NVIDIA Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

1,204 Ratings

1,554 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • If you want to do challenging work then work life balance can be bad (in 176 reviews)

• Pathetic intern events, no space to sit, no work life balance (in 21 reviews)

"Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

NVIDIA is a leader; the company sets high standards, is highly innovative and driven. The level of expertise and commitment throughout all the staff that work at NVIDIA means the company achieves time and time again, and punches above it's weight, considering it's size relative to very large competitors.

Cons

There really isn't anything to complain about with the company executing in very ambitious technologies and leading the development of capabilities like AI / Deep Learning and Autonomous Driving.

Advice to Management

Some teams are light on staffing. We need to keep hiring to our normal high standard, but quickly, as the opportunities are significant.

2. "Great Things"

I worked at NVIDIA part-time

Pros

A lot of great things going on, in fact opportunity is probably the best thing there.

Cons

Quite hard to get on with things, too much going on.

"Big name, small balls"

Pros

Big name in your CV
    If you're good with your EQ, you'll learn a lot about who you don't want to be like and how not to lead. It was great for learning that big industry names are just big names and have nothing else to be proud of

Cons

No work-life balance. Employees health is not a priority, when it fails because they worked you like a donkey, they will be very happy to dispose you like a nappy with 'lovely' legal jargon of 'health dismissal'.

Inequality of opportunities, cleverly concealed sexism.
    Showoff-ism to high degree, praise to materialism
    Budget availability for staffing and outsourcing unavailable for years to my manager and my team. I learn that it was available in the end, just not for us when we were in our positions, the supporting money was happily given to the next set of people. This makes you feel like you're being lied to all the time. I wish they had guts to tell me in my face why it wasn't available for me, my and my managers team.

No inspiring leadership
    Uninspiring work ethic
    Overblown egos of many employees and management not being able to admit their mistakes. Looking for people to blame as oppose to manning up and owning it. The culture of blame supports dishonesty and invokes fear in some individuals. When people are scared they do stupid things which often lead to negative domino effect which doesn't' benefit the team and company overall.

Advice to Management

Work on being inspiring - this is done by setting example, listening, caring for people, sharing and building leaders/ empowering.
    Work on you ego
    Work on your communication skills, be more cooperative, less ME ME ME
    Have guts to admit your mistakes. People really do respect that. They don't respect ignorance. Ignorance is a short lived technique.
    Listen more, do more, talk less

5. "Best job ever!"

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time

Pros

The right environment is created to aid in helping one complete their lifes work. A community of like minded - world class experts, coming together to solve the problems of tomorrow. There's a degree of flexibility as to what your working on, and the opportunity to create your own work from innovative ideas and projects.

Cons

If anything, I'd say work/life balance can be a bit tricky when deadlines are tough, but what job doesn't have that?

Advice to Management

Continue creating the right environment for new projects and ideas to thrive - keep the community/small-company feeling to the whole thing.

6. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cambridge, East of England, England

I worked at NVIDIA (More than 8 years)

Pros

People: Cambridge full of very professional, very skilled, very knowledgeable engineers with may years of invaluable experience.

Cons

Culture: American culture crept in as NVIDIA had bought the company which employed me. Valued immediate results rather than potential in a niche market.

Advice to Management

Local senior management had many years of experience and knew the industry and should have been listened to more.

7. "Test engineer"

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time

Pros

Good Salary compared to market rates

Cons

Poor bonus compared to market rates

8. "no matters what - always rising high"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at NVIDIA (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible strategy with good ability to reuse some skills to lead new marke, good and transparent communication between teams and colleagues, supportive management and with some flexibility allowing to work from home time by time, if feasible.
    Frequent internal communication from the CEO about strategy and successes helping to create a unique team strategy.
    Annual focal review with the possibility to rediscuss goals.
    Respect and support during big not lucky team resize

Cons

no more cons than other international companies, both in terms of focus on HQ (more benefits and support) and some possible miscommunication , even if there are some learning activities to support the integration with foreign teams.

Moreover I guess that mis-communications or issues should be considered more a person issue than a company fault

Advice to Management

Team-building f2f events with remote team cooperating on the same project, at least(personal relationships can help daily activities, circulation of knowledge and ideas)

9. "An excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

NVIDIA is a company always looking to change and improve, which is a great thing.

The work ethic is second to none, and nowhere else i've ever worked do you come into contact with so many world class colleagues.

Working from home or one of many offices around the world, NVIDIA breeds a success culture, but also has an internal openness that is unlike anywhere else that I know of.

Access to senior management is almost taken for granted and its not uncommon to get an email direct from the CEO to you.

Cons

Not so much of a con but advice.
    You need to massively over communicate as your work colleague will likely be somewhere else in the world. You cannot assume somebody else knows what you're doing.
    Work life balance can be a bit grueling at times.

Advice to Management

Don't lose the startup mentality on new projects. Continue to allow staff to take the initiative and own something that can be critical path.

10. "Great for Engineering, Dynamic Projects"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Number of opportunities and encouragement to interact with other groups
    Very few limits on personal growth; not a lot of emphasis on reviews and more on successful interaction and achievement of goals throughout the year.
    Flat hierarchy makes your reach feel further than other organisations.

Cons

Work hours can be high, but are not required.
    Sometimes directives can be muddled or driven by marketing rather than what's best for the consumer.

Advice to Management

A stronger, centralised set of policies might align group efforts more effectively. e.g. "We want the most energy efficient GPU for mobile phones and automotive; here are the single biggest goals for these 6 business units".

11. "You had me at Hello :)"

Current Employee - Deep Learning Solutions Architect & Community Manager | EMEA in Leeds, England

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sheer flexibility, home-based or office-based, wherever you work best. Work with over 9,000 of the most intelligent people all over the world, and the most helpful. Loads of travel. Meet many different people from many different domains. Collaborate with everyone.

Cons

After 9 months I can't think of 1. Really. You need to be dedicated to the job or you won't keep up with the sheer pace of technology, especially AI, but if you enjoy tech this is where you need to be.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. Keep sharing.

Showing 1,554 of 1,738 reviews