Nando's UK & IRE Reviews

Updated 12 May 2021

4.3
Pros
  • "paid breaks and free food on shift(in 148 reviews)

• "Free meal every shift, friendly staff and management team(in 98 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours and stressful at times(in 92 reviews)

• "Late nights and sometimes bad management(in 35 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Best Company I worked for

12 May 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Meal on shift , training provided , good environment!

Cons

I didn’t encounter any problems personally

Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your review. Always great to see 5 stars across the board and you had no problems! Hope all is well where you are now.

2. 5.0

Na

12 May 2021 - Server/Waitress
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun easy nice and was easy to get

Cons

Stressful at times but can be manageable

Nando's UK

Hey, thanks for your review. Really great to see 5 stars and you had fun working with us, but we'll make sure all your feedback is noted and shared with the relevant teams. Hope all is well where you are now!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic but some drawbacks

2 May 2021 - First Assistant Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great emphasis on internal progression but sometimes the values do clash- told to be yourself but sometimes urged not to be can be quite confusing! Great free food allowance, awesome regionals before COVID, indaba is great for senior management and central support are always really helpful. Nice culture within the restaurant I work in- lovely hard working team who are really approachable and friendly. Reviews are good and help you develop yourself. Training was also great.

Cons

Technology! It’s so out of date in Nando’s and it does make the job so much harder sometimes. Very bad work life balance which breaks the law sometimes is a fairly big drawback. Never finish at your finish times, close opens where you’re finishing at 1am and back in at 7am, despite speaking to Patrao about this it never seems to be rectified. I know you’re supposed to have 11 hours rest between shifts but this can be rare with finish times between 9pm-1am, back in early morning. WhatsApp messages and groups constantly going off on days off and time off which can be exhausting, and phone calls on days off can be tiring too and lead to burnout. On the whole the pros out way the cons and this has been the best hospitality job I’ve ever had, but more emphasis on preventing close open shifts would be welcome.

Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your review. Really great to see 5 stars and you're generally loving your time in the Nando's family, but we'd be more than happy to look further into your comments around hours and tech if you drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with your feedback and suggestions.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

One of the worst jobs I’ve ever had.

19 Apr 2021 - Cashier in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

There was some pros to this role, free food (£10 limit) and bottomless drinks from the juice machines throughout your shift and the occasional company night out.

Cons

Where do I begin. Basically say goodbye to your social life especially if you are on a close. Our store would shut at ten and we used to get out at 2/3 in the morning! Seriously beyond a joke. Also you’re expected to clean EVERYTHING I applied for a cashier role not a cleaners position. The staff and management can also be very cliquey and childish and they have favourites. I was verbally abused by other members of staff and also questioned numerous times about my sexuality and was mocked. I often dreaded going into work because of this and it caused me a lot of anxiety. The customers are also rude and make your life a living hell especially when there is a back up in the grill room. I was also paid a pitiful wage on top of all this. I ended up quitting cause I couldn’t take anymore and this job was not worth my sanity. When I handed in my notice my manager said it was illegal cause I signed a contract HAHA. Anyway I wouldn’t recommend this role to anyone it was one of the most toxic working environments I’ve ever had to endure and to this day I avoid Nandos and refuse to give them my custom. Avoid if you like your sanity.

Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for sharing your experience with us and we're really sorry to hear you didn't love your time in the Nando's family. We're keen to look into your feedback further - can you please drop us an email with more detail to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk so we can look into your comments and get back to you?

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Very good company to learn and grow

9 May 2021 - Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good perks, discounts, supports and gives opportunity to professional growth, very healthy company that allways pays on time, trips, partys, events,

Cons

Stressful and busy environment, physically draining and tiring, not worth the salary, no work life balance, not family friendly, no weekends off, no upper management support

Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your review. Great to see you're enjoying some of the perks and the growth, but we would like to look into your less positive comments further - can you please drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail so we can look into it and get back to you?

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

10 May 2021 - Buddy Trainer in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere Young and energetic workforce Fantastic opportunities for progression

Cons

Sometimes do not finish shift until late

Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your review. Great to see 5 stars and you enjoyed working with your team, but we'll make sure your feedback around hours is noted by the relevant teams too. Hope all is well where you are now.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing

10 May 2021 - Nandos Griller in Milton Keynes, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, great food, great perks

Cons

Pay could be slightly better

Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see 5 stars across the board and you recommend us, but we'll make sure your comments around pay are shared with the relevant team.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company perks, but work place cliques

11 May 2021 - Floor Staff
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food, good opportunities to progress, some great management

Cons

Work place cliques meant those who would not pull their weight never faced any consequences, putting pressure on those who worked hard

Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your review. Pleased to see you enjoyed the free food and the progression opportunities, but we'd like to look into your less positive comments further - can you please drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail so we can look into this and get back to you?

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Perfect Student Job, Fair Wages for Younger Staff

26 Apr 2021 - Cashier in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

1/2 free meals per shift Flexible Availability Regular Work Event

Cons

Late nights closing some stores Team meetings often early on weekend Cross-training for all roles Opportunities for career advancement limited

Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your review. Really great to see 5 stars and you enjoyed the flexibility, but you're welcome to drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail around your less positive comments if you'd like us to look into them further and get back to you.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

good

7 May 2021 - Buddy in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

40 percent discount mon to thur.

Cons

after covid the company doesnt care about you, its all money, seen in 6 weeks 5 people quit due to stress and overwork

Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your review. Really sorry to hear you feel uncared for and we'd like to look into your feedback further - can you please drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail so we can look into this and get back to you?

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,069 Reviews