N2 Publishing Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.7
N2 Publishing CEO Duane Hixon
Duane Hixon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance is a positive aspect of this company" (in 27 reviews)

• "The pros of working with N2 is that you are never alone in the job" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Cooperation among local Area Directors / team members is essential to the happiness and success of the regional team" (in 23 reviews)

• "You have to have a passion for it and if you don't you will not survive at N2 or as a business owner" (in 13 reviews)

1. "Great Company with Amazing Leadership"

Current Employee - Area Director in Waco, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Area Director in Waco, TX (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best atmosphere and company culture. Continually ranked as one of the best companies to work for. Consistent training and assistance from management. Franchise owners are some of the best to work with and learn from. Neighborhood publications are very well received and loved by residents of the communities they serve.

Cons

Ramp up can be challenging for potential new Area Directors who need income sooner. However, can also be rewarding once completed. Smaller town Area Directors can be somewhat isolated from other Area Directors in larger cities where there are more communities.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and thank you for the opportunity.

2. "Print shop"

Current Employee - Print Shop in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Print Shop in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, relaxing, flexible, and reasonable

Cons

Others to go above and beyond duties.

3. "Best Company Around to Work For!!!"

Current Employee - Contracts and Legal Affairs Manager in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Contracts and Legal Affairs Manager in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

culture, people, perks, flexibility, job

Cons

none applicable at this time

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!

4. "Talks the talk AND walks the walk"

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time

Pros

Awesome people, culture, and genuine.
    Room for growth, management truly cares for well-being, and do what is best for their employees.
    Opportunity to grow both personally and professionally

Cons

If you don't like to work hard and consistently probably not the place for you.
    Start off pay isn't great but they do raises on performance.

Advice to Management

I love feedback and I'm not afraid to hear the truth, I would love more conversations on specifics on how I can grow. Not everyone likes that but direct conversations are great if someone is asking for those conversations.

5. "An amazing company full of incredible people and great opportunity!"

Current Employee - People Operations in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - People Operations in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people of N2 are what really makes this organization special. Top down, everyone is cared for as an individual both professionally and personally. Because of this, the culture is incredible. We work really hard but have a great time working alongside each other. There is so much opportunity to grow here. I think I've found my forever work home. I fully intend to retire here.

Cons

If you aren't comfortable with change, then you won't be comfortable at N2. The growth of our company means that things change frequently.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

6. "N2 Culture Speaks for Itself"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is outstanding. The supportive, encouraging environment never dies down. You're always set up for success here, which makes you want to do the same for others. There's also a lot of room for growth.

Cons

Sometimes there are growing pains, but it's worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep the awesome culture, humble vision, and ambitious growth rate up!

7. "Area Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Company Culture, Income potential.

Cons

Desired communities may not always be available.

Advice to Management

They are true leaders not only there to help you professionally but personally.

8. "Franchise Opportunity Has Exceeded Expectations"

Current Employee - Sales Director/Franchise Owner in Camas, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Director/Franchise Owner in Camas, WA (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My wife and I have been able to work together the last 4 years. After starting the franchise opportunity with N2 it was only 6 months before we were in a position to bring my wife home from her previous career in Human Resources. We've been franchise owners the last 4.5 years now and this opportunity has greatly exceeded our expectations in many ways. We love the community we work with in Camas, WA and built so many incredible friendships with people that receive the publication each month and we have met because of our work in the community. We are thankful to work with the most creative and kind business owners who are at the top of their professions in Southwest WA. My wife and I love the work life balance that goes along with the franchise opportunity.

Cons

In sales, it's never fun dealing with rejection. We can be our best employee or our worst employee with how we manage our time. Anyone in business has good days and bad days and like any business owner, it's up to you to pull yourself out of those tough days. We can reach out to our fellow franchise owners to help with that.

Advice to Management

Typically someone who takes longer than 6 months to go through ramp-up and take their publication to print isn't going to be a good long term fit because they don't have the drive to push themself. I think it would be helpful to have a clause in the franchise agreement that says something like, someone needs to achieve ramp-up in 6 months or less or they will not be allowed to be a franchise owner.

9. "Area Director"

Current Employee - Area Director in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Area Director in Sacramento, CA (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work on my own time. My 'so called' managers are more like mentors and friends, than managers. This is a medium sized company, but I never feel like I'm working for corporate America. N2 cares about your family and work/life balance. They are there to help you succeed in any way possible. The culture is like no other! Everyone I work with is awesome, encouraging, helpful, supportive...NO WORK DRAMA...ever!

Cons

Just the stress of owning your own business. This is a franchise, so I am responsible! I have never owned my own business before, so sometimes that feels overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Really none!

10. "Over a Decade of Great Times at N2 Publishing!"

Current Employee - Area Director in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Area Director in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Coworkers that are like a second family, work-life balance, autonomy, abilities to learn, grow and personally develop, and opportunities for leadership development are just some of the reasons I loved my time with N2 Publishing (almost 13 years now).

I couldn't say enough good things about this company and its culture. I may not stay with the company for life, but I honestly can't imagine what it would take to get me to leave them.

Cons

I can't really think of any downsides of working with N2....the only downsides with the Area Director role would be the same downsides you'd find working for yourself in any position. If you can't handle working for yourself, where you are responsible for your own livelihood and future, then don't buy this franchise. But if you CAN legitimately handle running your own business, then you'd be remiss not to look into this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!