NRG Reviews

Updated 14 Oct 2020

3.2
NRG Chief Executive Therese Liddle
Therese Liddle
  1. "Supportive & Progressive Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at NRG full-time

Pros

* Some really good contracts/relationships with other organisations * As an employee you are supported and encouraged to develop * Colleagues are great * With NRG being a smaller business, any feedback and suggestions are listened to *Continuously investing in new technology for consultants

Cons

* Can be high-pressure but as are most recruitment jobs * Dining/ Break facilities could be improved

2. "Zero Hours Issues"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Warehouse Operative

I worked at NRG full-time

Pros

Friendly environment and people, decent enough pay

Cons

Unreliable zero hour contracts lead to lack of work

3. "Easy inspection work in Warehouse"

4.0
    Former Employee - QA Inspector in Washington, North East England, England

I worked at NRG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Well looked after considering this was an agency jobs. got all the same perks of permanent staff. Very easy work.

Cons

Very repetitive boring work albeit easy

"Never worked anywhere as bad, management awful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at NRG full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are great and make it bearable

Cons

Managers are aggressive and and call people in front of everyone else, staff are over worked and only the favourites are looked after. Salaries low and staff turnover high cos of managers and bad wages, managers only care about people making them money. Horrible atmosphere and so many people that are favourites of the bosses get away with speaking to people like this and taking there bad mood out of staff. So many people looking to leave

"Awful"

I worked at NRG full-time

Pros

The colleagues were great to work with

Cons

Old fashioned, micro management that made people fearful and unable to do their job properly

"Shocking!!!"

I worked at NRG full-time for more than a year

Pros

None that I can think of really, was generally disappointed when I worked there, can’t think of any good points

Cons

Terrible employer, doesn’t treat its staff very well at all. Cut throat environment and quite harsh, your face has to fit

January 8, 2018People Development Manager

I’m sorry to learn that you didn’t have a good experience when working for NRG, it’s disheartening for us to receive such feedback as we don’t want any of our team to be left feeling ‘disappointed’ in the time they’ve spent working here. If you feel able to provide some more detail on why your experience wasn’t great, please do get in touch with me.

"Management don’t take time to look at themselves or admit there is a problem"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at NRG

Pros

Established business, city centre location but tired and not used to full potential. good client base and some loyal long serving staff.

Cons

Culture of blame by managers, always someone else’s fault candidate, client or staff, never them. They tell clients about staff being the most valuable asset but don’t mean it, staff haven’t had a cost of living rise in years and simple request of microwave refused because they think everyone can afford to buy their dinner in town every day. Management expect too much and quick to blame the staff in front of everyone and make snide remarks. They do staff surveys to say they’ve done one but couldn’t care what is said. Horrible place to work with managers calling each other behind their backs.

October 20, 2017People Development Manager

Thank you for giving your feedback, I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your time at NRG. I agree that expectations at NRG are high, this is because we want to do our very best for our clients and candidates and in fact, we often receive praise from our team that we consistently give them clear and unambiguous goals to achieve. We do take on board feedback from our team and we have made many positive changes as a result. As you rightly say we don’t have a microwave, but we do have a staff break out room, unlimited free tea and coffee, vending machines and a fridge, so plenty of facilities for our team to use. We believe that NRG has a positive and inclusive culture which is based around team work, and we think that the high retention of our team and their tenure with the business are testament to that.

"Training non existent, no staff development and very high turnover of staff"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at NRG full-time

Pros

Some good people to work with and a lovely city centre location.

Cons

NRG's vision is about growth however they can't even keep their staff never mind grow the business. No change management, the board are greedy for more money and will not invest in their staff, technology or training. NRG's environment is highly toxic unless you want to brown nose management and then you might feel a little more welcome. The board and 'heads of' have severely outdated recruitment and business techniques/knowledge alongside hiring and firing as they please without following best practice. There is constant rumours about certain people being sacked without the individual having a clue what is being said. You will feel incompetent and undervalued working here and should you speak up, you will be victimised and made to feel worse, or managed out of the business.

October 17, 2017People Development Manager

We’re sorry that you’ve been left with this impression of NRG; it’s unusual for us to hear such feedback. Normally our employees speak fondly of their time at NRG and the skills they have gained. We pride ourselves on our employee development, with a high number of employees undertaking formal qualifications and regular support through on the job training. Our employee retention is well above the industry average, and whilst some employees do leave, this is natural for any business.

9. "Excellent Company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at NRG full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is my second time working at NRG and it is a lovely place to work. A wonderful culture and the senior management team are very approachable. I have recommended NRG to a number of friends and family. Recently rejoining the team I quickly felt at home and had a great deal of support during this transition! I thorough am enjoying my new challenge here at NRG.

Cons

No cons - NRG are an excellent employer

July 13, 2017People Development Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experiences of working for NRG. We agree that it is a lovely place to work! We are also very pleased to hear that you feel supported in your work and that you are enjoying your new role with us!

"Nice people, limited opportunity"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at NRG full-time for less than a year

Pros

People in the office were nice, HR lady lovely.

Cons

Limited career progression or funds to advertise for specific markets or post too many adverts which made day to day recruitment tough

April 7, 2017People Development Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experiences while working at NRG, your feedback is very much appreciated. It’s great to know that you think so highly of the individuals that we have working here; we agree that they are a very nice team to work with! We take on board your feedback about your on boarding into the business; this is something that we are focused on improving in 2017. We are also grateful for your feedback about the challenges faced in advertising the roles you were recruiting for, we will look into this. In regards to career progression, this is something that NRG is very passionate about and many of our team have developed their skills and careers with us and have progressed into other roles within the business. However your feedback raises an interesting point and highlights that we may need to improve the way we communicate the opportunities for career development at NRG.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 English Reviews