Nando's UK Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nando's UK Manager Reviews

Found 35 reviews

4.2
  1. Featured Review

"1 assistant manager in Nando’s"

Current Employee - First Assistant Manager in London, England

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great salary , great people , great training . I have been in management for about 7 years worked for different companies and Nando’s is the only one which so far has lived on their values of family pride courage integrity ! I just joined the company last December ... And I must admit I could not be happier ! I learnt a lot already and more to come . Can’t wait to go to my first trip abroad with other manager from my...

Cons

Maybe some late night finishing . But if the rota is built properly is not even a big deal !

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing guys !

Nando's UK2019-04-05

April 8, 2019Nando's UK

Many thanks for your review :-) we'll keep doing what we're doing, don't you worry!

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Valued and trusted to do a great job

Cons

Working weekends and late at night

Nando's UK2019-04-04

April 4, 2019Nando's UK

Morning, thanks for your comments - really good to hear you're generally enjoying your time in Nando's. regarding your less positive comments, we would suggest speaking to your Patrao to see if they can help support you in that area at all, if it is required.

3. "Used to be about the values...."

Former Employee - Manager in London, England

I worked at Nando's UK full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Pay is on par with industry and bonus is achievable. Food and Drinks, Parties, trips for all levels, which has changed from just mgt Good training right from the beginning and you can progress very quickly if you have the right determination. People focussed at the Nandoca level, not so much Asst Mgrs.

Cons

Work life balance for Nandocas Move the goalposts sometimes As it has got bigger it is more around control rather than the entrepreneurial spirit from a number of years back. Micromanaged at times. No consistency between RD regions, can do some things in one region and not in others. Job is getting more and more complex for Nandocas and Mgt. Started out with limited menu paying minimum wage, now the grillers have...

Advice to Management

Always remember where you came from. Stop being afraid of sticking to what you are good at.

Nando's UK2019-03-08

March 13, 2019Nando's UK

Hey, thanks for your review. We'd be happy to look into your feedback further, if you drop an email with more detail to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk.

4. "Leading restaurant chain"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in London, England

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great place to work if you are seeking a work place that provides a lot of development courses or workshops. Pays fairly 2 days off per week Sabbatical leave (paid) every 5 years of service 28 days holiday not including your 2 days off

Cons

Dealing with very difficult customers

Nando's UK2019-03-05
  5. "1st Assistant"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in London, England

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-Free meal on shift -Company ‘seems’ to care about your wellbeing -Salary -Wage % budget doesn’t include salaries -Paid trips abroad for regional assistants to bond -Christmas and summer parties paid for with drinks -Store day outs together all paid for to bond with team and managers

Cons

-Long hours -Rare to have 2 days off together when fulltime -Patrao (General Manager) never does PM shift and your rota has to fit around their set rota -Wage % seems great until you have to save hours to pay for staff to clean after the shift -They don’t employ cleaners, staff are expected to stay sometimes until 2am to finish, sometimes meaning you have completed a 12-14 hour day -Customer Care team will give away vouchers...

Advice to Management

Listen to assistant managers more and make it anonymous so they don’t get treated differently. Work life balance to be better. Days off together. Pay people of the same level more fairly as some vary massively for same job title and role.

Nando's UK2019-02-14

February 20, 2019Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your review. There are some points in there which we'll be more than happy to look into further and get back to you about, if you can drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk.

6. "The most corporate of restaurant chains, masquerading as non-corporate"

Former Employee - Second Assistant Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Nando's UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Free meals on shift - Career progression (conditional)

Cons

- Literally have to live and breathe the company to a ridiculous level, in order to get quick career progression - Poor pay for 2nd Assistant managers, £24,000 in Central London! - Just because you have a ping pong table in your head office, doesn't make you a fun and/or non-corporate company

Advice to Management

Less managers! Stick to a General manager and 1 or 2 Assistant managers, as it confuses the operation in terms of roles and responsibilities, as well as adding to the hierarchical structure. Top heavy... not good!!!!

Nando's UK2019-02-04

February 13, 2019Nando's UK

Morning, thanks for your review. We'd like to look into your comments further - can you drop us an email with more detail on your time with us to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk please?

7. "All good"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Southampton, England

I have been working at Nando's UK for more than 4 years

Pros

It a qsr so fast paced

Cons

It was all ok, the usual restaurant trade.

Nando's UK2018-12-22
    • "5 Years in the company"

Current Employee - Second Assistant Manager in High Wycombe, England

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great People, Great benefits for nandocas

Cons

Company out of touch, needs to reassess roles especially griller pay

Nando's UK2018-10-20

October 24, 2018Attraction & Campaigns Advisor

Morning, thanks for your review. We'll be more than happy to discuss your feedback further, if you wish to email HRsupport@nandos.co.uk.

"Great job"

Current Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager in Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Good work life balance, Good perks and up to 4K bonus Assistant trip each year

Cons

Late nights Travel to get to work Not enough managers sometimes

Nando's UK2018-09-04
    • "Great company, challenging hours"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleckheaton, England

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Lots of development, lots of support, great perks

Cons

One weekend off in 4, long hours between 7am and 2am, not a great work/life balance for a family

Nando's UK2018-07-15