Myplanet Reviews

Updated Oct 25, 2021

Found 95 of over 114 reviews

4.8
Myplanet Founder and CEO Jason Cottrell (no image)
Jason Cottrell
Pros
  • "Management knows the importance of work life balance(in 11 reviews)

• "Supportive leadership team and are focused 100% on the success of the business(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The company is growing and is facing 'growing pains'(in 8 reviews)

• "company is growing(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

214 Comments

Tech

81.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Myplanet~517554
    Join the conversation on
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Student Intern at my planet

Nov 25, 2020 - Student Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive working environment, improved commnication and confidence

Cons

Little opportunity to move between different roles and see different sectors of the company

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Friendly culture, bright and driven teams

Oct 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Very friendly and warm co-workers - Strong employee culture - Flexibility in terms of working hours and time off - Smart, driven employees - Autonomous, rewarding work

Cons

- Small company experiencing growth and change

3. 5.0

Awesome culture, Awesome Company

Oct 8, 2021 - Delivery Manager in Winnipeg, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

A talented team and a great culture make Myplanet a pleasure to work for. While we are remote first it feels like a really close knit group that works together really well. I am learning something new everyday and coming to work is a pleasure.

Cons

None. We are a dynamic growing company with a bright future and insightful leadership. The sky is the limit.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work! With some room for improvement (4.5 stars)

Aug 27, 2021 - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Hands down, best place to work in the world. You just won't find anything better. - Full transparency on 90-95% of things happening in the company, you really feel part of a collective team working on something meaningful. - A lot of smart, competent, well-spoken individuals who put in the work across all disciplines - Everyone genuinely wants you to succeed and improve - Your voice is heard and listened to regardless of your identity/background and you are always valued. - Very unbiased hiring process - Great overall culture, better than most companies. Folks here are very emotionally intelligent and empathetic, great personalities. - Agile process that really works - Very competent leadership team that knows what they are doing

Cons

- Not a huge fan of remote work. Completely understandable with most technology companies going full remote but it removes opportunities for connecting with people and meeting someone new. Also understandable that in a pandemic world, it isn't entirely possible to go full in-person but at the very least there should be some room for a hybrid approach. - If you are looking for a title and formal recognition from your peers, this isn't the right place to be. You start off as a "Software Developer" and then head into "Senior Software Developer", there is no "Software Developer I" or "Software Developer II" or "Staff Engineer" etc. This can be a good thing in the sense that it fosters a collaborative not a competitive culture but also bad as well since folks can feel discouraged and eventually leave. - Related to the point above, feels like titles are meaningless as Senior designations are given based entirely on experience and not leadership ability and soft skills. I have seen "Senior" Software Developers not showing seniority at all in situations that demand it, as most aren't willing to take the responsibility and accountability that comes with it. My expectation would at least be that they would have a sense of direction of where to go given their accrued years of experience. Definitely not a deal-breaker though, as I heard this is a common problem in most companies but definitely something to keep in mind - Far too many Generalists, ideally there should to be well established go-to devs that you can ask about a specific tech stack.

5. 5.0

So Far, So Great

Aug 13, 2021 - Delivery Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Myplanet for just under 2 months now. The onboarding was fantastic and very thorough. There were multiple sessions with the different leaders of the company and they each shared their area of focus. It really helped me understand the vision from the different teams and how I would be able to help. The career and employee development here is one of the best I've seen. There is a strong focus on 1 on 1 development with your team leads as they genuinely want you to succeed. The actual work can be challenging but at no point in time did I feel alone. I am constantly supported by those who have been working here for a while and know the Myplanet ways.

Cons

The usual growing pains with a company that is hiring at a rapid pace, but still a fun ride.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A really good company to work for

Aug 13, 2021 - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Employee Appreciation: You feel valued as an employee working here at Myplanet. Your colleagues treat you like family and giving praise publicly is a regular thing. - Projects/ Work: The company is working on really great projects and have a very clear vision where it wants to go. I got to work with the latest tech in developing the newest e-commerce platforms. - Decent Pay/ Benefits - Super friendly HR. Probably the best HR I've experienced in 5 years of my working experience.

Cons

There is really nothing negative about this company. I've really enjoyed my time here and definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to join a flourishing company.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Come and work in a great team environment!

Aug 13, 2021 - Front End Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Myplanet since 2012 and I have nothing but good things to say. It's a great company and it's been fun to work with so many great co-workers over the years who build world class products. The team approach is a real positive here, and I appreciate a company that does its best to "walk the talk" when it comes to living up to our shared values.

Cons

Like all tech companies Myplanet suffers from sometimes quick employee turn around, even though Myplanet has a core of veteran employees.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing people, customers, project and ideas

Aug 13, 2021 - Account Executive in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Innovation is a core value - Culture is strong throughout the organization - You have the freedom to make something your own

Cons

The company is growing very quickly and sometimes the work loads can be high but this is also something there are clear steps to fixing.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

In a league of its own

Jun 6, 2021 - Senior Software Developer In Test in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Myplanet is a hidden gem for the unsuspecting job seeker. When you start here, you will notice the positive energy emitted by everyone. You will be working with the highest caliber of employees, exercise your inner entrepreneur and see the making of the whole widget all at the same time. Furthermore, this company allows you to grow both professionally and passionately if you choose to engage in the many workshops and activities offered by the enthusiastic leadership team and driven employees.

Cons

If you don't monitor your time allocated to specific projects, you may find yourself overwhelmed.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Fantastic Place to Work!

Jun 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

After joining Myplanet earlier this year, one of the first things that stood out to me was the amazing culture and people at the organization. I noticed that majority of the individuals here have pride in their work, exhibit positive energy, and open to questions and discussion at all levels of the company. I was amazed by the virtual onboarding process provided upon joining. In addition to the technical onboarding, they went above and beyond to have us meet the leaders of every department in an effort to learn how the different departments mesh together and contribute to the success of the business as a whole. I can see that the company takes an honest effort to incorporate social activities in a virtual environment which I really appreciate as well. Management also does a really good job promoting work-life balance, given the company is a growing tech start-up.

Cons

None to note at the moment.

Myplanet Response

Director, Culture

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We're happy to hear about your positive onboarding experience and that you've enjoyed your overall experience to date.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 95 Reviews