Moxie Reviews in Arlington, TX | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sean Reardon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"campaign manager"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Arlington, TX (US)

I have been working at Moxie full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-They teach you an amazing skill set
    -The opportunity is great
    -Everybody is very helpful, answers every question, and willing to go out of their way to help you
    -Team oriented environment
    -Many valuable resources nationwide willing to help coach/train

Cons

It's a lot of work, but it's worth it in the end. It's a management training program, so they can't just hand you the title of management on a silver platter, you have to work for it and gain a skill set in the field that will help you become a great manager. With that being said, not everybody is meant for the position because they have to be willing to put their head down and learn everything.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, Morgan!

"Campaign Manager"

I worked at Moxie full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were absolutely no pros

Cons

Everything about this company was a scam, pyramid scheme to the max. I am so glad I was able to get out of the company while I could before they shut down completely.

"SCAM - STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX (US)

Pros

None. Stay far, far away.

Cons

Event Planner? No. Not even in the least.

Advice to Management

Don't blast the job postings on every job site available, trying to prey on innocent job-seekers. They will fall for your tactics, and in-turn, you will have high turnover and non-interested and disengaged employees.

"This Company is a Scam to Get Warm Bodies to Sell Garbage at Costco & Sam's Clubs"

Former Employee - Entry Level Sales in Arlington, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Entry Level Sales in Arlington, TX (US)

I worked at Moxie full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They fill up your heads with "you will be in management very very soon," and do you think you can work an entry level position with the hopes of making $75,000-$100,000 to manage 20-30 sales people? It sounds exciting...but wait for the Cons.

Cons

They are liars. They entice you with the hopes of a 6 figure income and management but then work you to death with no advancement.

Advice to Management

Stop lying and expecting that people can't look up your poor reviews.

"Door to door coupon book sales and direct tv sales...NOT marketing!"

Former Employee - Event Account Coordinator in Arlington, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Event Account Coordinator in Arlington, TX (US)

I worked at Moxie full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loud Michael Bay movies play in the lobby while you wait for an interview. Don't have to act professional, they just want bodies through the door.

Cons

Door to door sales disguised as "marketing", everyone asks for a separate copy of your résumé and no one ever keeps them, even though résumés get to be expensive if you give them out like candy, like this scam expects you to. I gave them 5 résumés during my short interview with them. You go door to door, which is dangerous to do if you're expected to do this alone. They don't reimburse you for gas spent selling the books. You work at Sam's club and Costco every Saturday, no exceptions selling direct tv, no exceptions.They went by "Impact events" when I interviewed with them, in this same building years ago. Awful experience!

Advice to Management

Be honest and upfront about what this is, don't try to act like this is a marketing firm, stop using deceptive job descriptions. Don't ask for a "minimum" bachelors degree for this, it's insulting. Your receptionist needs to be more professional and forward résumés over to the interviewer, not just chuck them in the waste basket, only to have the interviewer ask me for yet another one. Also ask her/him not play ridiculously loud movies and music in the lobby. It makes your company look more scammy than what it already is.

Moxie Response

29 Nov 2016 – Owner

I apologize, but I think you may have us confused with another company. We do not do any door to door sales. We also do not work with Direct TV or coupon books. We also do not watch movies, and I am... More

"An opportunity"

I worked at Moxie full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team environment, a lot of on hand management experience, and you learn good sales practices.

Cons

really long hours, high expectation to on focus on only that job, really hard work/life balance. They say that you'll run your own company, but really you are a manager of a branch of their company. Their goal is to get warm bodies in the whole sale stores, very few people make it into management and they understand that. Don't worry, they'll tell you that it's normal.

Advice to Management

Value your employees more and do not treat them like mules that do your work.

"Great Company! Great Growth! Great Manager!"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Arlington, TX (US)

I have been working at Moxie full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love it here. Everything about it! I came in with no experience looking for something to do besides sit at home and decided to try marketing.beith Moxie I have gained so many skill sets that would have never had before. I love all of our clients and our retailers! Super positive energy all the time. I love the people building people business that Moxie is!

Cons

It's hard but it's not forever. If you can have a great work either, a positive attitude, and a good student mentality you can be successful in our business!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep coaching and building the next generation on entrepreneurs!

"Know what you are really getting into before excepting this position."

Former Employee - Entry Level Representative in Arlington, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Entry Level Representative in Arlington, TX (US)

I worked at Moxie full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supposedly, there are good opportunities for advancement.

Cons

This is a sales job. They will tell you that you are a "promoter" or an "event coordinator" but you are not. Yes you do set up the events in the store, but because of the arrangement with the commission payment you are basically doing this for free.You will also be told that you will make about $1000-$1200 bi-weekly, you will not make that much. You will work about 12hrs a day. The meetings are meant to keep you motivated, basically so you don't lose motivation and realize your getting scammed. This job wants all of your time and will force you to quit other jobs. You are required to "network" aka spend all your time with people associated to the business only. They tell you that the extra meetings and the networking are not mandatory but you will not progress if you are not doing these things. This job targets people with no degree or recent graduates and they will hype up the position to make you believe that you will advance very quickly. Some people do like the position, but I strongly advise that you look up this company and its headquarters at Smart Circle. Research this company before you commit yourself to this job. Know exactly what you are getting into and don't let the promise that you'll make $75,000 a year in a few short months cloud your judgment. Think about it, if you were really going to make that much this job would be a lot more competitive than it is.

Advice to Management

Don't mislead people and you will retain more people. There are people willing to work this job and you will not have to tweak the job poster to "build impulse" to get them.

"Run Away, This Company is a Pyramid Scheme"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Arlington, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Arlington, TX (US)

Pros

There are no pros to working in this pyramid scheme, unless you like working at grocery stores with your college degree. Run for the hills, it's a trap.

Cons

They lie about how the company is structured. They'll have you come in for meetings on your days off. Meeting is a loose term, it's somewhere between a cult experience and a pep rally. They will show you how you can be a marketing manager and make six figures in six months...which is BS. I was supposedly hired by the "CEO" , but the second day there they told me her boss was coming in. Well there is no board, so who is in charge of the CEO? Answer: usually nobody, because the CEO is the top before the board assuming they have one. After several red flags I dug deeper. This company has been under several names over the last couple of decades, I will let you decide what that means, and they have nothing but bad reviews nationwide. If you are an ex-con, this is the job for you, because they will hire anybody.

Advice to Management

Dear Morgan,
    If you hire someone and say the reason you are hiring them because of their honesty and integrity, maybe be a little honest to yourself as well as the poor chumps that think they're actually going to progress in your pyramid scheme. You make me sick.

""Special Events Coordinator""

Former Employee - Special Events Coordinator in Arlington, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Special Events Coordinator in Arlington, TX (US)

I worked at Moxie part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you have no job experience and aren't currently seeking further education. Sales is a good way to go because they train you and give you hands on experience.

Cons

Anybody with a degree is automatically overqualified.

Advice to Management

Say it's a sales job. It will attract people who actually want to be in sales. That way you won't have so much turnover.