Nando's UK Cashier/Co-ord Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nando's UK Cashier/Co-ord Reviews

Cashier/Co-ord

2.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "free food everyday, nice atmosphere" (in 63 reviews)

• "A free meal every shift - sometimes twice if you work long enough" (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • "Can be long hours if working in restaurants" (in 38 reviews)

• "except late nights when on a close which is expected in this line of work" (in 17 reviews)

1. "Cashier/ co-ord"

Current Employee - Cashier/Co-ord in Wigan, England
    Current Employee - Cashier/Co-ord in Wigan, England

I have been working at Nando's UK part-time

Pros

- payed staff meeting
    - paid holiday
    - they believe in equality so everyone's paid the same
    -regional nights out
    -team builds
    -free meal after every shift
    -40% / 20% discount (Monday-Thursday) (Friday-Sunday)

Cons

I genuinely don't think there is any if I had to be really picky sometimes you don't get your time off but that just depends on the demand of that date that you've asked to be off

"Good company! Bad management"

Former Employee - Cashier/Co-ord in Cramlington, England
    Former Employee - Cashier/Co-ord in Cramlington, England

I worked at Nando's UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Food (STAFF MENU). 40% discount Mon-Thur 20% Fri-Sun

Alright Work life balance if Under 18/ 18+ do very long hours, open to close normally 9+ hours a day

Cons

Management blame you for everything.

I work at nandos for just over a year, at first I thought I could grow within the company, I was young energetic and excellent people skills! And got on with everyone. But a few months later I was getting drained, management would be alright some days, but others they wouldn't.

They have something called OPPS- an independent company who checks the restaurant, at my store Cramlington, yeah it was good at first, but then they cut hours, reduced staff, even tho they** said we were getting busier! (**Management) but then why reduce hours and cut staff?. Everyone felt the drain, it because dull this showed on our HWIFY(customer experience survey) but yet again months went by nothing changed.

When opps do come in, stress levels sky rocket ( which is understandable). But it's complete lies when opps come in everyone act completely different and when they do leave staff don't get any rewards only management go out for a manager meal!!! Which isn't fair.

Overall good company, but you'll soon find out the truth!

Also when leaving the company! Don't give them anymore than 1 week notice otherwise they'll try there hardest to get you to leave on your own accord or look for ways to sack you! Happened with me got a phone call of the Patrao- swearing and screaming down the phone at me! Called HR they didn't seem interested

Good luck!

Advice to Management

Treat staff with the respect they deserve! And understand the work they do! It's hard because you don't do anything apart from office work apparently

3. "Good teamwork but too much stress in busy time"

Current Employee - Cashier/Co-ord in London, England
    Current Employee - Cashier/Co-ord in London, England

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free staff meal, lot if training, great teamwork, good opportunities

Cons

Rude customers, incompetent managers, late workhours, stressful at busy time

Advice to Management

Make better rotas, take care of the staff more

4. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier/Co-ord in Salisbury, England
    Former Employee - Cashier/Co-ord in Salisbury, England

I worked at Nando's UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great staff discount 40% Monday- Thursday. Good allowance on shift for food. Great atmosphere on shift, also great socialising outside of work. Managers encourage drinks after work and social events. Nando's put on big family events for employees to enjoy with their families and also Christmas parties. Good learning tools such as flash cards and interactive learning.

Cons

I felt like the environment was fast paced at times and often very quiet. Very big buzz initially when the store opened and super busy but then 6 months down the line, hours got revisited and "spilt-shifts" were introduced. Be prepared to work 10-4 then 6-10 in the same day just to get your hours in.

Advice to Management

Don't have as many staff members there, sounds brutal but no one liked working split shifts. Also be more hot on kitchen/co-ord staff hygiene ( no one in my restaurant wore hair nets). So many encourage spot checks on staff.