NCSA Next College Student Athlete Reviews

Updated 23 Feb 2021

3.8
NCSA Next College Student Athlete President and COO Lisa Strasman
Lisa Strasman
Pros
  • "Can work from home if you consistently hit numbers(in 55 reviews)

• "It was very rewarding to help Student/Athletes and families prepare for a very exciting time in their lives(in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • "work/life balance can be a grind(in 50 reviews)

• "When I took my job as a 'Head Scout' at this company I could not have been more excited(in 22 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Recruiting Specialist

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for less than a year

Pros

amazing culture, solution, corporate social responsibility, interview process and onboarding. 100% of each and every employee I've interacted with and/or have seen in action is smart, has high integrity and expertise.

Cons

absolutely none. unbelievable and unprecedented. fabulous,

September 3, 2020EVP of Recruiting

Wow, thank you for painting such a great (and in my opinion spot-on) picture of NCSA’s working environment! I’m so happy to have you as part of the NCSA team as we continue to grow and improve

"Overall Good Company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordniator in Austin, TX

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time

Pros

Remote Opportunities Work within sports

Cons

Low pay Long hours A lot of phone calls

"NCSA"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time

Pros

Great people and management. Nice benefits as well!

Cons

Work to life balance isn’t the best

4. COVID-19

"Great place to be"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

NCSA has always been a fantastic place to work, but this past year especially- the executive team and senior leadership made moves during a pandemic to support every level of employee. Proud to call NCSA a home.

Cons

Currently full time remote & miss being in the office (but another example of having employees health as their top priority)

5. COVID-19

"IT Support Position"

Current Employee - Systems Support Specialist in Chicago, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership - Manager is understanding, helpful and interested in seeing growth from employees. Always willing to help out and educate with lower-level issues while trying motivate employees to take on more responsibility and increase their knowledge base Access to tools - IT Team constantly wants its team members to improve their skills. It gives access to an impressive amount of training courses and lots of documentation for solving problems. Respect - Across the company, the users are polite and respectful of the IT team's time and efforts. Work Life Balance - Almost no work is take-home or afterhours in this role, management is very understanding of needing to take time for mental health, doctor visits, sickness with unlimited PTO. Compensation - Offers market value for this position and a yearly bonus that is earned by hitting certain goals that you create at the beginning of each year. Additionally, you can be recognized throughout the year for great work and receive monetary rewards. Remote first - Since the COVID-19 outbreak, the company has become remote first, meaning that they try to emphasize work from home whenever possible. The team created a wonderful environment for us to communicate with users and solve issues from this remote setting.

Cons

Communication with other departments could be more proactive on both sides, allowing IT to catch underlying issues before they begin to build up negatively.

February 25, 2021Chief Technology Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for such an accurate review of NCSA as a whole. I’m happy to hear that you feel supported by your management and respected by your peers – but frankly I wouldn’t expect any less given how incredible our team is. You probably know that we have some great things in the works to help improve our communication, security and processes overall, so stay tuned for more and as always, I welcome you to share any feedback or ideas you have with myself or your manager.

6. "*"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time

Pros

Challenging but rewarding, get what you give

Cons

Very little work-life balance, success is based off numbers

7. COVID-19

"NCSA WINS on all fronts!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

The amount of support I have received during my first year is unmatched. It is great to be with a company who allows you to have a voice, encourage growth by setting goals to push your limits and work with like-minded colleagues that celebrate your wins. I've never felt more at home with a company as I do working with NCSA.

Cons

Not being to connect with colleagues during COVID. It's a special place filled with special folks!

February 10, 2021VP of Human Resources

Thank you for your great review of NCSA. We all have certainly faced our share of challenges last year, and I’m happy to hear you have been able to build a connection with our team while we have been working from home and also glad that you feel supported both personally and professionally. We look forward to having you as a part of our team for the years to come and always welcome your feedback as we work to be even better.

8. "Good Culture, Good People, Tough Hours, Tough Advancement"

Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Mira Loma, CA

I worked at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time

Pros

Moving up in sales in merit based and lots of opportunity. Culture is great and get to talk sports

Cons

Hours are long and tough. Work is an absolute grind.

9. "gross"

1.0
    Former Employee - NCSA Senior Recruiting Coach in Chicago, IL

I worked at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for less than a year

Pros

none it was very toxic and misleading

Cons

everything was terrible and they hated you

10. "Product"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time

Pros

Good work environment. Fast pace

Cons

Long hours. Not flexible. Lots of work

Viewing 1 - 10 of 379 English Reviews