Find jobs for Developer

Myplanet Developer Reviews

Updated 25 Jun 2020

4.9
Myplanet Founder and CEO Jason Cottrell (no image)
Jason Cottrell
  1. "Amazing place to work remote"

Current Contractor - Software Developer in Brasília, Federal District

I have been working at Myplanet for more than 3 years

Pros

They provide you whatever you need to get the work done. You're accountable for your work and they really trust you. You have periodic meetings with a mentor that will give you tips and advice on your career. Great co-workers. Clear communication from the Leadership with everyone.

Cons

Reviews and feedbacks sometimes take to long to be given to you.

Continue reading
  2. "Great co-workers and awesome vibe, even for remote workers"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a remote worker, getting seen/heard can be tricky. However, I've met more people in different departments here in the last 6 months than I did in 7 years in a previous job. Everyone I've met is easy to talk to and understand the communication issues of remote life. I work with smart people that are quick to help and explain things when necessary, all without judgement. The company is socially and community conscious and have a great startup-like culture. There are numerous gatherings, both for employees as well as for external groups, which are open to remote workers too. The on-boarding experience was intensive, but so good, by far the best I've ever experienced. You get to meet a wide range of folks from different departments, which helps later on when you end up working with them. Very quickly after starting to work for Myplanet, I felt like I was an integral part of the company and received positive feedback for things my team had done. That is huge.

Cons

I've only managed to get to the office once...so far :)

February 18, 2020Brand and Content Manager

We love hearing you've had such a positive experience so far! Come on out again soon— there's more people for you to meet :D

3. "Great place to fully use your development skills"

Current Employee - Software Developer
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of career opportunities, all the while learning the ropes of development and the process behind it. If you are looking for ways to sharpen your development skills, this is a place to be.

Cons

At times, projects seem incompletely defined which might put more pressure on the development teams.

4. "Truly A Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

-the people -the office -the office dogs -the atmosphere -the work is super interesting Generally, I feel that the leadership and the CEO truly care about the people that work with them and for them. It is a people first organization and it is a pleasant place to spend your day.

Cons

-I can't think of any to be honest -There aren't that many healthy food places around the office to eat at

December 12, 2019Content & Community Strategy

Wonderful to hear you're having such a positive experience! Not sure how we can help with the healthy food option shortage in the neighbourhood, but we'll do what we can... (Petition the neighbourhood business association, perhaps? For now hopefully you'll accept the always full fruit bowl and endless supply of granola bars as a temporary salve!)

5. "Great place to work and explore more with fun !!!!"

Current Employee - Software Developer In Test

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best thing is the work culture. It doesn't matter what limitations one has, team will figure out the way to solve and encourage each other. Management knows the importance of work life balance.

Cons

Self learning and exploring things feels overwhelming sometimes because of limited resources but negligible if, you are enthusiastic to figure out the ways on your own and educate others

6. "Love this place"

Current Employee - Frontend Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great projects, great leadership and great colleagues. Varied and interesting work. Remote-worker friendly. Clear career development paths. Good benefits.

Cons

Erm... honestly can't think of anything.

Continue reading
  7. "Great Company. Always learning. Good growth opportunities."

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As many people have said, Myplanet has an amazing culture of work life balance. They understand that people are people and not just commodities. They genuinely care about employee well being, health, happiness and fulfillment on the job. Projects are varied and challenging. There is always something interesting to work on, and perhaps at times that can also wind up being a con as well. Being a client shop, things can be pretty fast paced. Myplanet is always open to feedback and constructive criticism to make the company better. The management are all really good people who are always listening for ways to improve the company. The people are all amazing. Everyone there seems to love what they do. The teams are genuinely awesome, and the managers, project leads, and leadership are all warm kind people. Something that seems rare in the world of business today.

Cons

Of course, nothing is completely perfect. As mentioned by others, it can be hard to find a room for meetings. Myplanet has faltered and stumbled in the past and gone through some growing pains. They still are as they find new areas to work in with new clients and new kinds of projects. As it expands, it is redefining its identity, which can be disorienting at times, and mean that learning takes place on project, and by trial and error. The company can seem understaffed at times, and thus it means that developers can have fast overlap between projects, be pulled quickly off of one and put onto another, and some projects can feel like they would benefit from another non-existent dev. It can be hard to know exactly what you will work on next until you are on it, and then it is just rolling with things as they come. Some people can thrive in that environment, and others not as much. Stability in company processes is still being worked out, which can also make it a great place if you are a thinker, a thought leader and a doer. There is a lot of room for growth to become better in certain areas, redefining aspects of company culture and company practices, such as around custom software architecture and design. It can be frustrating at times not having these things already in place, but also means that it is an area that contributions are welcomed and embraced. In that sense, none of these things are totally cons. They are just the realities of companies that are growing, evolving and changing. That growth has its pains, but we all go through it together.

January 30, 2019CEO

"They understand that people are people and not just commodities” Yes! This is exactly how we have worked to structure things from the get-go. I’m so glad that it’s being felt by the team as a whole. And as regards the developer community growth, I’d love to hear more thoughts on this if you’re willing to share. We are determined to hold ourselves to our values of innovation and mastery and you’re right, it’s a big group with a vast skill set and we’re probably missing opportunities to harness it. I’d love your thoughts on how the initiatives discussed at our last SOTU might help in this regard. We have been thinking a lot about this and our hires and initiatives in 2019 are largely focused around this. Thank you for keeping this top-of-mind and please do share some of your thoughts directly if you’re willing. I’d love to hear where you think this could go!

8. "Amazing company to work for, a privilege to be part of"

Current Contractor - Fullstack Software Developer in Campinas, São Paulo

I have been working at Myplanet for more than a year

Pros

A super positive environment with a lot of bright and motivated people. Myplanet is like a big family. Not to mention, it is very friendly towards remote work. There's no better place to be!

Cons

Doesn't happen very often, but you may find yourself running against time to meet a deadline, pulling some long working days, and sometimes weekends too, but as I said, it is rare! And the whole team takes responsibility for it, so you will never ever be alone.

"Great people"

4.0
    Current Employee - Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment at the company enables you to grow on many different aspects. The fact we have mentors that help us grow is something I particularly enjoy. We often see new and exciting projects to work

Cons

Even though the company invest in many different aspects, sometimes it looks like they are trying to save money on details.

January 30, 2019CEO

Really pleased to hear you’re finding value in the mentorship and growth opportunities. Our “Choose Your Own Adventure”-style career path and regular mentorship cadence is something we’ve invested in with intention for our teams, wanting to see them grow in their own careers and aspirations and not just in the ways that we think would be best for Myplanet. As a private company and employee-owned we sometimes have to skip “nice-to-have” perks in order to ensure we can make the necessary growth and team investments. We always make sure that our teams are benefitting directly, as owners and as beneficiaries, first and foremost. It may mean we don’t have things like catered meals every week, but we’ve always believed it’s best to let our team decide for themselves how they want to spend their money. Of course if there are some essential items that you feel are missing or insufficient, please let us know and we’ll see what solutions we can find.

10. "Good working atmosphere, amazing leadership team, respectful co-workers"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Get to work with a lot of talented and motivated people - Very nice office - Leadership is very transparent and cares about employee's personal career development - Get to work on different projects - B-corp - Company is doing a good job at making sure everyone is being treated equally and respectfully in the work space.

Cons

- Have to work on multiple projects at the same time sometime - Not every project that you are on is super exciting

Found 26 reviews