Found 6,006 of over 7K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "I worked in the Woking store and all the staff were friendly and easy to work with." (in 464 reviews)
- "I worked with really nice people which is why my experience at next has been so great." (in 324 reviews)
- "Budget for uniform and flexible hours" (in 262 reviews)
- "Helpful and friendly colleagues" (in 218 reviews)
- "Good benefits and great to work for" (in 112 reviews)
- "As it got very busy it was very tiring and as I only worked 4.5 hour shifts I never got a break Pay is low" (in 514 reviews)
- "Poor management and not challenging enough" (in 441 reviews)
- "The managers that I have had are not great to work with and are exceptionally rude." (in 318 reviews)
- "No training plan (How can you develop and progress if there isn't any consistent training plan and feedback given)" (in 150 reviews)
- "Can be stressful and past is minimum wage" (in 100 reviews)
- 4.0FEATURED REVIEW20 Feb 2023Sales AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearManchester, England
Friendly team Opportunity for development
Different environment depending on the store
- 5.01 Nov 2023Assistant Store ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsGlasgow, Scotland
Great place to work with great opportunity's to progress at all levels of the business if interested and plenty of development opportunity's in role or for next role. Staff discount and wardrobe allowance is great benefit as well as share save and management shares. Supportive environment with a constant updates on how business is progressing and able highlight any feedback of issues or things to move the business on so you feel listened too. People are great and the business is very people focused. You can feel a difference in the business over the last 3 years with improvements in all aspects.
Retail and distribution are two totally different parts of the company and it feels that way at store level. The pay is considerably higher for all roles as well as bonuses etc. this can cause some frustrations particularly with staff in store who are working stock processes but paid far less. Some tech issues can be a bit frustrating when impacts work at store level and can sometimes be a bit slow to resolve but this is slowly getting better
- 4.07 Nov 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsLeicester, England
Great benefits and Enderby campus - nursery, restaurant, sharesave, bonus. Some areas of the business are really driving change and making a difference. Friendly and caring people to work with.
Maternity pay could be better (but currently nursery makes up for this). Merits vary greatly across the business, some departments don't seem to want to submit people for these unless they threaten to leave or kick up a fuss. It should be based on going above and beyond and working at a higher level consistently. There are some senior managers who have been in the business for a very very long time and don't seem to want to drive change. Not much opportunity for part time working.
- 4.031 Oct 2023DesignerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsEnderby, England
The people are lovely, helpful and friendly. We all work well as a team Lots of opportunity to grow your own potential The ability to travel to exciting places for research all over the world and go on training courses to better yourself Creativity and new ideas are welcomed and listened to
No part time offered for my grade despite others having this that do my same job at the same level Work life balance isn't there for me More staff needed to cope with constant tight deadline demands. My job is too stressful with affects every part of my life
- 3.020 Nov 2023Customer Service Team ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLeicester, England
Subsidised canteen and staff shop
Poor senior management who are stuck in their ways. Many of the senior managers are older so are set in their old ways and not open to change. No opportunities to progress . Poor pay for Team Managers
- 5.07 Nov 2023Buying ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsLeicester, England
At Next Buyers have a clearly defined career path, with excellent pay and benefits. Anyone joining the company has the ability to gain promotion to the highest levels on the product teams, by consistently achieving excellent results and constantly learning. An exciting role that is challenging and rewarding in equal measure.
Standards are very high, you get out what you put in. Hard work will only get you so far, true talent, being decisive, influencing, great communication, bravery, forward thinking and assertiveness are just some of the skills you'll need to get on. You have to be at your best at all times!
- 4.025 Nov 2023Retail AssistantFormer Employee
Fellow co-workers were very polite and its a nice simple shop.
Managers not very personable but I guess all managers are the same in retail so not a knock on them
- 5.027 Nov 2023Store ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsLondon, England
A retail talent program offers great development opportunities. Lots of benefits on offer.
Basic salaries are below market average
NEXT Reviews FAQs
NEXT has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 6,784 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at NEXT to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
64% of NEXT employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NEXT 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.