MorganFranklin Consulting Reviews

Updated 2 Jul 2020

4.2
MorganFranklin Consulting Managing Partner Christopher Mann (no image)
Christopher Mann
Pros
  • "Work/Life Balance-- probably belongs in both the pros and the cons here(in 14 reviews)

• "Work with great people that have extensive knowledge and experience in their fields(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Newly hired employees are routinely assigned to projects, without any upper management support(in 6 reviews)

• "MFC is a place that requires an individual to have the existing desire to own their careers(in 6 reviews)

1. "Poor working environment in the London office. Autocratic managing director(s) - dictatorship management style"

Former Employee -  in London, England

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary and work life balance is the best. This is due to a lack of client work

Cons

- Poor management team in the London office - Morale is very low in the office. Staff do not respect or want to work for the UK managing director(s) who rule the office in a dictatorship management style - Many people have resigned or have been fired since the new leadership team has been appointed. Currently there are under 10 full time staff, with only a handful of full time consultants left (around 4) - Lack of client work and sales pipeline is unrealistic. Few upcoming client prospects

Continue reading
  2. "An example of bad management, leadership and business practices"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

* US operations and people seem nice and cooperative * Loads of potential for career advancement (with the right senior management) * Good place for a self-starter (with the right senior management) * Good service offering potential led from the US * Compensation and benefits are market average * Nice work colleagues * Nice office location in London

Cons

* Poor local senior management and leadership * Poor communications top-down to lower ranks * Operations and assignments very disorganised and ad-hoc * Client base and new business is confusing and unstable (almost cowboy in nature) * Local office ignores and often ignores the US operations * Poor career advancement * Everything requires approval from local senior management * Workers are constantly micro-managed, over controlled and second guessed * Office environment can be at times uncomfortable to work effectively

3. "Solid place to work"

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

Great place to work and own a career.

Cons

Improve engagement across all service offerings

July 21, 2020Senior HR Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are happy and enjoying your time here at MFC. All of our employees are empowered to embrace our Own Your Career philosophy, which gives them the control to create and achieve a path for long-term professional development and advancement, and contributes to our entrepreneurial, employee-centric culture. And we encourage our employees to have an active voice and role in impacting the evolution of our growing business, so please join us in advancing collaboration and engagement across all of our service offerings. As a follow up the service line lunch & learn series we offered earlier this year, we are actively working on identifying other ways to enhance cross-solution engagement, including with Vaco—and we welcome your feedback, ideas and involvement! We are committed to providing an excellent employee experience to every team member, and we work hard at making MorganFranklin Consulting an outstanding workplace. We are happy to have you at MFC!

4. "Good experience overall"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay , benefits , clear instructions from management, they care for their employees

Cons

I have no complaints.Only that I wish they could have some more projects in pipeline

June 2, 2020HR Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are happy and enjoying the culture here at MFC—it’s one of our key differentiators! Our Recruiting team works hard to ensure a positive experience throughout the interview and hiring process, with a smooth handoff to HR for a successful on-boarding experience. The COVID crisis is challenging for us all and we know spending time on the bench can be frustrating. I do encourage you to review our Bench Guide for tips and tricks for making the most out of your time. In addition, while on the bench you can continue to take advantage of our core hours policy, allowing for flexible scheduling. Please continue to keep us posted on your experience over time, and take advantage of our open door policy to share your ideas to make us even better. We're happy to have you as part of the MFC team!

5. "Overall great place"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great recruiting experience. Top-tier management team. Excellent corporate culture.

Cons

The amount of time spent on the bench can be frustrating during slow periods.

6. "Great culture!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility and openness. Leadership supports their people.

Cons

Firm direction can be fuzzy sometimes.

September 19, 2019HR Manager

Thanks so much for your feedback. I am so glad to hear that you are happy here and enjoying some of the things that makes our culture so great! In terms of firm direction, with MorganFranklin being acquired by Vaco Holdings, LLC in July, there is huge potential for significant growth. We become the global consulting platform of Vaco, and we will run alongside each other to deliver an end-to-end business solution for our clients. This creates significant opportunities for new professional challenges and career advancement for our people. The strategic direction the firm rolled out a year or two ago is still in play, and in fact we believe the Vaco acquisition will propel us forward on that same trajectory. And our mission and values remain firmly grounded. We will continue serving our clients, developing our people, and executing our growth strategy. We are working hard to be as transparent as possible during this new relationship and encourage you to come to HR with any questions. As you noted, we do have an open door policy, so I encourage you to keep us posted on your experience at MorganFranklin and share any suggestions you may have to make us even better.

7. "Great people, growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

Great firm comprised of smart people I genuinely enjoy working with. The firm has a growth mindset and entrepreneurial culture. Good benefits, flexible work environment, competitive comp and opportunities to grow.

Cons

Growth mindset also means a lot of change. I've learned to lean into it and find the opportunities that result, but the fluidity/gray areas/frequent change might not be a fit for some.

September 19, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for the great review. We couldn’t agree more that the firm has an incredibly diverse and talented team members – the best and the brightest from the large consulting or accounting firms, industry and government. I am so glad to hear you are enjoying your time and the benefits and perks that help to make MorganFranklin a great place to work. We are experiencing some change as we prepare for significant growth and your comment about leaning into the change/opportunities is a positive and productive step. Being flexible and agile as an organization is key to growth, but we are also doing all we can to offer stability and transparency where we can. For example, we are casting a wide net of communication channels to ensure our employees stay informed—from bi-weekly updates from our CEO to a central communications portal to regular town halls. Please engage in these communications and share your feedback! Also, please participate in our “Voice of the People” survey—an important tool that is helping leadership listen to our people. Thanks again for your feedback!

8. "Good company"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

I believe they have competitive benefits.

Cons

I found the requirements to advance your career very confusing.

September 5, 2019HR Manager

We appreciate your feedback, and will look at our career processes for opportunities for improvement. Our goal is to ensure all employees understand their career opportunities, and are supported in reaching them. We ask our Coaches to help employees navigate their career paths, using the tools and guidance the firms provides. And we foster an "Own Your Career" culture so that employees feel empowered to be proactive in their career management. We have also been increasingly focused on the development of our employees, encouraging them to take advantage of both internal and external training and development opportunities. We regret that you did not come speak with us if you were confused, and wish we had had the opportunity to provide greater support to you. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

A consulting firm that truly values its people and culture. I have worked at other consulting firms where leaderships motivates by fear and intimidation. This is NOT the case at MFC. Employees have a say in the types of projects they work on and there is no pressure to take on work not suited for one's skill set.

Cons

Pay is slightly below average.

July 22, 2019HR Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are happy and enjoying the culture here at MFC—it’s one of our key differentiators! We are dedicated to staying close to the market to ensure we offer competitive compensation and premium benefits. We do have a pay-for-performance culture, so be sure you are taking full advantage of the various ways to increase your compensation. I encourage you to review the Compensation portal page, and also reach out HR with any specific or questions about your total rewards package. Our goal is to ensure you are well and fairly paid, feel recognized and valued, and continue to enjoy your experience at MorganFranklin.

10. "RUN"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

There were some good people I would like to work with again.

Cons

Just go somewhere else. Scroll through the other negative reviews and notice how HR tries to minimize the feedback. Imagine that, but all day, every day.

September 5, 2019HR Manager

We are sorry that you determined in such a short period that we were not a fit for you. The needs of our people are of great concern to us, and while our culture is not right for everyone, we wish we could have had the opportunity to talk openly with you in an effort to resolve your issues. We hope you find an opportunity that better suits your needs.

Found 114 reviews