NVIDIA Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 11 May 2020

4.5
NVIDIA Founder, President, and CEO Jen-Hsun Huang
Jen-Hsun Huang
1,982 Ratings
Pros
  • "You will help define/drive the cutting edge technology and be surrounded by smart, dedicated people(in 190 reviews)

• "Futuristic technology, best work culture(in 161 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Best job ever!"

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time

Pros

The right environment is created to aid in helping one complete their lifes work. A community of like minded - world class experts, coming together to solve the problems of tomorrow. There's a degree of flexibility as to what your working on, and the opportunity to create your own work from innovative ideas and projects.

Cons

If anything, I'd say work/life balance can be a bit tricky when deadlines are tough, but what job doesn't have that?

NVIDIA2017-01-10

"Big name, small balls"

2.0

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at NVIDIA

Pros

Big name in your CV If you're good with your EQ, you'll learn a lot about who you don't want to be like and how not to lead. It was great for learning that big industry names are just big names and have nothing else to be proud of

Cons

No work-life balance. Employees health is not a priority, when it fails because they worked you like a donkey, they will be very happy to dispose you like a nappy with 'lovely' legal jargon of 'health dismissal'. Inequality of opportunities, cleverly concealed sexism. Showoff-ism to high degree, praise to materialism Budget availability for staffing and outsourcing unavailable for years to my manager and my team. I learn that it was available in the end, just not for us when we were in our positions, the supporting money was happily given to the next set of people. This makes you feel like you're being lied to all the time. I wish they had guts to tell me in my face why it wasn't available for me, my and my managers team. No inspiring leadership Uninspiring work ethic Overblown egos of many employees and management not being able to admit their mistakes. Looking for people to blame as oppose to manning up and owning it. The culture of blame supports dishonesty and invokes fear in some individuals. When people are scared they do stupid things which often lead to negative domino effect which doesn't' benefit the team and company overall.

NVIDIA2017-03-10
  3. "An excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

NVIDIA is a company always looking to change and improve, which is a great thing. The work ethic is second to none, and nowhere else i've ever worked do you come into contact with so many world class colleagues. Working from home or one of many offices around the world, NVIDIA breeds a success culture, but also has an internal openness that is unlike anywhere else that I know of. Access to senior management is almost taken for granted and its not uncommon to get an email direct from the CEO to you.

Cons

Not so much of a con but advice. You need to massively over communicate as your work colleague will likely be somewhere else in the world. You cannot assume somebody else knows what you're doing. Work life balance can be a bit grueling at times.

NVIDIA2016-03-03
  4. "Good employer"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time

Pros

There was lots of interesting work. A great building in an easy to reach location. Experienced team that are happy to help.

Cons

Sometimes work life balance can feel tipping to the work side a little too often but there is the option of flexible working.

NVIDIA2015-06-29

"Great Company That Enables Innovation"

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Representative in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Coolest Tech, Philanthropic, Challenging and Rewarding Work, Never Boring, Great Benefits

Cons

Not for Everyone, Work-Life Balance

NVIDIA2020-05-10
  6. "Program Manager"

Current Contractor - Human Resources Program Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA for less than a year

Pros

Very positive and supportive working environment. You will hear a lot from CEO directly and he is a true leader that cares about his employees and their families.

Cons

Work-life balance depending on your team. Not much con overall.

NVIDIA2020-05-11
  7. "Great place to work at"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Software Engineer

I worked at NVIDIA full-time

Pros

Great company culture and values. Always working on the best in market technologies and products. Good work life balance.

Cons

No cons really

NVIDIA2020-04-21
  8. "Incredible company, incredible people"

Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing people, challenging work, great pay/benefits, good work-life balance, remote work flexible (even before Covid), feels like we're changing the world for the better.

Cons

Everyone is so smart, sometimes it's hard to keep up (I always feel like the dumbest person in the room). Sometimes stressful because we have a combination of big ambition and high expectations.

NVIDIA2020-04-22
  9. "Architecture Tools"

Current Intern - Architecture Tools in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA

Pros

Work/Life balance was valued for me. You will work on a challenging project. You will meet an amazing community.

Cons

If relocating, please be careful with your living arrangements. It could impact your health down the line. NVIDIA has some services you should use as well if you are having issues.

NVIDIA2020-04-13
  10. "A great place to work and grow"

Former Intern - Internship in Bangalore

I worked at NVIDIA

Pros

Great work life balance Good exposure to projects Flexible working hours Good pay

Cons

Location tranfers are tough to take place

NVIDIA2020-03-04