Cover image for Nando's UK & IRE
Logo

Nando's UK & IRE

Nando's UK & IRE

Add a Review

Nando's UK & IRE Employee Reviews about "staff"

3.9

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "You get free food and you get to interact with lots of people in a single day(in 238 reviews)
  • "The staff and company treat you pretty well/are one of the highest in the industry and you get a free meal(in 132 reviews)
  • "reliable and good pay(in 122 reviews)
  • "Great people and very understanding(in 120 reviews)
  • "Staff are friendly and down to earth!(in 66 reviews)
Cons
Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

Found 389 of over 2K reviews

Updated 4 Dec 2023

Reviews about "staff"

Return to all Reviews
      19 Jun 2022
      Customer Service
      Former Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid weekly Free food Friendly team members

Cons

Long hours Expected to stay after your shift finishes sometimes up to two hours to clean Always low on staff so the shifts are terrible but then managers expect you to pick up the pace

Hey, many thanks for your review. Great to see you were a fan of the free food and working with your team, but we'd like to look into your less positive comments further - can you please drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail so we can look into it and get back to you? Hope all is well where you are now.

1. 1.0
        21 Jul 2021
        Inside Employee Undercover
        Former Employee, less than 1 year
        London, England
        Business Outlook

Pros

none none none none none

Cons

I have worked at Glasshouse London before and I now work with the union. I know a lot of people who have worked here. This place doesn't deserve to be still open. the staff is over worked and even though they have normal hourly contracts they still treat and under pay them like a zero contract which is illegal. the staff turn over is unbelievable which is warning signs to me. poorly managed. for a central Nando's this is not acceptable. I want something done to close this place, and I will try. avoid this place at all costs

Morning, many thanks for your review. We're concerned about your comments and we'd like to look into them further - can you please drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail so we can look into this and get back to you?

2. Join the Nando's UK & IRE team
        See Our Latest Jobs
        1. 5.0
          10 Jan 2023
          Cashier
          Current Contractor

Pros

Cons

Sometimes labour can be quite tight on busy days

1. 2.0
            16 Jan 2019
            Host/Hostess
            Former Employee, more than 3 years
            Richmond, London, England
            Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked with some amazing and fun people and had lots of staff parties which made the job bearable. Overtime was always available due to the high level of staff turnover. Progression is just about possible.

Cons

On the flipside the management was full on incompetent people with 0 to none leadership skills due to having a certain nationality. They have lost so many valuable people due to the fact that they were advancing people who spoke a certain lenguage where if you were doing 10 favours a week (coming in on your day off to help them on days when someone did not show up) it was considered basically normal.

Morning, we'd like to look into your comments further - can you please email HRsupport@nando.co.uk with more info so we can get back to you about them?

1. 4.0
              17 Aug 2023
              Team Member/Nandoca
              Former Employee, more than 3 years
              Business Outlook

Pros

Some great benefits are offered, staff discount is really helpful.

Cons

Can be a really toxic environment to work in dependant on the staff/ managers.

Hey, many thanks for your review. Pleased to see you enjoyed the discount but we'd like to look into your feedback around the environment further - can you please email us on peoplesupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail so we can look into it and get back to you? Hope all is well where you are now.

1. 4.0
                6 Jun 2022
                Team Member/Nandoca
                Former Employee, more than 1 year
                Dún Laoghaire
                Business Outlook

Pros

Food each shift Paid breaks Flexible holidays and working hours Clear progression path within the company

Cons

Lots of yellow tape when dealing with management problems. They refused to deal with managers who are terrible to staff but are good on paper / profitably wise. One manager moved into our restaurant and made close to 10 people quit, and then bragged about it. She then moved restaurants and managers / staff under her started leaving and still nothing was done even with numerous complaints. But this is 1 bad apple among many good. Overall decent place to work.

Morning, many thanks for your review! Really great to see you enjoyed the free food and flexibility along with the progression opportunities, but we'd like to look into your less positive comments further - can you please drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more info so we can look into it and get back to you? Hope all is well where you are now.

1. 2.0
                  22 Jul 2015
                  Former Employee, less than 1 year
                  Gatwick, England
                  Business Outlook

Pros

Nando's is a company where there is room to excel quickly, IF the managers are bothered to notice the hard work you contribute. Some of the managers were approachable and understanding of personal situations, which I loved. Additionally, some of my ex-employees were friendly and lovely to work with. The staff were from diverse backgrounds and it was amazing to meet so many people from different cultures. The main reason most people work there is discounted food at ALL Nando's and a free Nando's lunch on each shift, which sounds amazing in theory but too much of a good thing is bad (but each to there own).

Cons

The Staff and Environment. Although some of my ex-employees and managers were approachable the environment in Nando's Gatwick Airport was unbearable. There was too much in fighting, shady, backstabbing, ignorant (and at times racists) comments from staff and managers! Whilst there were socials to build a rapport within the team, I felt alienated at time as many socials included heavy drinking and to a certain extent binge drinking, which I try to avoid due to personal reasons. Job Role and Misleading Benefits As a ex-employee of Nando's Gatwick Airport and a trainee at another Nando's, I felt highly overworked, undervalued with zero rewards and praise. Whilst you could get discounts at Duty Free and shops airside, I've heard discounts are better for other airport workers. And you could probably get better discounts online and when sales season. Working in a restaurant is stressful, as you have to work collectively to ensure the food is presentable and the order is on time, however working with individuals you disliked or disliked you made working there ten times worse. There was favouritism amongst certain staff members, who seemed to get away with rotating roles for example working in back of house or the kitchen. Managers treated you like crap if you refused to stay on longer than your scheduled shift yet they would failed to acknowledge your hard work ESPECIALLY after a long shift. But there is a high turnover at Nando's which is crazy for a company that allegedly cares about it's staff.

1 Jan 2020
                    Cashier
                    Current Employee, more than 3 years
                    Business Outlook

Pros

The staff are generally easy to get along with and it can be very fun at times.

Cons

Having to work throughout bank holidays, Christmas eve, etc (except Christmas day). Some customers can be extremely rude and can be very overwhelming when it gets busy.

Hey, thanks for your review. Pleased to see you're generally enjoying your time with us, but we would suggest speaking to your Patrao around your rota to see if they can help support in that area, if necessary.

1. 5.0
                      23 Apr 2023
                      Nandos Waiter
                      Current Employee, less than 1 year
                      Swansea, Wales
                      Business Outlook

Pros

• Quick job progression for hard workers. • Undertaking extra responsibilities provides perks, such as time off in Ireland for example. • Nandos hoodies and merch as rewards for employee of the month, etc. • Colleagues who want to be working there. • Strong culture of family and helping one another. • Pay is good for an entry level job in the service industry, as I became a Nandoca with no prior relevant job experience or education, only an enthusiasm to want to be there. Free use of drinks machine and a staff meal equivalent to £13.75 (in my area).

Cons

• Can sometimes be working a 10 hour shift with only a 40 minute break - so take vape / smoke breaks when available. • More often than not working weekends.

Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see 5 stars and you're enjoying your time as a Nandoca in Swansea, but we'd like to look into your feedback around management training further - can you please drop us an email with more detail to peoplesupport@nandos.co.uk so we can look into that?

14 Feb 2019
                        Assistant Manager
                        Current Employee, more than 1 year
                        London, England
                        Business Outlook

Pros

-Free meal on shift -Company ‘seems’ to care about your wellbeing -Salary -Wage % budget doesn’t include salaries -Paid trips abroad for regional assistants to bond -Christmas and summer parties paid for with drinks -Store day outs together all paid for to bond with team and managers

Cons

-Long hours -Rare to have 2 days off together when fulltime -Patrao (General Manager) never does PM shift and your rota has to fit around their set rota -Wage % seems great until you have to save hours to pay for staff to clean after the shift -They don’t employ cleaners, staff are expected to stay sometimes until 2am to finish, sometimes meaning you have completed a 12-14 hour day -Customer Care team will give away vouchers for complaints sometimes instead of checking with the store as to what went on and if there is something that be done to help change for the future etc

Hey, many thanks for your review. There are some points in there which we'll be more than happy to look into further and get back to you about, if you can drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 389 Reviews
                      </>Embed

Popular Careers with Nando's UK & IRE Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Want the inside scoop on your own company?

Join your Company Bowl™ for anonymous work chats.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Human Resources Generalist

Hello everyone! I interviewed for a position back in the beginning of October. There were a few flags in the interview but I still followed up a week later and was told the company was taking there time with the interview process. Fast forward to this week, I get an invite for an in person interview that they set for a random date for a 2 hour time block. After two months of ghosting, should I attend the interview?

Program Manager

Wondering if anyone else is getting zero response From job inquiries because it’s Christmas? I just found out I don’t have a job in January! I need to work at Least 30 hours a week for a nonprofit for my PSLF! I only have like 4-6 months left!!!

Stellantis

I have a decent tech/business background and constantly get recruiters calling me asking if I’m interested in a role…probably at least 1x/month. I take the interviews because I figure it’s good practice but NEVER get selected for the role. Apart from feedback I’ve received regarding specific skills the employer wanted to see more of, I’m at a loss. Has anyone experienced this, what should I do?

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 2,177 Nando's UK & IRE reviews submitted anonymously by Nando's UK & IRE employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Nando's UK & IRE is right for you.