Nando's UK & IRE Reviews
75% would recommend to a friend
(2110 total reviews)
81% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "You get free food and you get to interact with lots of people in a single day" (in 237 reviews)
- "The staff and company treat you pretty well/are one of the highest in the industry and you get a free meal" (in 135 reviews)
- "reliable and good pay" (in 120 reviews)
- "Great people and very understanding" (in 115 reviews)
- "Great team and very flexible in terms of hours" (in 69 reviews)
Found 2,110 of over 2K reviews
Updated 29 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW14 Jun 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Great people, free meal on days worked, supportive and encouraging.
None, I love my job! :)Nando's UK & IRE Response6mo
Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see 5 stars across the board and you're loving working with your team and the free food, with no cons :-)
- 5.06 Nov 2023Team MemberFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Lovely people, lovely organisation, and good training
Not much aside from the slight pressureNando's UK & IRE Response4w
Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see 5 stars and you enjoyed working with your team during your time as a Nandoca in London, but we'll make sure your feedback around pressure is noted too. Hope all is well where you are now.
- 3.026 Oct 2023Team MemberFormer Employee, more than 1 yearIpswich, England
Great atmosphere among team members with good camaraderie, easy to book time off
Lack of communication between managers leading to misunderstandings that are taken out on staff, lack of respect or accommodation for trans and neurodivergent staff members, clear favouritism from managers towards certain team members, fired me for reasons relating to my disability2Nando's UK & IRE Response2mo
Hey, many thanks for letting us know about your time as a Nandoca in Ipswich. We're disappointed reading your feedback and would like to look into this further - can you please email us with more detail to email@example.com so we can look into it and get back to you? Hope all is well where you are now.
- 4.029 Nov 20232nd Assistant ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsBlackpool, England
Made friends for life, good for networking, free food, can earn a decent salary
Unable to have a balanced life due to shifts, hard work with tight benchmark for hours, overworked and underpaid.Nando's UK & IRE Response4d
Hey, many thanks for your review. Great to see you've made friends for life and enjoy the free food as an AM in Blackpool, but you're welcome to drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to discuss your less positive comments further.
- 4.014 Oct 2023Nandos GrillerCurrent Employee
Free food on shift, breaks on shifts above 4h, 40% employee discount, friendly environment
workload can be ridiculous at times especially during rush hours, managers sometimes expect you to keep up with unrealistic expectations, managers can complain if youre not keeping up with number of orders coming in, getting holiday can be a tedious task, changing contract, changing availability is unnecessarily difficult and availability is somewhat ignored, if given a shift on a day youre marked as unavailable, despite being the rota managers fault it is your responsibility to get that sorted and you can use your PTO to have your availability fixed or you can get the shift covered but youre not allowed to drop below contracted hours or youre told to reduce your contract (rather silly)1Nando's UK & IRE Response2mo
Hey, many thanks for your review. Great to see you enjoy the free food and discount but we'd like to look further into your comments around management and rota further - can you please email us with more detail to email@example.com so we can look into it and get back to you?
- 5.028 Nov 2023Human ResourcesCurrent Employee
Fantastic culture & people - great company!
There are not many cons.Nando's UK & IRE Response5d
Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see 5 stars and you're loving the culture in our People Team, with no cons :-)
- 3.017 Nov 2023Front of House/CashierCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBasildon, East of England, England
Decent pay, free meal each shift, break if working 4 hrs+, 40% discount, customer service experience.
Constant gossip, favouritism from management, immature and rude management, can be a stressful environment escpecially at peak hours.Nando's UK & IRE Response2w
Hey, many thanks for your review around your experience as a Nandoca in Basildon. We're concerned to read your comments around management - can you please let us know more via email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can look into it and get back to you?
- 3.030 Sept 2023Assistant ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
- Free Food on shifts
- stressful - don't get time to take breaks due to not having enough staff - higher up people in the company lack the communication skills to be polite and respectful when speaking to staff/managers that work in restaurants often being rude and disrespectful to them. - Controls that are put in place for receiving a bonus can be hard to achieve - struggling restaurants don't receive any additional support to get them back on track. - Work life balance is not the best, can be working multiple late shifts a week whilst other managers get all the earlier shifts.1Nando's UK & IRE Response3mo
Hey, many thanks for your review around your time with us as an Assistant Manager. We're disappointed to read your feedback around stress and senior management and would like to look into this further - can you please email us with more detail to email@example.com so we can look into it and get back to you?
- 5.020 Nov 2023griller chefFormer Employee, less than 1 yearPurley, England
staff, food, hours, overtime, nice customers
occasional difficult customer, can get very busy working behind grill at high volume times.Nando's UK & IRE Response7d
Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see 5 stars and you enjoyed working with your team during your time as a Nandoca but we'll make sure your feedback around stress is noted too. Hope all is well where you are now and never forget - once a Nandoca, always a Nandoca.
- 4.024 Nov 2023Front of HouseCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBlackburn, England
Ethical sourcing of ingredients and aiming for net 0 carbon
Very few additional employee benefitsNando's UK & IRE Response6d
Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see you're enjoying your time as a Nandoca in Blackburn and appreciating our sustainability efforts, but you're welcome to email us via firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to tell us more around your thoughts about benefits.
Nando's UK & IRE Reviews FAQs
Nando's UK & IRE has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 2,177 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Nando's UK & IRE to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
75% of Nando's UK & IRE employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Nando's UK & IRE 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.