Neo Media World Reviews

Updated 10 Jun 2021

Found 184 of over 201 reviews

3.7
Neo Media World Global CEO Nasreen Madhany (no image)
Nasreen Madhany
Pros
  • "I have been at Neo Media World for two years and absolutely love coming into work every day(in 20 reviews)

• "Great people in the Chicago office(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The lower-stress work environment and work-life balance made it up for the compensation to a point(in 26 reviews)

• "the company operates as Neo but was previously Ogilvy and is now in Mindshare(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Small but entrepreneurial agency

28 Aug 2020 - Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture -New Management is people driven -Opportunity to learn and grow

Cons

-Have had a couple of rough years due to change in structure but getting there now

2. 1.0

Considerable improvement required

7 Feb 2021 - Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Opportunity to work with large-scale companies

Cons

-Too much emphasis on outsourcing which does not work.. IT is a mess -Managers micromanaging to the point where you're re-doing work unnecessarily -Under resource teams to the point of exhaustion, little concern about mental health (1 day off for mental health awareness day does not make up for a year of mental strain) -Promotions are for the imagination -Senior leadership don't understand to the appropriate hierarchy levels -Rotation scheme advertised on job application doesn't exist

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great people and place to work

19 Aug 2020 - Managing Partner in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people you get to work with and the company culture The clients we get to work on Great opportunities within Neo and the wider group Flexible working

Cons

Being part of a large group can slow somethings down but it always feels like the management team are doing everything they can to speed things up

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Talented outfit, focused on results

29 Jul 2020 - Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training. People. Quality of work. Quality of clients. Promote from within.

Cons

Like any large group, the finance side of things can get dry at times, but as a whole the processes are slick.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Let Down By Poor Leadership

7 Jun 2019 - Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great people at mid management and junior level -Some access to Ogilvy and wider access to Mindshare network -Potential to attract big clients

Cons

-Self serving leadership team that does not communicate effectively, and when they do it's only because it effects them -Leaders that have been in the company for years, got their feet under the table and get away with anything -Promotion generally either because you are a friend of leadership, or because you have threatened to resign. -Big clients, but boring to work on. -Focus only on profit and nothing else. -Long hours hours without thanks. -Made to pay for own expenses, then takes forever to get repaid -No direction from global CEO and central hub.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Adore it

22 Aug 2019 - Staff in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mentorship of team members Leadership across departments Opportunity for growth

Cons

Very few for me; an intense experience which might not suit everyone

Be the first to find this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Former Employee

OK if you work on Nestle team

7 Apr 2019 - Business Partner
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Chance to work on big clients such as Nestle, Amex or HSBC - Now part of GroupM which means access to more training and potentially career ops - Great location (Mindshare offices in Central St.Giles)

Cons

- Toxic leadership team with huge blame culture, led by CEO and MD - Junior staff don't get paid properly and are overworked - Too dependent on a couple of clients (not diversified enough)

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lost Cause

26 Mar 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the people who work there are some of the best people I’ve worked with and very smart. Good flexible hours and perks with Mindshare

Cons

Poor managers with poor managerial skills - don’t know how to develop your skills and guide you to promotion. Lack of promotions Back ethos upper management does not care about you unless they can mould you into who they want to be Upper management have poor people skills and do not treat employees correctly.

9. 1.0

Terrible

30 May 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- clean office - nice terrace with stunning views over London - in the summer you get BBQs on the terrace which is nice

Cons

- the building: it takes full 10 minutes to leave the building as the lifts are a complete nightmare to operate - you're not taken seriously as an adult. It starts with lockers and a hot desk policy, meaning at the end of the day you have no designated desk and have to put your belongings away at each end of the day. This creates alienation from your desk and that you are not allowed to keep anything personal to make you feel comfortable at work. - no beer trolley Fridays - no kitchen, there's a little area with cereals and a tap. The cereals are all over the place and the tap water has caused me some lingual infections. No thank you. - resentment towards the new office: the team moved from Sea Containers to the office in Tottenham C Road about a year ago. A lot of moaning, disorganisation, complaining to new staff members who have nothing to do with the move - Had to wait for a laptop for 6 weeks and when it arrived it wasn't working properly. The laptop had more security passwords than a high profile bank. - IT regularly changed my passwords without telling me so it was a nightmare to log into the computer and into the network. - the company operates as Neo but was previously Ogilvy and is now in Mindshare. The confusion and different networks with different passwords are hell. - spend a good amount of my time at IT to have the laptop fixed and they were incapable of fixing the issue in the first place. Again I was blamed for the move from Sea Containers to the new office (I had nothing to do with that!). - aggressive and disorganised manager: manager wouldn't communicate with me and discuss workload until 1h before end of day and then expected me to stay and work additional hours. This wasn't a one off case, it happened frequently. Whilst I don't mind working longer and impress, this became a habbit and I was expected to stay at least another 2h each day for which I wasn't financially reimbursed. - contractual hours were 37.5h per week, with additional hours easily 50. - management style was very passive-aggressive and confrontational. Work was never good enough, poor communication skills and miscommunication resulted in doing the work twice. I felt very demotivated and undervalued. - manager badmouting me and making side remarks infront of colleagues why I prefer to spend my lunch break outside and away from my desk - employees seem to be nice, but barely make effort with you. Some can't be motivated to even say good morning or good bye. - new staff have to pass several modules of media buying in their probation even if your role has nothing to do with media buying. This caused a lot of pressure and time which could have been used more effectively.

7 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0

Horrific experience

2 Aug 2019 - Account Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

No vision for agency by senior management. Useless Managing partners running the agency into the ground. CEO is delusional and does not care about her staff. Everyone is leaving the company because the working conditions are horrible. DO NOT APPLY TO WORK HERE.

6 people found this review helpful