Nando's UK & IRE Employee Reviews about "free meal"

Updated Dec 1, 2021

Found 147 of over 1,412 reviews

4.1
Nando's UK & IRE Managing Director Rob Papps
Rob Papps
Pros
  • "Great job free food parties lots of drinks(in 206 reviews)

• "Free meal, weekly pay, staff nights out(in 147 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours but that’s to be expected(in 138 reviews)

• "Occasional late nights but that’s expected with any restaurant(in 52 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "free meal"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Excellent

Nov 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free staff meals Great management Flexible Student friendly Nice

Cons

Repetitive Long hours Lazy staff Rude customers Messy

Nando's UK

Morning, any thanks for your review. Really great to see 5 stars and you enjoyed the free food and flexibility, but we'll make sure your less positive comments are noted too. Hope all is well where you are now.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Nov 26, 2021 - Team Member
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff care about employees, work is relatively easy, free meal each shift, all staff very friendly and many teambuilding, staff nights out.

Cons

Since the pandemic it has been difficult to hire staff and with several people leaving it leaves a high workload with a reduced working team.

Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your review. Great to see you recommend us and enjoy the free food and nights out, but we can assure you we are working on recruitment. You're more than welcome to drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk if you'd like to let us know more.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Resistant to change and no support while training

Nov 23, 2021 - Buddy Trainer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid breaks and free staff meals. Internal opportunities.

Cons

No support with training new staff, even after mentioned a few times was told to use my free time to train new Nandocas. No life to work balance. Rewards and progress are more friend/family based than meritocratic. No point in going to HR about sexual and harassment complaints as nothing will be done and in some cases, no response will be given after investigation.

Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your review. We're really sorry to hear you haven't had a response to your feedback and we do really want to ensure you do get one, so can you please follow up with our team via HRsupport@nandos.co.uk so we can get back to you about what happened?

4. 3.0
      Former Temporary Employee, less than 1 year

Overstaffed

Nov 16, 2021 - Team Member/Nandoca
      Business Outlook

Pros

Worked during lockdown restrictions, team was hardworking and welcoming. Paid breaks with a free meal

Cons

Turn over rate was high and hours were innconsistant. As lockdown restrictions eased my shifts were cut short and I was sent home as there was nothing to do. Managers often gave conflicting requests and I would be blamed for not doing what one manager asked.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Nice place for students

Oct 14, 2021 - Host, Waiter in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Nandos does seasonal parties with different Nando’s in the same region- renting a club and paying for ALL drinks all night. - Weekly income. - Free meal with each shift.

Cons

Lack of team work .

Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your review. Really great to see you enjoy the parties and free food, but we'll also make sure your feedback around recruitment is noted too.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Sep 29, 2021 - Buddy Trainer in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family environment Discounted food Free meal every shift Very orginised High standards Friendly

Cons

Expect late shifts and weekends

Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your review. Really great to see 5 stars and you love the environment :-)

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not the best experience

Oct 5, 2021 - Team Member/Nandoca in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free meals on every shifts Paid breaks FEW nice people

Cons

No training or support. The interview seemed a bit rushed and although I’ve given all my information, nothing was taken into consideration, especially availability. Training was nonexistent and you’re told to learn on the job, which is useless as they expect you to work as if you’ve been trained properly. Lack of communication, doing the job and being told not to do anything or help the other team members just to end up getting a warning for not doing absolutely anything. Bad feedback. The feedback is given at the end of the week rather than on the job which makes it useless. The feedback should at least be given straightaway to avoid repeating the same mistakes. I ended up walking on eggshells just to avoid doing the right or wrong thing, as you’re always wrong. Delays on payment, which is caused by lack of training and support. Instead of providing support for you to get set up properly and get paid, they wait for you to beg them. Talking to managers is like talking to a wall, they will preach a lot about family values, but they don’t even know how to spell. Trying to get some support from them is useless.

Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your review. Your comments are quite concerning and we're keen to look further into them - can you please drop us an email with more detail to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk so we can look into this and get back to you?

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Free food…. No time to eat

Oct 2, 2021 - Cashier
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free meals every shift. Shifts could be fun if you had an efficient team working. If you were keen to progress, management were very encouraging.

Cons

Management tried to save hours by letting people leave early if it seemed quiet, but did not get stuck in and help cover the lack of staff when it got busy… which happened a lot!

Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your review. Pleased to see you recommend us and enjoyed working with your team but we'd like to look into your less positive comments further - can you please drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk so we can look into it and get back to you?

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nandos cashier

Sep 28, 2021 - Cashier in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good discounts, free staff meals, great first job

Cons

No real progression, unsociable work hours, no work/life balance, all your weekends will be taken up

Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your review. Great to see you enjoy the free food and discount, but we'd like to look into your less positive comments further- can you please drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail?

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Sep 12, 2021 - Nandoca/Cashier in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free meal, weekly pay, staff nights out

Cons

Bad management, negative staff, favouritism.

Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your review. Great to see 5 stars overall but we'd like to look into your less positive comments - can you please drop us an email with more detail to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk so we can look further into your feedback and get back to you about it?

Viewing 1 - 10 of 147 Reviews