Nando's UK & IRE Employee Reviews about "free food"

Updated Nov 24, 2021

Found 205 of over 1,412 reviews

4.1
Nando's UK & IRE Managing Director Rob Papps
Rob Papps
Pros
  • "Great job free food parties lots of drinks(in 206 reviews)

• "Free meal, weekly pay, staff nights out(in 147 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours but that’s to be expected(in 138 reviews)

• "Occasional late nights but that’s expected with any restaurant(in 52 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "free food"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good for uni student job

Nov 24, 2021 - Team Member%2FNandoca in Leicester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

They'll accommodate you with your time and give you free food.

Cons

Not enough closers, so they end up leaving three or four people to just do it.

Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your review - sorry for the delay in responding. Great to see 5 stars and you're a fan of the free food but you're welcome to drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk if there's anything around your less positive comments you'd like to discuss further.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nando's

Nov 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

free food good pay modern management style

Cons

not much at all tbh

Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your review. Really great to see 5 stars and you loved the free food with no cons!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good company with benefits but can vary from restaurant to restaurant

Nov 14, 2021 - Waitress
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits such as staff days outs and parties. Free food etc

Cons

Poor management in some restaurants.

Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your review! Really great to see you're a fan of the parties and free food, but you're welcome to drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail around your less positive feedback if you'd like us to look into anything further.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee

X

Nov 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food on the breaks

Cons

Over worked, unorganised, etc etc

Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your review. Great to see you're a fan of the free food, but you're welcome to drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk if you'd like to discuss your less positive comments further.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Okay

Oct 31, 2021 - Server/Waitress
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good hours, free food on breaks

Cons

Really toxic culture and gossipy

Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your review. Pleased to see you're a fan of the free food but you're welcome to drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk if you'd like to tell us more around your less positive comments, or look into anything for you.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Absolutely dreadful.

Nov 19, 2021 - Host/Cashier in Camberwell, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food on every shift.

Cons

Lack communication between managers and staff. Staff are forced to work long hours with barely any time for breaks, an example would be working a 9+ hour shift with 30 minutes of break time. Ridiculous rules like keeping phones in the staff room and restricting the access to staff possessions. COVID guidelines are often ignored. In my particular case, a staff member tested positive and management took the decision to keep the restaurant open despite massive pushback from staff members on duty. New staff are not adequately trained on how to work the tills and are very very lazy. If you think staff safety is a priority, think again, security is lazy and on one occasion there was a machete attack in our restaurant and no counselling or support was offered to anyone. Managers constantly belittle and patronise, and on occasion even talk down to you. You will be asked to put life on hold and be expected to work shifts outside of your availability. To sum up, avoid Nando's like the plague (or covid), its not worth the stress, pay or therapy bills once you realise how much your mental health and wellbeing is ignored.

Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for telling us about your time with us. Your comments are concerning and we'd like to look into this further - can you please drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail so we can look into this and get back to you?

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place, on the whole

Oct 21, 2021 - Nandoca (Cashier Or Griller) in Wokingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere, free food, fast paced

Cons

Minimum wage, as a griller you will get burns on your hands/ arms

Continue reading

Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your review! Great to see you enjoy the atmosphere and free food, but we'll make sure your less positive comments are noted too.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Nice but

Oct 18, 2021 - Customer Service in Windsor, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food on every shift

Cons

There was some favouritism with other colleagues

Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your review! Great to see you were a fan of the free food, but you're welcome to drop us an email with more detail around your less positive comments to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk if you'd like us to look into them further. Hope all is well where you are now.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

Not paid enough for work demanded from managers

Oct 19, 2021 - Grill Cook
      Business Outlook

Pros

Get to have free food on your breaks

Cons

Not paid enough for the hazards you face at the job as a griller, you cut, burn and hurt yourself just to serve some chicken. Irresponsible team members that don’t care about their jobs sometimes not showing up or calling in sick constantly leaving the rest of the members overworked and underpaid.

Continue reading

Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your review. We'd like to look into your feedback further - can you please drop us an email with more detail to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail so we can look into it and get back to you?

10. 3.0
      Current Employee

Kitchen grill

Oct 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

good pay and free food

Cons

hard working environment/ difficult job

Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your review. Good to see you appreciate the pay and free food, but we'll make sure your feedback around the environment is noted too.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 205 Reviews