MyEyeDr. Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 13 August 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sue Downes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company is growing so there's lots of room for growth" (in 13 reviews)

• "Lots of room for growth within the company, competitive salaries and great culture" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper Management tends to use intimidation methods that trickles down the heir achy of management" (in 22 reviews)

• "With growth does come some growing pains" (in 7 reviews)

1. "glasses"

I have been working at MyEyeDr. full-time

Pros

it was okay, pretty good people

Cons

no much, everything was pretty chil

"They have so many problems I lost track."

I worked at MyEyeDr. full-time

Pros

Patients are great. Doctors are great.

Cons

HR is an absolute joke. They do NOT care about anything that is happening to you. You get hired for one job and get stuck working 3 other ones because everyone is short staff and if they are over staffed you have to drive to other locations in your district to help which is up to 1.5 hours away!! You WILL NOT be promoted unless you are friends with someone higher up. The goals are unattainable, never consider them in your monthly finances. And even the commission is a joke, sell a pair of $500 glasses to make $2, it's absolutely ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Clean up your locations and actually ASK the employees for anonymous information about what's going on there. Fire your entire HR team and start over because they are AWFUL and side with management every time there is an issue. Stop focusing on "numbers" and worry about the actual patients coming TO GET THEIR EYES EXAMINED. These 10 minute eye exams with no dilation for first time patients scream lawsuit. Good luck with keeping a reputation after that.

"100% Retail"

I have been working at MyEyeDr. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of locations if you need to move out of state, compensation is manageable (still not great), availability to move up in the company but only if you kiss the right person's you-know-what and pull the right strings

Cons

Management, lack of communication, false promises, higher ups will lie to you to keep you doing what they want. Hard work will not get you anywhere, must know people to move up. THIS COMPANY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR LIFE AND WILL NOT HELP YOU TO HELP THEM.

Advice to Management

Stop treating great employees that bed over backwards and work hard like trash

"Good for a Vulnerable Professional"

I worked at MyEyeDr. part-time

Pros

None. Typing this to meet the 5 word minimum.

Cons

Chicago is the biggest city they’re in.. 1.2/5 star rating. They want to keep growing and for the most populated city they have not liking them... wouldn’t recommend making the mistake I did by accepting an offer in the first place.

This company is ignorant and incompetent. They bought a small scale company that locals had no issues with. They’ve been going downhill since they took neighborhood offices from neighborhoods to become a failing wannabe corporation.

Give and RESPECT employees that stick around through extreme turnover, don’t hire people as full-time and 2 years later let newer employees with constant write ups take extra shifts.

The mission says they focus on patients first and then the employees... and not money or sales, but your training and ACTUAL output is that “we let incredible long-term staff leave by their choice because we believe that motivation for our staff means we should close offices with little notice and screw over the ones who have been sticking with this company... while also robbing patients of their financial situation.”

Advice to Management

Improve employee appreciation, change the mission to what hourly employees are forced to do (while upper management sits back and never actually gets exposed to day to day situations), and make the highest possible annual raise more than less than a dollar.

You raise your pricing on product that is not sold and you unerappreciate loyal staff. You ask for input and ideas across regions to increase sales and ignore all suggestions.

Patients are pissed off by your decisions and we get to take the hits. My review won’t change anything because this company is not loyal or respectful to anyone unless you have money.

"Eyewear Consultant"

Current Employee - Eyewear Consultant in Albany, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Eyewear Consultant in Albany, GA (US)

I have been working at MyEyeDr. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Such an AMAZING company to work for!

Cons

Honestly I haven't found any cons yet!

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!

"Store Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC (US)

I worked at MyEyeDr. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

incentive plan and good bonuses

Cons

understaffed, hours work well over 40

"optometric tech"

I worked at MyEyeDr. full-time

Pros

None; the Doctor was awful

Cons

The doctor was so ridiculously slow and petty. It was a toxic work environment

"Wouldn't work there!!!"

Former Employee - PSC in Bartow, FL (US)
    Former Employee - PSC in Bartow, FL (US)

I worked at MyEyeDr. (Less than a year)

Pros

Bonuses
    Discounts on eyewear and contacts

Cons

Management
    Upper Management
    Too much pressure to make sales
    Pay
    Benefits

Advice to Management

Be nicer, loyal and more sincere to your employees because without them there would be no company (MyEyeDr.) and you would be stuck doing all of the work yourself

"field"

I worked at MyEyeDr. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good employee benefits, good hours

Cons

Lack of communication with HR, They don't help or respond to emails in a timely manner, inconsistent instructions between HO and the field offices, favoritism

"Growing Company with lots of room for career advancement."

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at MyEyeDr. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has such a strong passion for providing the best patient experience and we’re reminded of this often. It makes us focus on how our daily decisions not only impact or immediate team but the overall patient impact also. This is often rare to see in action from other companies.

Cons

While the company continues to grow, it tends to struggle with IT keeping up with the pace which is very frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on improving the communication from the top down, engage with the employees more and improve IT infrastructure. Overall, you have a great company on an amazing path with great people and should be very proud of that which is why i love working here.