Morgan McKinley Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.6
Morgan McKinley CEO Aldagh McDonogh
Aldagh McDonogh
Pros
Cons
  • "There can be a high turnover within the company and management is sometimes slow to act(in 19 reviews)

• "Still a lot more room to implement even more flexible working arrangements to improve work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Long term career progression"

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great relationships with global companies as well as SME's, the MMK brand makes it easy to open doors to new clients - Candidates and clients alike, clearly trust the MMK brand - Welcoming sales floor, collaborative and everyone is working towards a clear goal - Clear career progression and many examples of long-standing recruiters within the business (10 years+), unheard of in other agencies - Flexible... working is accepted - you feel trusted as an employee

Cons

Nothing to report back at the moment

Morgan McKinley2019-05-23

May 30, 2019Marketing Assistant

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am delighted that you feel that there is excellent career progression here, as well as a welcoming and friendly community at Morgan McKinley... long may it continue! Please do reach out if there is anything you feel we can improve on. We ...

"Good place to work, nice people"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- nice team - flexibility - by and large, management are really nice

Cons

- confusing commission scheme which truthfully, isn't that competitive

Morgan McKinley2019-08-01
  3. "Great company but there is room for improvement"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great family culture, I would never work for a different agency.

Cons

Commission plan heavily weighted for temp consultants. Lack of direction from management and changes not communicated properly.

Advice to Management

to work as hard as you expect your team to work, and to communicate better

Morgan McKinley2019-06-19

July 14, 2019People Director

Thank you for your feedback and star rating. It's great to know you'd never work for another recruitment agency! I'll be sharing your comments with our senior team, and it would be helpful for me to understand some of your feedback in more detail. Would you be open for a confidential ...

4. "Good company with room for improvement"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Autonomy to structure your own day - Strong brand especially within the financial services space - Various social and charity events - Employees are easy to get along with

Cons

- Too much focus on stats rather than quality - Synergies between teams can be improved in order to sell the company more efficiently - Work life balance can be improved further - Some teams stretched due to not enough consultants - Can be seen to do more on active extracurricular activities I.e sports and fitness

Advice to Management

Generally doing a good job and seem approachable, however, can be more positive and provide better training to consultants who are not doing so well. Especially with their success in recruitment to date.

Morgan McKinley2019-04-10

April 15, 2019Global Marketing Executive

We appreciate your review, and ensure that we take all feedback (positive and negative) on board. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please reach out confidentially to Andrea Webb, People Director, at awebb@morganmckinley.co.uk

5. "Fantastic atmosphere and lovely company to work for"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good salary - Supportive and encouraging senior management - Progressive attitude towards the work/life balance - Good and clear cut path for progression - Excellent CSR approach

Cons

- Working hours are quite long but that's not the worst thing in the world.

Morgan McKinley2019-03-15

March 18, 2019Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're really pleased to hear about why you enjoy working in our London team, and we wish you a long and successful career at MMK.

6. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People always going above and beyond for each other Great culture Great suite of benefits

Cons

Nothing - very happy at MMK!

Morgan McKinley2018-11-28

December 3, 2018Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're really pleased to hear how much you are enjoying your time at MMK London.. Long may it continue!

7. "Great culture, colleagues and brand!"

Current Employee - Candidate Consultant in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Part of a great team Love our CSR initiative Incredible benefits and incentives Flexibility is fantastic

Cons

Nona at this time

Morgan McKinley2018-10-12

October 15, 2018Global Marketing Executive

This is so great to read! We're really happy to hear all the reasons why you enjoy being part of Team MMK. We wish you a long and successful career within the business.

8. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Morgan McKinley part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Morgan McKinley is such a great place to work as they are all about the people! Being a working mum the flexibility they offer me is incredible and with the recent introduction of laptops, we are now able to work in a more agile environment. It's a very rewarding place to work, not only financially but also for me personally and professionally.

Cons

None I can think of.

Morgan McKinley2018-09-26

September 26, 2018Global Marketing Executive

We're so pleased to read about your experience as part of our UK Team and happy to hear how flexible and agile working is having such a positive impact for you. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

9. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team environment, competitive salary and commission structure, clear and defined targets and expectations, strong direction and advice from senior members of staff, excellent platform for experienced recruiters or sales individuals

Cons

somewhat rigid promotion structure, could consider less tangible achievements

Advice to Management

More structured training for new joiners

Morgan McKinley2018-08-22

August 24, 2018Global Learning and Development Manager

Thank you for your insight and feedback. We have recently rolled out our improved on-boarding programme in the UK. Its a mix of online learning, face to face training, at desk and peer learning. We have also incorporated a structured road map for new starters with a number of check-in ...

10. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture, team and just people in general are great! Everyone is really friendly and open. Progression seems great if you put the work in and MMK have delivered on everything that was said at interview stage.

Cons

Logging info, new contact details/numbers and commercial info for everyone to see on system can be improved.

Advice to Management

No advice just stay the same! Just carry on being supportive and have an open mentality and its all good!

Morgan McKinley2018-08-21

August 22, 2018Global Marketing Executive

Thanks very much for sharing your feedback. We're really pleased to read about your experience so far in our London office... Long may it continue! Please reach out to your manager, or someone in our People team, if you do think of any suggestions for us.

Found 54 reviews