Morgan McKinley Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.3
Morgan McKinley CEO Aldagh McDonogh
Aldagh McDonogh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very good work-life balance by keeping admin/meetings to a reasonable level (in 13 reviews)

• There is a great working environment and access to further training if you need it (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Turnover is high for these reasons alone, as it's a good place to work (in 10 reviews)

• Can be challenging to achieve a work life balance (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Life is short so work somewhere awesome!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in London, England
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Morgan McKinley is all about the people! I feel lucky and proud to work for such an incredible company. This plays a huge part in my everyday engagement and happiness. I can whole heartedly say I love working for Morgan McKinley and am excited for the next 5 years! I feel part of another family here and really well looked after!

Cons

I don't have any cons to share as there are none!

20 Apr 2018 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks very much for sharing your feedback. We are so happy to read how much you enjoy working here! And we completely agree, it really is all about the people at Morgan McKinley! We wish you a long... More

2. "Always trying to Improve & Innovate both Externally & Internally"

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

Investment in new technology
    Hiring the right people
    Great Culture
    Global Opportunities
    Ability to get ahead either in your own unit or others in the business
    Privately Owned - Quick decision making
    Constantly investing back into the business

Cons

Extremely fast paced - you need to be on your game at all times to keep up
    Multiple internal stakeholder management which is the nature of any large business

Advice to Management

Keep striving to capitalise on market position through innovation - it's exciting to work here!

20 Apr 2018 – Global Marketing Executive

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It's great to read how highly you rate (and how much you enjoy!) working at Morgan McKinley. We wish you a long and successful career here.

3. "A great place to work and learn!"

Former Employee - Public Relations Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Public Relations Manager in London, England

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture, which is very inclusive of all employees in terms of ideas, creativity and flexibility of work. There is a strong emphasis on driving the business forward within the recruitment industry and the company has been very successful doing this over the past few years by bringing employees along on this journey and encouraging them to actively participate in change initiatives. Dedication and hard work were always rewarded at Morgan McKinley with individual and team successes celebrated very openly in each office and across the business globally. Board members engage with employees at all levels, which really helps in making people feel valued and is all part of the strong culture and commitment to investing in good people. Overall it was a fun and fair place to work with supportive colleagues and strong directional leadership from whom I learned a lot, particularly the current CEO.

Cons

At the start of my time, I would not rate compensation as being highly competitive (in a support role, not recruitment), however over time this changed which is another positive about Morgan McKinley as an employer. My only reason for leaving the business was due to moving to another country where Morgan McKinley does not have an office! Even when I left I had very good support from the Board.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, I would view Morgan McKinley as an attractive employer in the industry as long as employees' individual contributions continue to be recognised and rewarded. The new approach to the market in the last 5/6 years has set the company apart from others and shows a real commitment to working with job seekers throughout their careers. It's a very different company to the one I joined, in a good way!

4. "One of the best"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Motivating
    Realistic career progression
    Generous earning potential
    Great benefits
    Fun
    Working hours are very good

Cons

Lack off resources in some areas

3 Apr 2018 – Global Head of HR

Many thanks for your review. It is great to hear your positive feedback on life at Morgan McKinley. It is important to focus on investing in resources to support the business. If you would like to... More

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture in the offices and wider global team, good opportunities to work on projects within and outside of my expertise and to develop professionally. Strong leadership team who are always willing to offer advise and support.

Cons

RD&I is constantly happening across the group, and it would be great to hear more about this on a more frequent basis.

3 Apr 2018 – Global Head of HR

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear positive feedback on our culture and the opportunities to develop a fulfilling career here. There are lots of exciting projects happening in the RD&I... More

6. "5 star"

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

The big pro would be the people

Cons

There are no cons to the role

28 Feb 2018 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your review. We're pleased to hear that you positively rate our people... we couldn't agree more!

7. "A genuine recruitment business that cares"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having been part of the MMK business for over 3 years, I am proud of the business and their ethos. They reward, empower and incentivise. I have had a great team and line manager which always helps.

Cons

Start treating the teams: SP and 360 differently.

7 Mar 2018 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for your review, I'm so pleased to hear you feel proud of our business and enjoy the way we work and the people you work with. I would welcome the opportunity to learn about your ideas in... More

"OK"

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

Working with a wide range of people
    Fun Christmas party

Cons

Very Catty and extremely long tiring hours

Advice to Management

Listen to the peoples issues more

3 Apr 2018 – Global Head of HR

Thank you for your review. I'm keen to understand your feedback on the environment and working hours. Please contact me confidentially at hgallagher@morganmckinley.com

"Undervalued, hierarchical with very poor staff retention"

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

- Good foundations for building skills and knowledge
    - Good training and teaching

Cons

1 - Extremely unvalued as an employee. My line manager came into the office one day, upset by something, and decided to tell us if we didn't want to be here just "get out now" because she didn't want us here if that was the case.
    2- Heavily KPI driven and target driven, if you reach your target it will increase quite quickly making it difficult for you to make commission.
    3 - Hierarchical, when the direct came in, it was incredibly tense in the office. Someone asked someone how their holiday was, this was later taken up very quickly after he had left and the office got a strict telling off.
    4- No staff retention, very unnerving when you see people walk in and out the door consitently

Advice to Management

Value your people, because people don't want to work for people who don't care.

2 Feb 2018 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review, I am glad you are enjoying the training you have received so far, particularly as this is an area we pride ourselves in. I am, however, concerned to... More

10. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

Great culture, environment, work collaboratively, progression path is clear

Cons

there is nothing bad i can say about morgan mckinley. fantastic place

Advice to Management

just keep it the same

9 Jan 2018 – Global Marketing Executive

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear about your experience so far, and we wish you a long and successful career.