Nando's UK & IRE Employee Reviews about "hour"
75% would recommend to a friend
(575 total reviews)
82% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "You get free food and you get to interact with lots of people in a single day" (in 238 reviews)
- "The staff and company treat you pretty well/are one of the highest in the industry and you get a free meal" (in 132 reviews)
- "reliable and good pay" (in 122 reviews)
- "Great people and very understanding" (in 120 reviews)
- "Staff are friendly and down to earth!" (in 66 reviews)
Found 575 of over 2K reviews
Updated 4 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "hour"Return to all Reviews
- 4.023 Oct 2021Waitress/Bar StaffFormer EmployeeCardiff, Wales
Friendly staff and great environment
gets very busy and long hoursNando's UK & IRE Response3y
Hey, many thanks for your review! Great to see you enjoyed working with your team and the environment, but we'll make sure your feedback around hours is noted too. Hope you're all good where you are now.
- 1.029 Jun 2020SupervisorFormer EmployeeDover, England
Free food on breaks Family discount Good staff Paid breaks
Late nights , bad managers that don’t know how to run the place , Work/life balance is terrible . Expected to come in on days off . The pay gap between buddy’s and supervisors is pointless . Supervisors do the exact same work as assistants and stay extra hours and get paid significantly less . It’s so tiring and stressful and the job really plays on your mental health (the bad management ) Have had the worst experienceNando's UK & IRE Response4y
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We'd love to understand more about your negative experiences, please drop an email to email@example.com .
- 5.014 Jul 2021WaiterFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Great team and very flexible in terms of hours
Can be very fast pacedNando's UK & IRE Response3y
Hey, many thanks for your review. Great to see you recommend us and enjoyed working with your team, hope all is well where you are now.
- 5.015 Feb 2021CashierFormer Employee, more than 3 years
- very flexible with my rota and understanding/accommodating of my uni schedule - great employee benefits such as free meals on shift (2 if over 8 hours!) and generous discount - easy to progress/move up
Can’t think of any, was a pleasure to workNando's UK & IRE Response3y
Morning, many thanks for your review! Really great to see you loved your time in the Nando's family and was a fan of the flexibility and free food. Hope all is well where you are now.
- 4.01 Feb 2021Nandoca/CashierFormer Employee, less than 1 yearGatwick, England
A lot of fun but also hard work
Long hours at times can get quite hectic when busy but you get used to itNando's UK & IRE Response3y
Morning, thanks for your review. Great to see you had fun and enjoyed your time with us - hope all is well where you are now.
- 5.023 Jan 2021Server/WaitressCurrent EmployeeBath, England
Good pay and like a family
Long hours and stressful at timesNando's UK & IRE Response3y
Hey, thanks for your review. Really great to see 5 stars, but we would suggest speaking to your Patrao around your less positive comments to see if thy can help support with your hours, if necessary.
- 3.018 Jan 2020Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
free food and its a easy job
long hours and over workedNando's UK & IRE Response4y
Hey, thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear you didn't completely love your time in the Nando's family - you're welcome to drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail if there's anything you'd like to discuss further about your time with us.
- 3.022 Aug 2018NandocaFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Working in Nando`s is great if you are studying in the meantime. The working hours are flexible and most of the workers are students too so you gain lots of nice friendships.
No career opportunities. The company hires young and younger managers which don`t know how to manage people correctly. Awful management.Nando's UK & IRE Response6y
Hey, thanks for your review - we'll be happy to look further into your comments if you would like us to, if you can email HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail.
- 3.014 Feb 2019Assistant ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
-Free meal on shift -Company ‘seems’ to care about your wellbeing -Salary -Wage % budget doesn’t include salaries -Paid trips abroad for regional assistants to bond -Christmas and summer parties paid for with drinks -Store day outs together all paid for to bond with team and managers
-Long hours -Rare to have 2 days off together when fulltime -Patrao (General Manager) never does PM shift and your rota has to fit around their set rota -Wage % seems great until you have to save hours to pay for staff to clean after the shift -They don’t employ cleaners, staff are expected to stay sometimes until 2am to finish, sometimes meaning you have completed a 12-14 hour day -Customer Care team will give away vouchers for complaints sometimes instead of checking with the store as to what went on and if there is something that be done to help change for the future etcNando's UK & IRE Response5y
Hey, many thanks for your review. There are some points in there which we'll be more than happy to look into further and get back to you about, if you can drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk.