Found 268 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "You get free food and you get to interact with lots of people in a single day" (in 238 reviews)
- "The staff and company treat you pretty well/are one of the highest in the industry and you get a free meal" (in 132 reviews)
- "reliable and good pay" (in 122 reviews)
- "Great people and very understanding" (in 120 reviews)
- "Staff are friendly and down to earth!" (in 66 reviews)
Reviews about "meal"Return to all Reviews
- 5.010 Jan 2023CashierCurrent Contractor
The staff and company treat you pretty well/are one of the highest in the industry and you get a free meal
Sometimes labour can be quite tight on busy days
- 3.07 Sept 2022WaitressCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Nandos has good staff but managers could be better. Very inclusive in many avenues (such as mental health, sex and disabilities)
it does not pay well. the meal allowance for a 10hr shift is worth 1 meal (if you worked a 12pm - 10pm shift for three days straight, and you ate one meal would you survive?)Nando's UK & IRE Response2y
Hey, many thanks for your review. Great to see you feel included and enjoy working with your team but we'd like to look into your comments around meal allowance further - can you drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail so we can look into that?
- 5.015 Feb 2021CashierFormer Employee, more than 3 years
- very flexible with my rota and understanding/accommodating of my uni schedule - great employee benefits such as free meals on shift (2 if over 8 hours!) and generous discount - easy to progress/move up
Can’t think of any, was a pleasure to workNando's UK & IRE Response3y
Morning, many thanks for your review! Really great to see you loved your time in the Nando's family and was a fan of the flexibility and free food. Hope all is well where you are now.
- 1.08 Dec 2020Training BuddyFormer Employee, more than 3 years
The only good things is paid breaks and free meals
Bad management No organisation Don’t know how to treat peopleNando's UK & IRE Response3y
Hey, thanks for your review. Really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time in the Nando's family - can you please drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail about your experience so we can look into it and get back to you?
- 3.014 Nov 2021MissFormer EmployeeChelmsford, England
Free ( healthy stylish) meal Discount Lots of hours
If you lucky you can level up until you want to stop. Compare to the higher rules I find it underpaid as it came with lots of responsibility. At least when I was on and what they paid me.Nando's UK & IRE Response3y
Morning, many thanks for your review. Great to see you recommend us and enjoyed the food, but you're welcome to drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk if there's anything around your less positive comments you'd like to discuss further with us.
- 4.011 May 2023Back of HouseFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBirmingham, England
Flexible as a uni student, weekly pay. Free meal on shift and free soft drinks on shift.
Long hours, especially at weekends when busy. Fast-pacedNando's UK & IRE Response7mo
Hey, many thanks for your review! Great to see you enjoyed the flexibility and free food during your time with us in Birmingham, but we'll make sure your feedback around hours is noted too. Hope all is well where you are now.
- 5.026 Sept 2016WaiterFormer Employee
The restaurant was very busy but we had enough staff to match the demand, so we weren't ever expected to put two people's work load in. Friendly staff and usually good relations with the management, just depends where you work I guess. Tend to be quite flexible as well and put you before work, so asking for time off etc. is never an issue unless its late notice. Wage was 7.20 when I left, it rose with the new Living Wage. And the best thing is probably the free meal every shift (even the 4 hour ones).
Not really an opportunity to earn tips. All tips go towards a staff night out, which is good as well but I'd rather have the money myself to be honest. Not that I was trying to move up the ladder but it seems like it takes a long time with people having to wait years before going up to supervisor and then manager etc.
- 5.023 Apr 2023Nandos WaiterCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSwansea, Wales
• Quick job progression for hard workers. • Undertaking extra responsibilities provides perks, such as time off in Ireland for example. • Nandos hoodies and merch as rewards for employee of the month, etc. • Colleagues who want to be working there. • Strong culture of family and helping one another. • Pay is good for an entry level job in the service industry, as I became a Nandoca with no prior relevant job experience or education, only an enthusiasm to want to be there. • Free use of drinks machine and a staff meal equivalent to £13.75 (in my area).
• Can sometimes be working a 10 hour shift with only a 40 minute break - so take vape / smoke breaks when available. • More often than not working weekends.Nando's UK & IRE Response8mo
Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see 5 stars and you're enjoying your time as a Nandoca in Swansea, but we'd like to look into your feedback around management training further - can you please drop us an email with more detail to email@example.com so we can look into that?
- 4.01 Sept 2020Cashier NandosFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
free meals and drinks paid breaks flexible working hours
Sometimes there are not enough people on shiftNando's UK & IRE Response4y
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad you enjoyed your time in the Nando's family. Good luck in your future career.
- 4.021 Sept 2023Buddy TrainerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsBolton, England
Free meals and a discount of up to 40% for you and up to 5 friends.
Late shifts were hard work and sometimes be there til 1am waiting on other peopleNando's UK & IRE Response3mo
Hey, many thanks for your review! Great to see you enjoyed the free food and discount during your time with us as a Buddy in Bolton, but we'll make sure your feedback around hours is noted too. Hope all is well where you are now.