NTT DATA Senior Consultant Reviews

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

-You are always surrounded by bright and talented colleagues -People are truly friendly and supportive -The company is growing very fast so there are many opportunities to grow and develop new initiatives -There are some very interesting groups and events, like Elevenses, First Fridays and CSR groups that everyone is encouraged to join -Although the company is growing in size, the vast majority of people are very approachable and often go above and beyond to help you

Cons

-As the company grows, communication become hard at times -The company is experiencing growing pains and it feels quite confusing at times -The senior management is mixed, some people are very supportive and willing to listen but some others are very self-involved and unreliable

NTT DATA Response

Head of Recruitment

Thanks for your review. As we grow we will undoubtedly experience issues and problems, but we have some excellent people who all want the success to continue. There will be up s and there will be downs but if we work together we will succeed.

"Opportunities to develop and grow"

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have started my work career with NTT DATA and being here for the past 4 years, I have been given all opportunities to develop myself, take on interesting projects (including internal company development projects), try different roles and make my voice heard.

Cons

NTT DATA should continue to invest in marketing to make NTT DATA a well known brand in UK

"Disappointing. IT services bodyshop"

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

New London office near Old Street is good.

Cons

I joined what I thought was a growing digital technology company who provided innovation and consulting to major telco corporates and insurance companies. I was sold a vision of startup culture, innovation and management consulting. Unfortunately this is far from the case. I was immediatley put on a bodyshop project, my requests for training not approved (only IT services scrum/agile etc. training is approved), and I have not seen a UK project come even close to what would be considered consulting let alone strategy consulting. The company has some fun and cool junior consultants however the senior directors and leadership team have no vision bar low margin bodyshopping strategy and favouring an inner clique of suck-ups. This toxic culture permeates the entire London office. People from Deloitte, PWC etc interview regulary, the good ones immediately spot the hype and don't join.

Continue reading

"Regret joining this body shop"

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

No one knows who NTT DATA is in the UK. Very helpful when you are interviewing to leave as people dont realise how poor the UK company is.

Cons

As others have rightly mentioned this is not a place for management consulting or business consulting let alone 'strategy consulting'. The other review trying to claim we compete (and beat) McKinsey is telling. Half the business consulting commmunity shakes their head in disbelief at the review...the other half believe it whilst sitting in their body shop role looking at change management or some other IT low end technology 'consulting'. The UK business tries to portray itself as a 'start-up' or an 'innovator'...it's all not make believe. The mjaority of the consultants are body shop or doing really basis IT stuff. If this is the work you want to do at least go to Accenture and get a better brand. If you want to become a management consultant do not come here.

Continue reading

"Ignore the hype this is a body shop"

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some great people to spend time with inside and outside of work.

Cons

As other reviews have highlighted the UK business of NTT DATA is really a body shop. There is a big HR and marketing push (tube adverts, website, banners etc.) to make out that the UK business is some cool innovation consulting unit leveraging assets from Japan. This is totally untrue. The place is a body shop with limited opportunities for consulting. It's all IT services, which is great if that's what you join for, but not so great if you come expecting consulting or innovation projects to work on.

Continue reading

"NTT DATA UK is a bodyshop with a toxic management culture"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some nice people, who get disillusioned and leave.

Cons

Whatever reviews you read if you decide to join NTT DATA UK do your research. Ask the right questions (they will lie to you) and stay away if low end IT services or bodyshopping is not for you. Before you even come for an interview consider: - Does NTT DATA UK have genuine practice areas based on shared intellectual property? No. There are squads but this is all fluff, the output of which has not been used to sell into clients in any meaningful way. - Does NTT DATA UK limit its consultants’ billable time for strategic purposes? No. As a bodyshop NTT DATA UK bills as much of its consultants’ time as possible, all the time. (In contrast real consultancy firms continually invests time in improving its collective knowledge and performance.) - Does NTT DATA UK measure success in terms of profitability per engagement? NTT DATA UK's goal is simply to bill as much as possible as time and materials(T&M) so it can “run the clock” as long as it can. (Real consulting firms use their knowledge to deliver high-value fixed-price engagements.) - Does NTT DATA UK leverage new skills to build higher-level relationships? In true bodyshop style NTT DATA UK simply adds new skills to its list of “things we do.” (Real consultancy firms analyses and leverage new skills into higher-level client relationships.)

"Bodyshop heaven"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Apart from the London office location the real pro for working here is that you can shine very easily given the quality of people, especially middle-senior management. A good place to come if you need a job quickly and then leave.

Cons

NTT DATA UK is not a place I would recommend. They are stuck between trying to external sell high value consulting but in reality just sell low end IT stuff and bodyshopping. When i was there it was clear there was a level of delusion (spot the reviews comparing NTT DATA UK to McKinsey). The reality is a very low end bodyshopping IT company where the majority >90% of projects are on T&M - the classic sign on no value add bodyshopping IT work.

Continue reading
  8. "Opportunities to develop in a quickly expanding organisation"

4.0

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great mix of young people bringing ideas and experienced consultants to learn from Focused on building a strong community for employees to network and develop The business is growing quickly and adapting to the demands of the market There is the support and investment of a global company but they still retain the approachable feel of a smaller company in the UK

Cons

Brand recognition in the UK is not as big as it should be for a company this size Some issues related to the pace of expansion, for example, resourcing onto projects can be muddled and slow The promotion process / path to promotion for new joiners is a bit unclear

Continue reading
  9. "Friendly and collaborative work environment"

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are encouraged to share ideas and contribute on projects. It is very easy to get support if needed.

Cons

The on boarding process is not quite there yet as there are some areas that are unclear. However from a laptop/phone perspective everything was setup and ready on my first day

NTT DATA Response

Head of Recruitment

You started just before our on-boarding portal went live! We now have a fully online joining process, not a shred of paper in sight!

10. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent Working Environment, great place for learning

Cons

Bit of uncertainty in projects

Found 262 reviews