

Cons

Logging info, new contact details/numbers and commercial info for everyone to see on system can be improved.

Advice to Management

No advice just stay the same! Just carry on being supportive and have an open mentality and its all good!

22 Aug 2018 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks very much for sharing your feedback. We're really pleased to read about your experience so far in our London office... Long may it continue! Please reach out to your manager, or someone in our... More

4. "Great place to work and great people to work with!"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been a great start to life at Morgan McKinley, my immediate team have been amazing at give me all the support I need as well as encouraging me to jump on at the deep end when possible. The wider office has been great as well, I immediately felt like another member of the team even with people I didn't know. With the constant high level training and growth opportunities I am excited to be at Morgan McKinley for a long time.

Cons

I don't have any cons to report as there have been none so far.

2 Aug 2018 – HR Business Partner

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are incredibly proud of our business, our people and the opportunities for development we offer so it's fantastic to hear that these... More

"The best in the business"

Current Employee - Consultant in Holborn, England
    Current Employee - Consultant in Holborn, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great Atmosphere
    - Clear path of progression
    - Great incentives
    - Lenient on working from home and flexible working

Cons

- Nothing that springs to mind at present

8 May 2018 – Global Head of HR

Hi and many thanks for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to head that you are having a positive experience in Morgan McKinley and wish you continued success with your career here.

"A great place to work and learn!"

Former Employee - Public Relations Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Public Relations Manager in London, England

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture, which is very inclusive of all employees in terms of ideas, creativity and flexibility of work. There is a strong emphasis on driving the business forward within the recruitment industry and the company has been very successful doing this over the past few years by bringing employees along on this journey and encouraging them to actively participate in change initiatives. Dedication and hard work were always rewarded at Morgan McKinley with individual and team successes celebrated very openly in each office and across the business globally. Board members engage with employees at all levels, which really helps in making people feel valued and is all part of the strong culture and commitment to investing in good people. Overall it was a fun and fair place to work with supportive colleagues and strong directional leadership from whom I learned a lot, particularly the current CEO.

Cons

At the start of my time, I would not rate compensation as being highly competitive (in a support role, not recruitment), however over time this changed which is another positive about Morgan McKinley as an employer. My only reason for leaving the business was due to moving to another country where Morgan McKinley does not have an office! Even when I left I had very good support from the Board.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, I would view Morgan McKinley as an attractive employer in the industry as long as employees' individual contributions continue to be recognised and rewarded. The new approach to the market in the last 5/6 years has set the company apart from others and shows a real commitment to working with job seekers throughout their careers. It's a very different company to the one I joined, in a good way!

8 May 2018 – Global Marketing Executive

Hi there! Thank you very much for taking the time to review your career at Morgan McKinley. We are really pleased to hear about your positive experience with us, and how highly you rate our culture... More

7. "Great for starters in recruitment"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Morgan McKinley part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic training and support for new starters. Great long term career opportunities.

Cons

There are none. They couldn't have been more supportive.

2 Nov 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for your review. It's great to hear how positively you rate our training on onboarding support. We wish you all the best for the future.

8. "Good Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really good and friendly work atmosphere. They have a really nice coffee machine and take care of all expenses for end of month / quarter nights out.

Cons

Typical pressured environment if you are not billing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

18 Oct 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for your feedback. It's great to hear your view on our atmosphere, in and out of the office. We wish you a long and successful career in Morgan McKinley.
    ps - I'm a fan of the coffee machine... More

9. "Associate Consultant"

Former Employee - Associate in London, England
    Former Employee - Associate in London, England

I worked at Morgan McKinley (More than a year)

Pros

the environment and culture is good

Cons

the working hours can be long

14 Sep 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for your review!

10. "It's about the people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Morgan McKinley for 2 years and had a great experience. I learnt so much new skills and there was always a team member to help you. Even being one of the most successful recruitment firms in London, Morgan McKinley still listens to their staff. Keeping their staff happy is their number one priority. They are extremely flexible in giving employees new challenges when asked. For new employees coming in to the business it is an extremely social & friendly work environment.

Cons

Nothing bad to say. They were extremely flexible.

23 Aug 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great to hear about your positive experience working at Morgan McKinley and we appreciate you sharing your experience.