Nando's UK "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nando's UK Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Found 474 reviews

4.1
Pros
  • "Free food with every single shift(in 72 reviews)

• "Free meal up to 10 pounds after each shift;(in 55 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A good part time job"

Current Employee - Floor Staff in Hereford, England

I have been working at Nando's UK part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun staff roster with a good friendship spirit Management are all young so sometimes feel as much your friends as your bosses Fairly regular socials and rewards for those who put in a lot of effort Free food with every single shift!

Cons

The bread and butter of the job (waitering) gets very tedious when done for long hours over long weeks, because it's inherently quite boring and there is very little challenge Often overstaffed on the restaurant floor which can lead to a lot of walking around looking for things to do Often do split shifts to avoid having to give you a paid break

Nando's UK2019-03-14

March 18, 2019Nando's UK

Afternoon! Thanks for your comments. We would suggest speaking to your Patrao about your comments around your shifts, as they will be able to help with that.

2. "From cashier to supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Manchester, England

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The people are possibly the biggest perk of this job. You create lasting friendships with the people you work with. Benefits of the job include paid break and a free meal every shift. Between 3/4 regional parties with free drinks and travel for all staff Management wise, you can get up to £4000 bonus depending on restaurant performance, as well as trips abroad sometimes. If you're a 'nandos' person you can work your...

Cons

It always seems unorganised... the same problems are still happening 3 years later. Understaffed on shift as the budgets won't allow for more staff. Long hours, a 12 hour shift is not unusual, and usually get out at 2:30 AM on a friday/saturday due to all the cleaning at the end of the shift. At times it can feel a little 'clique-y', in order to progress there must be a position...

Advice to Management

In terms of general manager in the restaurant, spend more time with your staff and management team. In terms of regional manager, really spend more time in your restaurants! Some staff don't know who their regional manager is.

Nando's UK2019-03-05

March 7, 2019Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your comments. Great to hear how you've progressed with us but we'd like to help further in terms of the Cons you mentioned - if you can drop an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk about them, we'll look into them and get back to you.

3. "Nandoca"

I worked at Nando's UK full-time

Pros

Free food on every shift

Cons

Long hours can be 12 hour day

Nando's UK2019-02-20

"Griller"

Current Employee - Hospitality in Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Free meal Paid break Staff parties decent work life balance

Cons

Long hours Lots of stress People treated unfair comparing to others Focus on profit only

Nando's UK2019-02-14

February 20, 2019Nando's UK

Hi, thanks for your comments. We'd like to look into your less positive comments further - if you can drop an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail we'll get back to you about them.

5. "1st Assistant"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in London, England

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-Free meal on shift -Company ‘seems’ to care about your wellbeing -Salary -Wage % budget doesn’t include salaries -Paid trips abroad for regional assistants to bond -Christmas and summer parties paid for with drinks -Store day outs together all paid for to bond with team and managers

Cons

-Long hours -Rare to have 2 days off together when fulltime -Patrao (General Manager) never does PM shift and your rota has to fit around their set rota -Wage % seems great until you have to save hours to pay for staff to clean after the shift -They don’t employ cleaners, staff are expected to stay sometimes until 2am to finish, sometimes meaning you have completed a 12-14 hour...

Advice to Management

Listen to assistant managers more and make it anonymous so they don’t get treated differently. Work life balance to be better. Days off together. Pay people of the same level more fairly as some vary massively for same job title and role.

Nando's UK2019-02-14

February 20, 2019Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your review. There are some points in there which we'll be more than happy to look into further and get back to you about, if you can drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk.

6. "I loved working here it was great"

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Free food on the job so good!

Cons

Hard work and can be long hours

Nando's UK2019-01-28
  7. "Nando’s cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in London, England

I worked at Nando's UK for more than a year

Pros

No running around the store

Cons

Long hours of standing at tills

Nando's UK2019-01-23
  8. "Waiter"

I have been working at Nando's UK

Pros

Fun and vribant people here made enjoyable

Cons

Long hours they had rotirng at times

Advice to Management

More organisation

Nando's UK2019-01-12

January 15, 2019Nando's UK

Hey, thanks for your review. You're welcome to email HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail if you would like us to look into your comments further.

9. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England

I worked at Nando's UK full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great friendly environment and the food

Cons

long hours and bad training of some trainees

Advice to Management

Plan closes better with the staff you have on the shift

Nando's UK2018-12-18

December 19, 2018Nando's UK

Morning, thanks for your review. We'll be happy to look into your comments further, if you want to drop an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail.

"Keep away!!"

Current Employee - Waitress in Romford, England

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Weekly pay and the only thing I would say is if you need a job urgently take it! Free meals

Cons

Long hours,rude managers when are stressed take things out on you,hardly any training and then they will moan that you don't know how to do something,mangers who have favourite team members who then get away with doing nothing.i want to put so much more but this is word limit on here!

Advice to Management

Be professional,help your staff instead of sitting on your phone,don't shout at them we are ALL humans at the end of the day,and when your stressed staff are not an emotional punch bag,it's a hard job but shouting at putting staff down won't make people work hard for you and go the extra mile.

Nando's UK2018-12-30

January 2, 2019Nando's UK

Morning, thanks for your review. We'd like to look into your comments further - can you please email more detail to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk?

Found 474 reviews