National Debt Relief Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 19 March 2019

4.1
Daniel Tilipman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "National Debt Relief is a place I would recommend to my friends and family to work at" (in 34 reviews)

• "Great work environment and the opportunity to grow along some great people" (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours could interfere with a work-life balance, but are rewarding" (in 23 reviews)

• "work-life balance could be a little tough depending on how you manage your business" (in 9 reviews)

1. "Best Workplace I Have Seen"

Current Employee - Debt Specialist in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Debt Specialist in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'd say the best thing about working for this company is the workforce environment. Everyone from team members to upper management is extremely helpful and supportive. Everyone proactively helps each other out which is rare in most sales jobs. Not to mention the pay is the best I've had compared to other companies I have worked for. I've had other careers with much more responsibility and less pay. Overall all you can ask for from an employer.

Cons

No cons from my experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work. This company will continue to grow as is has with all the hard work and amazing support

"Great Support & Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have nothing but great things to say about my time at NDR. In my first six month, there was a bit of a learning curve, but I had a great team and management behind in me who encouraged me to push myself and grow. An exciting aspect of this company is the tremendous growth taking place. In my short time here, I was able to develop the skills necessary to move up and become a team lead. I've worked many jobs on the phone, but NDR definitely stands above them all when it comes to culture and showing appreciation for its employees. There are attainable bonuses, amazing benefits and lunches provided by the company. Overall, I’ve had a great experience working at NDR.

Cons

With a lot of company growth comes a lot of changes, so you have to adjust quickly.

11 Mar 2019 – ...

We appreciate your taking the time to tell us a bit about your experience. Thank you for your willingness and ability to adjust and correct course as the company grows. This is an invaluable skill... More

3. "Negotiations"

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great people in the office

Cons

a lot of changes constantly

"Not the best career choice"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Fellow employees are relaxed
    * Skews young. Company targets recent grads.
    * You help people in need.

Cons

* Very little growth opportunity.

* After three months on the job, you will have learned all you will ever need for the job. After that, it will be the same work, day in, and day out. You will not learn anything new for you to grow as a person. If you decide to take the job, leave as soon as you can, because this job is a dead-end career-wise.

* Several months ago, management cut the pay of my department and changed the salary structure such that your pay is determined by how well you do compared to everyone else. This means that, even if you exceeded your goals and did your best, if someone performed better than you, then your paycheck is reduced. This creates an environment where only a few people can boost their pay while everyone else suffers, no matter how hard you worked.

* Yes, management will judge you based on your ranking. They don't care if you met your goal or exceeded it. If too many people did better than you, then expect an unpleasant review.

* Everything is a competition. It is a great way for the company to make as much money as possible from the efforts of the worker bees, while cutting down on the profits it shares with the employees. The company wins, management wins, and the few top performers win. Everyone else loses (No matter how much work you did).

* You are at the mercy of your client's whims and the creditors. Much of what goes on in this job is out of your control, but you are still expected to perform and meet the metrics (Which sometimes conflict with one another. Good job, management.)

* Only 6 holidays per year as of this review. Martin Luther King's day? Nope. President's Day? Nope. You get 1 day for Thanksgiving & Christmas. Snow storm? Gotta come in, or use your PTO.

* TL/supervisors don't work as hard as the regular workers. They sit at their desk, reviewing team performance and barking out orders all day. Sometimes, they just go and chat with management. I imagine it is a nice, comfy position. There was one month where they literally had nothing to do but answer questions and review team performance while everyone else was busy working, trying to meet their goals.

* The job gets more and more difficult as time goes due to industry changes, but management still wants results and are not too eager to compensate you properly for your work.

* TLs and management have favorites. There has been a trend in which positions are being given to people who have barely been with the company for a year.

Advice to Management

Improve the pay, or return it to what it once was before you got greedy. The commission structure is a farce. The pay is not determined by how well you do in and of itself, but how well you do compared to everyone else. Stop making everything a competition where only a few people win.

Have the TLs actually do something instead of giving orders and micromanaging.

Stop being stingy with the holidays.

5. "It's a pyramid scheme"

Current Employee - Negotiator
    Current Employee - Negotiator

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time

Pros

the pay is okay if you don't have to pay too many bills

Cons

the pay is horrible if you have to pay many bills

Advice to Management

the current pay structure is designed like a pyramid scheme so that someone never really moves up to make the money you claim they may potentially make. Just be honest. Either pay people or don't lie to them.

6. "New hire"

Current Employee - Debt Specialist
    Current Employee - Debt Specialist

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just started working here, unbelievable work environment, very competitive, the reward is satisfing, all managers and employees are will to help and make sure “rookies” are set up for success

Cons

No complaints great work environment

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

7. "A Foot in the Door"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY (US)

I worked at National Debt Relief full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great role for anyone looking to gain experience. There are many opportunities for upward mobility if one is willing to do the work. Don't be afraid to network with people from different departments.

Cons

Growing pains, micromanagement/office politics, over reliance on quotas make for an stressful working environment.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs training on how to make their employees feel more supported in the workplace.

11 Mar 2019 – ...

Thank you for your candid review. Thank you for all the effort you put forth during your time here. We appreciate you taking the time to leave suggestions on how we can improve the culture and work... More

8. "Great gig. Management. Not so much"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at National Debt Relief full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay out are highs and they used to have a teal family feel

Cons

Managment changes metrics and you can’t win

Advice to Management

Go back to what you were doing

"Truly a great place to work"

Current Employee - Negotiations Team Lead in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Negotiations Team Lead in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part about this job is certainly the positive environment that has been cultivated here at National Debt Relief. The culture here is extremely uplifting.

Cons

The workload can be overwhelming at times, but at the end of the day, knowing that you're helping make a difference in the lives of others is definitely gratifying.

Advice to Management

Continue to enhance the emphasis on training new-hires as this will increase overall growth and create new boundaries for expectations.

6 Feb 2019 – ...

Thank you for your helpful advice. We appreciate your dedication and loyalty to National Debt Relief; it's gratifying to hear that your experience here has been mostly positive. Feel free to surface... More

"Poor Management"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Money is good
    The more you work the more money you make
    No work on Sundays

Cons

Poor management
    Used to be better
    Used to be about culture

Advice to Management

Work on your management team as a whole. Specifically sales. You should be aware that a very huge percentage of us are unhappy. Your senior sales reps, the reps that are Team Leads, regular sales reps, even the reps that are doing very well for themselves are unhappy. You do little with positive re enforcement and are quick to publicly reprimand. Have you taken a look at the surveys you’ve asked your staff to take? They are mostly completed by reps that are fairly new. You push for great results, and expect so much. Yet you have little accountability for your own actions. The saying goes..”Its not what you say, it’s how you say it”.