NTT DATA Senior Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

NTT DATA Senior Consultant Reviews

Updated 12 Sep 2019

Found 6 reviews

1.7

"Opportunities to develop and grow"

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have started my work career with NTT DATA and being here for the past 4 years, I have been given all opportunities to develop myself, take on interesting projects (including internal company development projects), try different roles and make my voice heard.

Cons

NTT DATA should continue to invest in marketing to make NTT DATA a well known brand in UK

NTT DATA2018-06-19

"Ignore the hype this is a body shop"

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some great people to spend time with inside and outside of work.

Cons

As other reviews have highlighted the UK business of NTT DATA is really a body shop. There is a big HR and marketing push (tube adverts, website, banners etc.) to make out that the UK business is some cool innovation consulting unit leveraging assets from Japan. This is totally untrue. The place is a body shop with limited opportunities for consulting. It's all IT services, which is great if that's what you join for..., but not so great if you come expecting consulting or innovation projects to work on.

Advice to Management

In my previous consulting firm the senior leaders had three key attributes: Thought leaders/sector content, humble, and genuine relationships with c-suite at clients. It is unfortunate that the UK ledership team have none of this, hence the body shop. mentality.

NTT DATA2019-08-27

"NTT DATA UK is a bodyshop with a toxic management culture"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some nice people, who get disillusioned and leave.

Cons

Whatever reviews you read if you decide to join NTT DATA UK do your research. Ask the right questions (they will lie to you) and stay away if low end IT services or bodyshopping is not for you. Before you even come for an interview consider: - Does NTT DATA UK have genuine practice areas based on shared intellectual property? No. There are squads but this is all fluff, the output of which has not been used to sell... into clients in any meaningful way. - Does NTT DATA UK limit its consultants’ billable time for strategic purposes? No. As a bodyshop NTT DATA UK bills as much of its consultants’ time as possible, all the time. (In contrast real consultancy firms continually invests time in improving its collective knowledge and performance.) - Does NTT DATA UK measure success in terms of profitability per engagement? NTT DATA UK's goal is simply to bill as much as possible as time and materials(T&M) so it can “run the clock” as long as it can. (Real consulting firms use their knowledge to deliver high-value fixed-price engagements.) - Does NTT DATA UK leverage new skills to build higher-level relationships? In true bodyshop style NTT DATA UK simply adds new skills to its list of “things we do.” (Real consultancy firms analyses and leverage new skills into higher-level client relationships.)

Advice to Management

Management is weak and an echo chamber off the CEO cult. UK management lacks the intelligence and ability to run anything other than a body shop. Even the clients think NTT DATA UK is a just there to fill seats when needed. An entire cultural overhaul is needed, focusing on content and client relationships.

NTT DATA2019-08-18

"Bodyshop heaven"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Apart from the London office location the real pro for working here is that you can shine very easily given the quality of people, especially middle-senior management. A good place to come if you need a job quickly and then leave.

Cons

NTT DATA UK is not a place I would recommend. They are stuck between trying to external sell high value consulting but in reality just sell low end IT stuff and bodyshopping. When i was there it was clear there was a level of delusion (spot the reviews comparing NTT DATA UK to McKinsey). The reality is a very low end bodyshopping IT company where the majority >90% of projects are on T&M - the classic sign on... no value add bodyshopping IT work.

Advice to Management

Be honest about who you are and stop selling consulting dreams to consultants and then putting them on bodyshopping projects. The rot starts at the top, the UK CEO actually tried to claim in an article titled "IT LIFE: Simon Williams, NTT Data" that he has never worked in IT (LOL).

NTT DATA2019-08-10
  5. "Opportunities to develop in a quickly expanding organisation"

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great mix of young people bringing ideas and experienced consultants to learn from Focused on building a strong community for employees to network and develop The business is growing quickly and adapting to the demands of the market There is the support and investment of a global company but they still retain the approachable feel of a smaller company in the UK

Cons

Brand recognition in the UK is not as big as it should be for a company this size Some issues related to the pace of expansion, for example, resourcing onto projects can be muddled and slow The promotion process / path to promotion for new joiners is a bit unclear

Advice to Management

Work hard to keep the approachable attitude and community feel that makes the company so great to work for as we continue to expand

NTT DATA2019-01-03
  6. "Friendly and collaborative work environment"

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are encouraged to share ideas and contribute on projects. It is very easy to get support if needed.

Cons

The on boarding process is not quite there yet as there are some areas that are unclear. However from a laptop/phone perspective everything was setup and ready on my first day

NTT DATA2016-05-18

NTT DATA Response

December 15, 2016Head of Recruitment

You started just before our on-boarding portal went live! We now have a fully online joining process, not a shred of paper in sight!

7. "Great Growth Potential"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at NTT DATA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great teams and good benefits. Management pushes continuous learning opportunities.

Cons

Most positions are contract dependent and also require security clearance.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

NTT DATA2019-09-12

"Got out right after NTT acquisition of CG"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

CG had a very nice boutique consulting culture

Cons

NTT Data is a multi-national conglomerate headquartered out of Japan

NTT DATA2019-08-27
  9. "Average organization"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore

I worked at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work Flexibilty, Good location of office

Cons

Less hikes, less possibility of moving to new project

NTT DATA2019-07-31

"Good Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Hyderābād

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Environment, Good work culture

Cons

Your work mostly depends on your project

NTT DATA2019-07-19