Naked Wines Reviews

4.5
Naked Wines President and CEO Nick Devlin
Nick Devlin
Pros
Cons
  • "The pay at Naked Wines for a Sales 'Wine Advisor' is rather poor, followed by an awful commission structure that no one understands (even the managers)(in 3 reviews)

• "The ethos is just a marketing trick to make customers feel better(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great employer!"

Former Employee - CHT in Norwich, England

I worked at Naked Wines full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great ethos and great advantages

Cons

Customer service from home can be very challenging

2. "Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Delivery Operations in Norwich, England

I have been working at Naked Wines full-time

Pros

All employees are valued and respected to the highest degree, and the staff body is made up of such great people.

Cons

No cons after working at Naked Wines for 4 months.

3. "Great Culture!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Happiness Advisor in Norwich, England

I have been working at Naked Wines full-time for less than a year

Pros

Naked Wines go above and beyond to try and integrate you into the business, within your set team but also with a buddy and team leader. You are constantly given feedback and opportunities to improve which you can discuss in your 1-2-1 meetings with your team leader. Very supportive team environment. Great perks - free food and wine!

Cons

Customer service role can be quite repetitive and boring

"Delicious Wine and Fabulous People - What Is Not to Love?"

Former Employee - Customer Happiness Agent in Norwich, England

I worked at Naked Wines full-time for less than a year

Pros

Naked is really a wonderful place to work, but I'll list some of my absolute favourite aspects to the company: - Really lovely teams and leaders! - Very open and transparent communication from the senior management team with all departments. -All management is accessible: Anyone can get in touch with anyone. - A casual working environment: There is no pressure to be formal, and everyone is happy for a chat. Especially if you come armed with hot beverages! - Extremely supportive personal development programmes and training: There is always someone ready to jump in and help you out. Plus, the company offers fantastic development programmes to permanent staff. - Wine tastings and education. And of course... there is always some tasty wine kicking about!

Cons

The feedback system can feel unfair when you have one poor rating which drops your overall rating quite low, as it is so tricky to try and recover the month afterwards.

5. "Great company, great people"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Norwich, England

I worked at Naked Wines full-time

Pros

Everyone at the company is really friendly and you can't help but become passionate about the wine being sold. From day 1 I was welcomed into the company and became as enthusiastic as everyone else. The training was great and it is hard to fault my experience there.

Cons

The only con is that the work can be slightly repetitive, but the company gives the choice of expanding the role into other avenues which varies up the work and solves this issue.

6. "great company"

Former Employee - Customer Happiness Advisor in Norwich, England

I worked at Naked Wines part-time for less than a year

Pros

kind and fun team, great training, interesting work, pushed to work well and efficiently.

Cons

not that i can think of - its a fab place! You are working from home for the time being so do take that into consideration whether thats for you or not!

Continue reading

"Great company who really look after their staff"

Former Employee - Marketing Executive in Norwich, England

I worked at Naked Wines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They treat staff as individuals, they'll find your strengths and help focus your role towards them as best they can. If you enjoy wine, then some of the wine-based benefits will be obvious. Training was also strongly encouraged, I went from just about knowing the difference between red and the other one, to passing my WSET 2 wine qualification - all paid for by the company. There were opportunities to work in different areas of the business, to travel the country for tasting events, and regular social events that are miles ahead of anything I've experienced before or after.

Cons

Norwich is a little out of the way, though that can be a plus for some people. Christmas is very, very busy, but the hard work is worth it.

"Good working conditions but underpaid"

Former Employee - Wine Advisor (Sales) in Norwich, England

I worked at Naked Wines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lovely office, free wine, incentives to learn and possibilities for progress.

Cons

Its easy to be distracted by the shiny things they offer which are all well and good but this role pays less than it should, the same job in one of its foreign offices in USA or Australia pay far more when the salary is converted to GBP.

Continue reading
  9. "A special place to work"

Current Employee - Growth Director in London, England

I have been working at Naked Wines full-time

Pros

I've been lucky enough to work across a range of companies, big and small, and can honestly say Naked is one of the good ones. Packed full of genuinely good people who care about their job and and 'cause' we all work for.

Cons

Naked's start up mentality can mean the pace is pretty intense at times - so be aware it's a place where people go above and beyond and everyone rolls their sleeves up and mucks in.

10. COVID-19

"Keeping it real"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Happiness Advisor in Norwich, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Naked Wines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good education from the in house wine team - Some great talented people - Cycle to work scheme

Cons

- No real HR department - The company preach about values when on multiple occasions they have failed to stick by those when it comes to supporting their staff and customers eg. Partnering with the spectator who have been racist, homophobic and staff and customers and even winemakers are of various race, beliefs and sexual identities. - Even if you’re performing at your highest and overachieve, you still get reprimanded on small things that are nonsense - Some managers use their power to their advantage when it comes to team members and forgets the rest of their team members - Preach about caring about mental health but don’t really care - Even when you work hard to progress, they don’t reward you for it but use you when they need the help. - The main manager for my dept who is meant to lead by example slated the CEO on multiple occasions and then would act as ‘ do as I say not as I do ‘ - Feedback and the way they get rid of staff is disgusting, probably able to get away with this because of lack of a HR dept. - Some people I’ve seen have really deserved opportunities and I’ve seen this be ignored. - no flexible working like they mention on the website, expect now we are in a pandemic they have no choice but to put trust in everyone and not just the favourites they choose. - TL’s should act as those instead of questionable behaviour at parties taking advantage of the power they hold over people because of their position - Awful communication on changes but still expected to cut the mustard but face trouble if you don’t.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 English Reviews