NTT DATA Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 11 Sep 2020

3.4
Pros
Cons
  • "Low salary no hikes only work no other goals(in 130 reviews)

• "Salary hike is very less or negligible(in 97 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A great company to shape your own career, continuous learning opportunities"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Breadth of work within Impact Consulting. The opportunity to continuously learn through a range of weekly webinars, learning and development sessions, we are also exposed to first hand industry leading research. The organisation has taken excellent care of employees during the current lock-down in the UK (still running appraisals and promotions). The people within Impact Consulting, who are team players, intelligent and motivated. I take pride in the cutting edge projects we work on particularly those that can make a difference in the healthcare sector and the public sector.

Cons

Consulting hours sometimes. However, I believe these can be much worse in other organisations and many people within the organisation really promote work life balance.

Continue reading

"love hiring incompetent people esp on the managerial level"

1.0
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in London, England

I worked at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

-generally decent work/life balance -friendly colleagues (not senior management)

Cons

-hire and promote incompetent, unqualified yet well connected people -incompetent (but well connected) managers are never around to support the team nor provide guidance -lots of grand talks and promises but never deliver -toxic blame culture -senior management does not listen / care very little about the people working on the ground -low pay

Continue reading

3. "NTT DATA Birmingham business park"

Current Employee - Cloud Architect in Birmingham, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a great place to work. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. Flexible working and work life balance,. You are praised for your hard work and contribution towards the organisation and have a lot of opportunities. Management team is very encouraging and supportive.

Cons

Sometimes parking space can run out but management has made arrangements for alternate parking spaces.

4. "Design at NTT DATA"

Former Employee - Visual Designer in London, England

I worked at NTT DATA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- I grew so much in the four years I was within the company and cannot thank them enough (especially prior to the merger, where the design section were 'RMA Consulting'). - Always felt valued and cared for - There are some great people within the company, through from junior to management - Great work life balance with ability to WFH

Cons

- The range of clients and exciting projects at times became quite slim, but I do hope this changes in the future as NTT has some great people whom are very capable! - The merger from RMA Consulting to NTT DATA obviously brought some changes and the 'agency' feel was lost in some ways. I do feel this can come back if the right people are listened to though! - There will likely be no more Disney music now I've left the office..

5. "Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Associate Director in Birmingham, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Business is investing in the UK and growing year on year. Flexible working. Focus on healthy work/life balance. Good salary and benefits package. Opportunity to shape role and team.

Cons

As a growing business, some areas still need to mature.

"Good Company with good people."

Current Employee - Anonymous in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Extensive business growth over the last few years, with some key people now in place who are making a significant difference Friendly, inclusive environment and atmosphere Excellent work / life balance with good working flexibility Remuneration and benefits are decent and are improving Increasing client portfolio

Cons

Still not a big player in the market Business systems are improving, but slowly Referred to internally as a people business, could do more to look after the people and not just by tweaking the odd benefit here and there

Continue reading

"Got my Mojo back after joining an amazing company"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everybody thinks “how to give the most to our customers”. There is an amazing spirit of collaboration and camaraderie, from upper management, between colleagues, with peers, and team members. No “agendas” between people. A very friendly organisation that really cares for the employees, their careers progression, their well-being, their professional enrichment, their work-life balance. The company also really cares and takes very seriously the social responsibility as reflected in the charities it supports and how the company encourages employees to take active roles in contributing the many social causes

Cons

This amazing company is one of the “best kept secrets” in UK in some customers / industries, and there is a need for immediate change that and make the company known to all, so customers can benefit and company can continue to attract amazing challenge.

Continue reading

"No consulting, just bodyshopping."

2.0
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Business consulting community are great people (not the leadership). - Good work life balance (would be the case for body shopping)

Cons

- There is no consulting to be found here, just bodyshopping, might as well go and work for the clients. - Nothing strategic. - They sell you dreams in the role description, probably find yourself on the bench anyway. - Take positive reviews with a pinch of salt.

NTT DATA Response

Head of Consulting

Thank you for taking time to post this review. We pride ourselves on having an open and honest culture where all feedback we receive is taken seriously so that we can continue to make NTT DATA a great place to work. The whole environment that we aim to create is one that fosters, transparency and a lack of hierarchy. In order to support that we create many opportunities during our social activities and within our offices in Shoreditch, The City and Birmingham to speak up and have a direct contact with diverse peers, colleagues and leaders such as our weekly Elevenses, First Friday and monthly social events. Sometimes we ask our staff to do “client side” roles so that we can break into accounts and “land-and-expand”. As we are in growth mode we probably have more of these roles than we would normally. In order to lessen the impact of this on our permanent staff we employ a large number of contractors so that we can put them into the “bodyshop” roles leaving our staff to work on projects. Our People Manager structure exists to support our staff through the staffing process, when out on client site and through the whole of our careers at NTT DATA. This is the frontline for dealing with issues that impact how we feel about our company and the work that we do. They have a direct escalation route for dealing with concerns to either UK leadership or HR.

"Facilities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Inclusive, loads of initiatives to support staff well being, great work life balance

Cons

In some areas it lacks structure and set processes which can be positive to some extent

10. "A rapidly growing business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time

Pros

Continuously aims to surpass client expectations. Thorough knowledge of client industries & emerging trends. Tangible commitment to innovation efforts. Driven to grow the bottom line & employee base. Actively encourages diversity, inclusion, learning & development.

Cons

Experiencing growing pains from expanding the workforce very quickly. Commitment to achieving greatness can lead to an unfavourable work-life-balance. Senior leadership does not accurately reflect the diversity of the workforce.

Found 336 reviews