NTT DATA Director Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

NTT DATA Director Reviews

Updated Aug 3, 2019

Found 11 reviews

4.3

"Got my Mojo back after joining an amazing company"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everybody thinks “how to give the most to our customers”. There is an amazing spirit of collaboration and camaraderie, from upper management, between colleagues, with peers, and team members. No “agendas” between people. A very friendly organisation that really cares for the employees, their careers progression, their well-being, their professional enrichment, their work-life balance. The company also really cares... and takes very seriously the social responsibility as reflected in the charities it supports and how the company encourages employees to take active roles in contributing the many social causes

Cons

This amazing company is one of the “best kept secrets” in UK in some customers / industries, and there is a need for immediate change that and make the company known to all, so customers can benefit and company can continue to attract amazing challenge.

Advice to Management

Maintain the amazingly high level of care to continue to expand and further develop the company footprint, business, workforce and social responsibility in UK

NTT DATA2019-08-03

"Great place to compete with McKinsey in high end digital consulting"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great location, great people, great career path and great projects. I feel I learn a lot from the senior management who have vision and get consulting. Whenever I ask a question to senior management their insight and content is impressive. It's very agile here and you can quicly make an impact.

Cons

Not sure why people have put negative reviews about NTT DATA UK. Yes we do some IT work but I joined for the digital strategy consulting and have not been dissapointed. It really feels like an innovative start up and is a great place for your career.  We have won projects head to head with McKinsey. As the Head of Impact said "if clients want low end cheap stuff they can go to TCS, if they want high end... consulting they come to us".

Advice to Management

Amazing CEO! Keep doing the great work. NTT DATA UK feels and acts like a start up and I hope you can maintain this.

NTT DATA2019-08-01

"An utter bodyshopping and low end IT services firm under the guise of Consulting"

Former Employee - Associate Director in London, England

I worked at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only positive about NTT DATA UK is that the location of its offices in Central London.

Cons

There are quite a few negatives about working for NTT DATA UK as detailed below: 1) Cronyism: The defining characteristic of NTT DATA UK is its rampant cronyism and favoritism. You can choose to become a part of the "inner circle" or clique of influential people that are empowered by the very top management of the organisation. Once you become a crony and be a part of the inner circle, then you can expect... promotions every year despite the level of your (in)competence. Needless to say, when incompetence is promoted, competence moves away. Many of the old timers at this place appear to live in a make-believe bubble where they think they are part of a great team that is changing the business world or doing some brilliant, path-breaking work. The reality of it is something else(as described below). Anyone considering NTT DATA UK must evaluate this aspect as the favoritism at this place can have serious repercussions on your career path. 2) Bodyshopping, not Consulting: NTT DATA UK tries to sell itself as a Consulting firm, however, almost all the projects here are IT Services or pure bodyshopping. This is evident by the fact that most of the lower grade "consultants" would be in IT project management. It was indeed strange to read that the CEO of this firm once spoke in an interview that he had never worked in IT, when the entire business is pure IT Services and body shopping. NTT DATA UK tries hard to leverage the NTT brand and its Japanese roots, along with the achievement of its sister companies, only to fall short in landing any worthwhile consulting projects. Anyone who wants to join this firm must be able to filter out the noise of consulting that will be sold to you, and be prepared to work on IT projects. 3) Lack of competence in management: Owing to the fact that they tend to live in bubble and have only ever worked in IT projects, the middle and upper management possess a level of competence that does not match with the top tier consulting firms of the world. It was a shame to see some really talented youngsters being wasted away on body shopping projects. There is a serious lack of thought leadership because most of the published thought pieces are derivatives of the work from other consulting firms or sister concerns. There is a lack of opportunity to learn from senior management since they can only teach from the limited pool of knowledge or skill that they possess. Anyone considering to join NTT DATA UK must remember that you learn better when you are not the smartest person in the room. 4) Sheer Toxicity: Although there are many social events to attend, there is a dearth of genuine and healthy camaraderie at NTT DATA UK. There is a persistent feeling of being under scrutiny all the time if you do not belong to the inner circle. The firm endeavors to present an exciting brand to the outer world by encouraging and coaxing employees to write glowing reviews on social media, especially Glassdoor and LinkedIn. As someone has written in an earlier review, I would strongly advise to read the positive reviews with a massive pinch of salt.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately, I do not see the management, including the HR, as being capable of taking any advice onboard, and therefore I would refrain from advising anything to the management. I am certain that instead of embarking on an inward journey of introspection, the management would attempt to discredit this review.

NTT DATA2019-08-01

"Love It..."

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work Great Culture Great offices Great clients

Cons

Growing pains Extremely busy Must be able to juggle multiple priorities all the time

Advice to Management

More of the same please

NTT DATA2018-10-31

NTT DATA Response

November 5, 2018Head of Recruitment

Sums us up nicely! Thanks for your review.

"A great place to work."

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Highly Collaborative culture High visibility of the leadership team Been experiencing high growth with ambitions to keep on going Very varied work opportunities Good relationships with the wider family of companies outside of the UK Great new and modern offices

Cons

Have not identified any as yet.

Advice to Management

Need to work hard to keep the collaborative and supportive culture alive as the organisation grows

NTT DATA2019-02-12

"What's it like to work at NTT DATA?"

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Great people and great respect for people. All consultancies say this, but NTT DATA really lives this. And a people business is nothing without great people. 2. Seriously strong growth. In a year the company has changed significantly for the better creating great opportunities 3. Variety 4. Straightforward - it is exactly what it say it is

Cons

Large projects are rare, but they are coming

NTT DATA2019-01-07
  7. "Very engaging recruitment process"

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very positive assessment and joining process. At each stage and each level of meetings I became more and more excited about the prospect of joining this team. This is a bit of a life lesson for me, join the people not the company if you want to enjoy your work, this is something I have achieved at NTTD. This is a very agile, collaborative and forward thinking organisation with a great sense of fun.

Cons

The joys of London commute !!!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the right fit and enabling them to be the best they can by assigning them to work that fits both their skills and aspirations.

NTT DATA2019-01-02
  8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Delivery Director in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Style is to work as a long-term strategic partner, trusted advisor and critical friend. You get to hold strategic, peer-to-peer relationships with senior clients. Highly skilled, professional, experienced and motivated team with deep sector knowledge. An organisation that majors on Diversity, Inclusion and Corporate Social Responsibility. i.e. 30% club; LGBT+; charity day of your choice. Still has a... small/medium size feel to it in the UK (a lot of empowerment), when its actually a global player.

Cons

Brand awareness and inadequate marketing in the past - now changing. Increase the global power and knowledge of the mother-ship - starting. Although we have 30% female leadership, we still need to recruit more women at all grades.

Advice to Management

There has been a positive leadership shift in the last year which is much more inclusive. The new hires and promotes have jelled well. Just keep this up.

NTT DATA2017-11-03
  9. "Fantastic place to work"

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing teamwork and the chance to work with exceptional people. Everyone pulls together to get the job done - whatever the job is. Senior Management really care about their people, and it feels about as far away from a 'body shop' consultancy that you can possibly get.

Cons

Internal admin processes can be clunky and not joined up at times, but this is a reflection of the strong growth and various acquisitions that have taken place. It is recognised and is definitely getting better

NTT DATA2017-09-23
  10. "A great place to build a career"

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great community feel - almost start-up like, but you're in a 110,000 person business. Great people who are knowledgeable, friendly and supportive. Some really interesting R&D stuff around AI, robotics and augmented reality.

Cons

The brand isn't as well known as some of the competition.

NTT DATA2017-08-01

NTT DATA Response

September 18, 2017Head of Recruitment

Thanks for your review. Exciting times ahead!

Found 11 reviews