Morgan McKinley Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.9
Morgan McKinley CEO Aldagh McDonogh
Aldagh McDonogh
Pros
Cons
  • "Still a lot more room to implement even more flexible working arrangements to improve work/life balance(in 9 reviews)

• "Top management is led by the MD to play small-group game - very high turnover rate(in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Morgan McKinley is such a great place to work as they are all about the people! Being a working mum the flexibility they offer me is incredible and with the recent introduction of laptops, we are now able to work in a more agile environment. It's a very rewarding place to work, not only financially but also for me personally and professionally.

Cons

None I can think of.

Morgan McKinley2018-09-26

September 26, 2018Global Marketing Executive

We're so pleased to read about your experience as part of our UK Team and happy to hear how flexible and agile working is having such a positive impact for you. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

2. "Fantastic atmosphere and lovely company to work for"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good salary - Supportive and encouraging senior management - Progressive attitude towards the work/life balance - Good and clear cut path for progression - Excellent CSR approach

Cons

- Working hours are quite long but that's not the worst thing in the world.

Morgan McKinley2019-03-15

March 18, 2019Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're really pleased to hear about why you enjoy working in our London team, and we wish you a long and successful career at MMK.

3. "Good company with room for improvement"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Autonomy to structure your own day - Strong brand especially within the financial services space - Various social and charity events - Employees are easy to get along with

Cons

- Too much focus on stats rather than quality - Synergies between teams can be improved in order to sell the company more efficiently - Work life balance can be improved further - Some teams stretched due to not enough consultants - Can be seen to do more on active extracurricular activities I.e sports and fitness

Advice to Management

Generally doing a good job and seem approachable, however, can be more positive and provide better training to consultants who are not doing so well. Especially with their success in recruitment to date.

Morgan McKinley2019-04-10

April 15, 2019Global Marketing Executive

We appreciate your review, and ensure that we take all feedback (positive and negative) on board. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please reach out confidentially to Andrea Webb, People Director, at awebb@morganmckinley.co.uk

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People always going above and beyond for each other Great culture Great suite of benefits

Cons

Nothing - very happy at MMK!

Morgan McKinley2018-11-28

December 3, 2018Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're really pleased to hear how much you are enjoying your time at MMK London.. Long may it continue!

5. "Great culture, colleagues and brand!"

Current Employee - Candidate Consultant in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Part of a great team Love our CSR initiative Incredible benefits and incentives Flexibility is fantastic

Cons

Nona at this time

Morgan McKinley2018-10-12

October 15, 2018Global Marketing Executive

This is so great to read! We're really happy to hear all the reasons why you enjoy being part of Team MMK. We wish you a long and successful career within the business.

6. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team environment, competitive salary and commission structure, clear and defined targets and expectations, strong direction and advice from senior members of staff, excellent platform for experienced recruiters or sales individuals

Cons

somewhat rigid promotion structure, could consider less tangible achievements

Advice to Management

More structured training for new joiners

Morgan McKinley2018-08-22

August 24, 2018Global Learning and Development Manager

Thank you for your insight and feedback. We have recently rolled out our improved on-boarding programme in the UK. Its a mix of online learning, face to face training, at desk and peer learning. We have also incorporated a structured road map for new starters with a number of check-in ...

7. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, team and just people in general are great! Everyone is really friendly and open. Progression seems great if you put the work in and MMK have delivered on everything that was said at interview stage.

Cons

Logging info, new contact details/numbers and commercial info for everyone to see on system can be improved.

Advice to Management

No advice just stay the same! Just carry on being supportive and have an open mentality and its all good!

Morgan McKinley2018-08-21

August 22, 2018Global Marketing Executive

Thanks very much for sharing your feedback. We're really pleased to read about your experience so far in our London office... Long may it continue! Please reach out to your manager, or someone in our People team, if you do think of any suggestions for us.

8. "Great place to work and great people to work with!"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been a great start to life at Morgan McKinley, my immediate team have been amazing at give me all the support I need as well as encouraging me to jump on at the deep end when possible. The wider office has been great as well, I immediately felt like another member of the team even with people I didn't know. With the constant high level training and growth opportunities I am excited to be at Morgan McKinley for a long...

Cons

I don't have any cons to report as there have been none so far.

Morgan McKinley2018-08-01

August 2, 2018HR Business Partner

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are incredibly proud of our business, our people and the opportunities for development we offer so it's fantastic to hear that these areas are positively impacting you. We are exciting that you see yourself continuing ...

"The best in the business"

Current Employee - Consultant in Holborn, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great Atmosphere - Clear path of progression - Great incentives - Lenient on working from home and flexible working

Cons

- Nothing that springs to mind at present

Morgan McKinley2018-05-01

May 8, 2018Global Head of HR

Hi and many thanks for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to head that you are having a positive experience in Morgan McKinley and wish you continued success with your career here.

"A great place to work and learn!"

Former Employee - Public Relations Manager in London, England

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company culture, which is very inclusive of all employees in terms of ideas, creativity and flexibility of work. There is a strong emphasis on driving the business forward within the recruitment industry and the company has been very successful doing this over the past few years by bringing employees along on this journey and encouraging them to actively participate in change initiatives. Dedication and hard work...

Cons

At the start of my time, I would not rate compensation as being highly competitive (in a support role, not recruitment), however over time this changed which is another positive about Morgan McKinley as an employer. My only reason for leaving the business was due to moving to another country where Morgan McKinley does not have an office! Even when I left I had very good support from the Board.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, I would view Morgan McKinley as an attractive employer in the industry as long as employees' individual contributions continue to be recognised and rewarded. The new approach to the market in the last 5/6 years has set the company apart from others and shows a real commitment to working with job seekers throughout their careers. It's a very different company to the one I joined, in a good way!

Morgan McKinley2018-04-21

May 8, 2018Global Marketing Executive

Hi there! Thank you very much for taking the time to review your career at Morgan McKinley. We are really pleased to hear about your positive experience with us, and how highly you rate our culture, our team and our CEO, Aldagh. We wish you all the very best for the future.

Found 51 reviews