Myplanet Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated 7 Nov 2018

4.7
Myplanet Founder and CEO Jason Cottrell (no image)
Jason Cottrell
Pros
  • "Work life balance (Really understand that employees have life outside work)(in 11 reviews)

• "Supportive leadership team and are focused 100% on the success of the business(in 10 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews

"Fun, Challenging, Smart, Humane Company"

Current Employee - Product Strategist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Truly believe and understand work-life balance - Live and breathe the values of diversity - Do their best to pair employees with projects, technologies, industries, and design challenges they are interested in - Care deeply about everyone

Cons

The company is growing quickly due to delivering well on projects, and so are experiencing growing pains, Figuring out how to rework office space, staffing projects up without hiring too quickly, etc. But consistently ask for feedback on how to handle this better.

Myplanet Response

January 30, 2019CEO

Thanks so much for taking the time to review— it’s really nice to hear you recognize and appreciate the time and care we put into trying to pair the right people with the right projects to ensure team success. In particular as we expand our practice areas into new and emerging technologies in the AI & ML spaces, it’s important to us to keep our teams learning and growing in ways that feel good for them. And you’re right, the expanding team and work has meant some “growing pains” around the office in Toronto! We’re definitely committed to resolving those and have secured additional space on a separate floor to help alleviate some of the challenges around meeting rooms and quiet spaces in particular to help teams and individuals focus.

2. "Another year of growth and amazing work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time

Pros

- The company is growing and the work coming in is exciting and challenging - C-level folks are accessible and the company cares about the employers - Amazing co-workers - Great culture

Cons

- The company is growing and is facing 'growing pains'

"Developer"

Current Employee - Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, awesome days you can pick to learn whatever you want, amazing office, Agile process.

Cons

Could be more challenging work, Harder to reach out to management as company grows

Myplanet Response

May 27, 2015CEO

Glad that you are enjoying your experience with us. Each of us can contribute to building a stronger culture and a stronger Myplanet. Please do get out and get involved in our events and the decisions that affect us (ie/ Morning Coffee, Strategy Breakfast, KYC, Engagement Week, etc.). Staying approachable is important to myself and our Directors. Please do Skype or see me in the office and make suggestions on how we can do this.

"I'd probably work here for free..."

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Myplanet

Pros

Smart and creative people. Work hard but can have fun. Lots of growth opportunities, both in responsibility and skills. Have gone from small projects to doing great strategic work for some of the world's most prominent tech and telecom companies. Push for stable and high performing teams. Mindfulness training. Values-based culture.

Cons

Lot of change. Roles shift every few months as the company grows. Flat structure means people need to be self organizing. Can be tough to spend enough time in one place to really master your role.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews