Nando's UK "free meal" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nando's UK Employee Reviews about "free meal"

Found 474 reviews

4.1
Pros
  • "Free food with every single shift(in 72 reviews)

• "Free meal up to 10 pounds after each shift;(in 55 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "free meal"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Superb Company"

I worked at Nando's UK full-time

Pros

Staff perks are great - 3 Regional Parties a year. - Free meals on breaks as well as being paid and good discount when not at work. - Staff days out. - Staff is like one big supportive family.

Cons

Can not think of anything.

Nando's UK2019-04-01

April 2, 2019Nando's UK

Really great to hear you loved your time in the Nando's family! Hope all is well with what you're up to now.

2. "Good pay, value staff, great benefits"

Current Employee - Nandoca (Front of House)
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Nando's UK part-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay everyone the same hourly wage (7.60ish) no matter what age, extremely flexible hours, paid breaks every 4.5 hours, free meal on shift, 40% off on weekdays, helpful managers

Cons

Some unfriendly staff, some managers have favourites

Nando's UK2019-03-31

April 1, 2019Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your comments. Great to hear you're generally enjoying your time in the Nando's family, but you're welcome to email HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail around your less positive comments if you'd like us to look into them further.

3. "Buddy Trainer at Nando’s"

Current Employee - Buddy Trainer in Manchester, England

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Amazing company to work for, they offer ample benefits to all employees, including paid breaks, free meals on shift, competitive wage & are extremely flexible with time off and personal life commitments.

Cons

Rude customers are a given in any hospitality role.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you are doing.

Nando's UK2019-03-25
  4. "Good workplace"

Current Employee - Kitchen Staff in Durham, England

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Good athmospher, good pay, bonus for full attendance, free meal on shift, nice people

Cons

Friday and Saturdays shifts are must

Advice to Management

Keep up good work

Nando's UK2019-03-05

March 7, 2019Nando's UK

Hey, thanks for your comments - great to hear you're generally enjoying your time in the Nando's family. We would suggest speaking to your Patrao about your less positive comments, to see if they can help support you in terms of your rota if necessary.

5. "From cashier to supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Manchester, England

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The people are possibly the biggest perk of this job. You create lasting friendships with the people you work with. Benefits of the job include paid break and a free meal every shift. Between 3/4 regional parties with free drinks and travel for all staff Management wise, you can get up to £4000 bonus depending on restaurant performance, as well as trips abroad sometimes. If you're a 'nandos' person you can work your...

Cons

It always seems unorganised... the same problems are still happening 3 years later. Understaffed on shift as the budgets won't allow for more staff. Long hours, a 12 hour shift is not unusual, and usually get out at 2:30 AM on a friday/saturday due to all the cleaning at the end of the shift. At times it can feel a little 'clique-y', in order to progress there must be a position available, so it depends who knows who...

Advice to Management

In terms of general manager in the restaurant, spend more time with your staff and management team. In terms of regional manager, really spend more time in your restaurants! Some staff don't know who their regional manager is.

Nando's UK2019-03-05

March 7, 2019Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your comments. Great to hear how you've progressed with us but we'd like to help further in terms of the Cons you mentioned - if you can drop an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk about them, we'll look into them and get back to you.

"Griller"

Current Employee - Hospitality in Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Free meal Paid break Staff parties decent work life balance

Cons

Long hours Lots of stress People treated unfair comparing to others Focus on profit only

Nando's UK2019-02-14

February 20, 2019Nando's UK

Hi, thanks for your comments. We'd like to look into your less positive comments further - if you can drop an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail we'll get back to you about them.

7. "Griller"

I have been working at Nando's UK

Pros

+free meal on shift +flexible hours

Cons

-can be very fast paced

Nando's UK2019-01-31

February 5, 2019Nando's UK

Hey, thanks for your review :-)

8. "1st Assistant"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in London, England

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-Free meal on shift -Company ‘seems’ to care about your wellbeing -Salary -Wage % budget doesn’t include salaries -Paid trips abroad for regional assistants to bond -Christmas and summer parties paid for with drinks -Store day outs together all paid for to bond with team and managers

Cons

-Long hours -Rare to have 2 days off together when fulltime -Patrao (General Manager) never does PM shift and your rota has to fit around their set rota -Wage % seems great until you have to save hours to pay for staff to clean after the shift -They don’t employ cleaners, staff are expected to stay sometimes until 2am to finish, sometimes meaning you have completed a 12-14 hour day -Customer Care team will give away vouchers...

Advice to Management

Listen to assistant managers more and make it anonymous so they don’t get treated differently. Work life balance to be better. Days off together. Pay people of the same level more fairly as some vary massively for same job title and role.

Nando's UK2019-02-14

February 20, 2019Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your review. There are some points in there which we'll be more than happy to look into further and get back to you about, if you can drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk.

9. "The most corporate of restaurant chains, masquerading as non-corporate"

Former Employee - Second Assistant Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Nando's UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Free meals on shift - Career progression (conditional)

Cons

- Literally have to live and breathe the company to a ridiculous level, in order to get quick career progression - Poor pay for 2nd Assistant managers, £24,000 in Central London! - Just because you have a ping pong table in your head office, doesn't make you a fun and/or non-corporate company

Advice to Management

Less managers! Stick to a General manager and 1 or 2 Assistant managers, as it confuses the operation in terms of roles and responsibilities, as well as adding to the hierarchical structure. Top heavy... not good!!!!

Nando's UK2019-02-04

February 13, 2019Nando's UK

Morning, thanks for your review. We'd like to look into your comments further - can you drop us an email with more detail on your time with us to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk please?

10. "Decent company, good for students"

I have been working at Nando's UK part-time

Pros

You get a free meal every time you work. Good flexibility for students. Paid Sabbatical after 5 years. A lot of opportunities and chances of promotion.

Cons

Pay your own taxi's home late at night. Mixed shifts (early and late)

Nando's UK2019-01-28

February 5, 2019Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your comments. We would suggest speaking to your Patrao about your less positive comments, to see if they can help support with them.

Found 474 reviews