Naughty Dog Employee Reviews about "talented people"

Updated 11 Jul 2020

4.3
Naughty Dog Co-President Evan Wells
Evan Wells
Pros
  • "Great work, great people, great times(in 7 reviews)

• "There is something special about being surrounded by some of the most talented people in the industry(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "The crunches are hard, lots of long hours at the end of the project(in 6 reviews)

• "Crunch hours are a lot, think about it first(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "talented people"

Return to all Reviews

"Very satisfied"

Current Employee - Animator in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Naughty Dog full-time

Pros

The greatest creative freedom and technology in the gaming industry . A lot of astonishingly talented people. Ample funds to make ambitious games. You can be involved in GOTY materials.

Cons

Perfectionism and laissez-faire policy in the studio culture are not for everyone.

Continue reading

"Very talented team. Amazing tools. Treated well."

Current Employee - Senior Animator in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Naughty Dog full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is something special about being surrounded by some of the most talented people in the industry. I love getting to work on a product I’m truly proud of.

Cons

The hours have can be long towards the end of the project though they are very generous with PTO. It’s also more of a culture of perfectionism than something that feels demanded.

"Concept Illustrator"

4.0

I worked at Naughty Dog

Pros

Creative environment, lots of talented people, learned new skills.

Cons

Long hours, poor work/life balance.

"Great Company. Work Hard and Play Hard."

4.0
    Former Contractor - Character Artist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Naughty Dog for less than a year

Pros

Fantastically talented people. Good pay, nice location. Make great games. Flat Structure. Naughty Dog isn't hung up on corporate structure. Ideas flow freely. NO PRODUCERS! Work Hard, Play Hard.

Cons

The culture is so perfectionist and has no producers to worry about budget issues that you are expected to stay late and get everything in. It's not required and they won't be mad... just disappointed.

Continue reading

"Super awesome amazing company to work for!!!!"

Current Employee - Environment Artist in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Naughty Dog full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to work on some of the most amazing and critically acclaimed games. You get to work with THE most talented people in the industry, everyone they hire is a seasoned professional- Senior or Lead level actually. They pay very well for this talent and if you perform well and stick around you get WELL compensated for it with shipping bonuses and quarterly bonuses that can be a very big percentage of your yearly salary! The Culture is fun and people are friendly and have lots of activities and lunch time fun together. The Leads are very nice and respect you and ask your opinion on things, not just order you around. A+++ Would highly recommend.

Cons

Standards are very high and there can be long hours and long crunches, but that is just because everyone is committed to making the best game we can, and they compensate you very well for working so hard.

6. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Game Designer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Naughty Dog full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to work with the most talented people in the industry. People here genuinely care about the games we make and work hard to satisfy our standards.

Cons

Standards are high, but everybody is in it together to make things as good as they can be.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.