Found 43 of over 44 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Tech
2 hours ago
So I recently got an offer at Tiktok but I’m not actually interested in joining due to their poor WLB. TC is currently 30% higher than what I make. Can I share this with my manager and ask for a counter offer? Counter offer seems pretty common at our company, but they don’t necessarily match the bump exactly, which is fine. Is there a chance that he is taken aback that I’ve been interviewing during work time and kicks me out? Don’t want to take the risk of actually accepting Tiktok…
10 hours ago
Hi, I applied for a Product manager role last month. I had 2 rounds of interviews. The 1st with the hiring manager went great and well, it felt more like a conversation than an interview. The 2nd with the director was good but I felt I did not impress the hiring manager enough. I had hoped to hear feedback last week and followed up with an email to the recruiter twice. Not sure what to think of that could be the delay. Please let me know what you think as I have moved my mind from it already
Got a burning question about Mutiny? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Mutiny employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Assembled an amazing early team." (in 7 reviews)
- "Fun, smart and ambitious people" (in 5 reviews)
- "First and foremost, Mutiny's culture is exceptional." (in 4 reviews)
- "Company vision is clear and leadership is dialed in on the opportunity." (in 4 reviews)
- "– The smartest people I've ever met: Everyone is absolutely brilliant." (in 3 reviews)
- 5.028 Feb 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearEdinburgh, Scotland
- Team: even at the interview stage, it was clear everyone I interacted with were super candid, caring, and always eager to help others succeed. I was a bit wary about joining a fully remote team, but I feel super connected to my coworkers even moreso than in-person teams I've previously been a part of. - Transparency: company leadership is super open and transparent about the company direction and very available to answer questions or provide suggestions to. Having that transparency makes me feel more motivated knowing I'm working on the most impactful things. - WLB: far better than previous teams I've been on, even though I'm on a different timezone than most of my direct coworkers. - Interesting work/tech: while martech probably wasn't on my bucket list, there's been lots of interesting technical challenges and domain specific problems that I've found myself becoming engaged in.
Laterally we're starting to run into some growing pains, but overall these are hugely outweighed by the pros and there's ongoing investment in addressing these pains.
- 4.013 Mar 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Very fast-paced, good chance to work on a lot of different issues. It's great to be surrounded by so many smart people.
The quarterly offsites are amazing but can also be very tiring.
- 5.024 Feb 2023Head of ContentCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearFredericton, NB
– You know your impact: I've never worked at a company that's so good at prioritizing. Every team knows exactly what they need to be working on and has sightline into how it influences company objectives. – Quarterly in-person offsites: Remote work can get blah after a while. Getting together at amazing locations with the team helps so much with trusting and enjoying working with your teammates. – The smartest people I've ever met: Everyone is absolutely brilliant. But not in a "I'm smarter than you" kind of way. I learn something new with every interaction I have.
– A very high bar for quality: The bar for what we create and put out into the world is extremely high. But at the same time, we don't tinker until it's perfect. The balance between moving quickly and maintaining high rigor always makes for interesting debates.
- 5.027 Feb 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Mutiny is a game-changing marketing tech startup that offers a working solution to help businesses boost their conversions through website personalization. First and foremost, Mutiny's culture is exceptional. The leadership team is supportive, approachable, and they have created an environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, and innovation, which is reflected in the product we are building. The team is composed of talented individuals who are really passionate about their work and make work to feel like play. If you're looking for an exciting career opportunity at a company with a fantastic culture, I highly recommend Mutiny. The team is dreaming big to disrupt the marketing tech industry!
When working for a startup, it's important to understand that the company may not be able to offer the same level of benefits and perks as larger, more established companies. Startups typically have limited financial resources and they may need to prioritize their spendings.
- 5.024 Feb 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
- Mutiny is a super fast-growing startup that is fully remote, work anywhere in the world - Quarterly paid offsites to connect with the team and align on OKRs and planning are extremely fun and beneficial to get role clarity - You get to work with the best of the best, everyone here are overachievers and are extremely good at their job while being very humble - Fun and quirky brand, a lot of encouragement from management to make work feel like play
- Frequent pivots and changes in directions which is normal in a growing company - You're surrounded by A-players that move fast, and you have to be accountable for your own work-life balance
- 5.01 Mar 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
- Hiring process was fair, enjoyable, and everyone was personable. The technical screens tested knowledge that would be used in the role. - Team atmosphere where everyone is rooting for one another. - Fun environment that encourages people to be themselves and express themselves. Meetings are casual and fun. - Company vision is clear and leadership is dialed in on the opportunity. - Engineers pair VERY frequently. I thought this would be a pain, but it's unlocked a new level of efficiency and strengthened bonds.
- There was a minor discrepancy in the original job posting to the actual offer. Not terrible, but would have been good to know. - Deadlines are always tight, backlog is always full - not a lot of time for technical exploration.
- 5.023 Feb 2023Growth StrategistCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Leadership is transparent and authentic Genuine feeling of wanting the best for our customers and teammates A healthy approach to work-life balance - it's clear that team leads want their teams to take care of themselves and have flexibility in their day-to-day An awesome product and mission to rally behind Great customers While the interview process was long and had high expectations of applicants, it's resulted in really amazing peers that are the right fit for this unique environment
As with most startups, there's a lot to do and you're expected to take ownership of things as soon as you can. People that thrive are people that relish the fast-paced environment and are looking to make a big impact. It is not the right place to "coast"1
- 5.024 Feb 2023Growth StrategistCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
The company has incredible vision and the focus to pivot as needed with the chaotic macro environment. The quarterly offsites allow everyone to stay on track and connect to build relationships. With a 100% remote team, I was fearful that I'd feel isolated. The opposite is the case. Everyone is willing to support personally and double down for our customers.
Like an startup, the pace is quick. I always enjoy the consistent challenges and growth opportunities. If you are someone that like less change in their role, I wouldn't recommend a startup at all.
- 5.028 Feb 2023Enterprise Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPortland, OR
Mutiny is a collection of the most diversely talented group I have ever been around, all with one shared goal of building something truly great. Work Hard, Play Hard, bring your authentic self to work, and always test the limits. I cannot say enough about what an incredible group of people, top to bottom, and anyone who has earned a Mutiny offer but doesn't accept will regret it for the rest of their lives.
Startups are hard, require self motivation, and not for someone who needs to be told what to do.
- 5.013 Mar 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
- Extremely well positioned even with the economic climate - Strong leadership team - Transparency in metrics and processes, no one is in the dark - People are genuine, humble, and know how to live and breathe the company's core valeus - Technical screens were pragmatic and role-oriented - Onboarding was seamless and processes in general are highly organized (especially for a company at this stage)
Not a "con" necessarily, but be ready to jump in and make an impact, it's a fast paced environment and change is a constant
Mutiny Reviews FAQs
Mutiny has an overall rating of 5.0 out of 5, based on over 44 reviews left anonymously by employees. 100% of employees would recommend working at Mutiny to a friend and 95% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
100% of Mutiny employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Mutiny 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 5.0 for culture and values and 4.9 for career opportunities.