NTT DATA Senior Principal Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

NTT DATA Senior Principal Consultant Reviews

Updated 18 Aug 2019

Found 1 review

1.0

"NTT DATA UK is a bodyshop with a toxic management culture"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some nice people, who get disillusioned and leave.

Cons

Whatever reviews you read if you decide to join NTT DATA UK do your research. Ask the right questions (they will lie to you) and stay away if low end IT services or bodyshopping is not for you. Before you even come for an interview consider: - Does NTT DATA UK have genuine practice areas based on shared intellectual property? No. There are squads but this is all fluff, the output of which has not been used to sell... into clients in any meaningful way. - Does NTT DATA UK limit its consultants’ billable time for strategic purposes? No. As a bodyshop NTT DATA UK bills as much of its consultants’ time as possible, all the time. (In contrast real consultancy firms continually invests time in improving its collective knowledge and performance.) - Does NTT DATA UK measure success in terms of profitability per engagement? NTT DATA UK's goal is simply to bill as much as possible as time and materials(T&M) so it can “run the clock” as long as it can. (Real consulting firms use their knowledge to deliver high-value fixed-price engagements.) - Does NTT DATA UK leverage new skills to build higher-level relationships? In true bodyshop style NTT DATA UK simply adds new skills to its list of “things we do.” (Real consultancy firms analyses and leverage new skills into higher-level client relationships.)

Advice to Management

Management is weak and an echo chamber off the CEO cult. UK management lacks the intelligence and ability to run anything other than a body shop. Even the clients think NTT DATA UK is a just there to fill seats when needed. An entire cultural overhaul is needed, focusing on content and client relationships.

NTT DATA2019-08-18
  2. "Must join for SAP people"

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Hyderābād

I worked at NTT DATA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you are in SAP specially technical side then you should join this organisation once in your career for short term if not long term. They have good number of projects across globe. No company pays 10 pc hike every year so they too. Politics is everywhere and they are not exception. You can roam in different projects learning new technologies but you have to be little aggressive. Middle management is not so strong... and they always hunt for people who can work for them so its actually good for you if you want more exposure in your technologies. They have offices in so many location across India but hyd dominance is there so join in hyd if possible.

Cons

Its a group of so many companies and every one wants to keep their policies alive even after merger. You may find so many managers, associate directors who actually does not worth much. Middle management is poor and immature so you may fall into wrong net. It has Japanese roots so you will not find US culture here. Even if you have done so well they will treat you as usual.

Advice to Management

Reduce number of managers, senior managers or even associate directors. At the same cost you can get more number of PC and SPC who would actually work. Keep going.

NTT DATA2018-11-18
  3. "Not at all recommended for young IT engineers"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Bangalore

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Onsite Opportunity especial for goldman sachs client

Cons

negligible hike ,reducing every benefit which previously there as cost cutting measure

NTT DATA2018-09-13
  4. "Good Employer"

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Houston, AK

I worked at NTT DATA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good projects, team mates, managers

Cons

No long term projects here

NTT DATA2018-08-24
  5. "Directionless company"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Option of work from home.

Cons

Pay is not good. No hikes or bonuses. Management only cares about billing and do not care about employees

Advice to Management

Company seems to be directionless , every week there is a policy change. No one knows the correct policies in place in the company.

NTT DATA2018-07-02

"Start caring about your employees"

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at NTT DATA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My manager was the best part of my job. He looked out for me and fought to get me bonuses and a better salary. Unfortunately he was also way over worked. I also learned a lot during my time there (although the majority was self taught).

Cons

The pay is a joke. Especially if you work in one of the areas deemed to be a lower cost of living. I was a senior principle consultant and was in an area where (according to ntt glassdoor) I should have been paid at least 30k more. I consistently received high scores in my reviews along with bonuses. However the salary was almost a slap in the face. You are told that paid training is provided (I believe it was 5k... per year for courses) but you need to take your own vacation time to take the training. There is no motivation for employees to better themselves. This is the only company I have worked at where I truly felt like nothing more than a number. Its unfortunate that people are treated this way. I was recruited for an external position and ended up getting over 45k more per year than what I was making at ntt.

Advice to Management

You are losing good people. Start caring about your employees. You will get so much more out of them if you do. Stop paying team leads 40k a year (in certain places). Start treating people the way you would want to be treated or how you would want your own children to be treated. Have a conscience.

NTT DATA2018-04-27
  7. "Senior Principal Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Continuously growing and provides a unique opportunity to grow with the company - Good benefits

Cons

- Not many cons working for NTT DATA. It is a growing company with ample potential to standardize and stabilize.

Advice to Management

Although it is great to grow at this pace inorganically. Need to take some time to stabilize to reap the benefits of these synergistic alliances.

NTT DATA2018-01-29

"Needs more transparency"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Parent company is NTT Japan and has a conglomerate of businesses.

Cons

Lacks transparency, most resource movement and project changes happens without it being shared between the team.

Advice to Management

Value each and every resource and spend time and effort in building their career.

NTT DATA2018-01-18

"Great company to work for if you want less pay and more time with family"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Bangalore

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work life balance is good. Will get more time if want to spend time with family

Cons

Crap hike process, performance review has no connection to the hike. During all focal cycle management looks for reason to deny hike. Poor bonus scheme as they say it's tied with performance but depends on your line manager wish. It's up to his crap wish

Advice to Management

All who sitting in critical roles are immature and dumb guys sitting in same company for more than 15 years. None of them have ability to run an compensation. They neither has any dream and wish. They just came for monthly salary and benefits. No plan for people who work for them. Best advice is to kick out all weeds.

NTT DATA2017-12-10

"Solid company, minimal amounts of Mickey Mouse"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Plano, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

NTT DATA keeps the happy-clappy stuff to an absolute minimum. There's very little in terms of company-required stuff that keeps me from focusing 100% on the client. I've been in consulting for years and this is a refreshing rarity.

Cons

The downside of not much Mickey Mouse is that it can be difficult to get attention from the company when you need it. Little things like timesheet problems are a little harder to resolve than they probably should be.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people, and continue to let them do the job for the client!

NTT DATA2017-10-30