Neo Media World Reviews

Updated 18 Jun 2020

3.2
Neo Media World Global CEO Nasreen Madhany (no image)
Nasreen Madhany
Pros
Cons
  • "The lower-stress work environment and work-life balance made it up for the compensation to a point(in 26 reviews)

• "the company operates as Neo but was previously Ogilvy and is now in Mindshare(in 18 reviews)

1. "Adore it"

5.0
    Current Employee - Staff in London, England

I have been working at Neo Media World full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Mentorship of team members Leadership across departments Opportunity for growth

Cons

Very few for me; an intense experience which might not suit everyone

"Horrific experience"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Neo Media World full-time for less than a year

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

No vision for agency by senior management. Useless Managing partners running the agency into the ground. CEO is delusional and does not care about her staff. Everyone is leaving the company because the working conditions are horrible. DO NOT APPLY TO WORK HERE.

Continue reading

"Let Down By Poor Leadership"

Former Employee - Director in London, England

I worked at Neo Media World full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Great people at mid management and junior level -Some access to Ogilvy and wider access to Mindshare network -Potential to attract big clients

Cons

-Self serving leadership team that does not communicate effectively, and when they do it's only because it effects them -Leaders that have been in the company for years, got their feet under the table and get away with anything -Promotion generally either because you are a friend of leadership, or because you have threatened to resign. -Big clients, but boring to work on. -Focus only on profit and nothing else. -Long hours hours without thanks. -Made to pay for own expenses, then takes forever to get repaid -No direction from global CEO and central hub.

"Terrible"

I worked at Neo Media World full-time for less than a year

Pros

- clean office - nice terrace with stunning views over London - in the summer you get BBQs on the terrace which is nice

Cons

- the building: it takes full 10 minutes to leave the building as the lifts are a complete nightmare to operate - you're not taken seriously as an adult. It starts with lockers and a hot desk policy, meaning at the end of the day you have no designated desk and have to put your belongings away at each end of the day. This creates alienation from your desk and that you are not allowed to keep anything personal to make you feel comfortable at work. - no beer trolley Fridays - no kitchen, there's a little area with cereals and a tap. The cereals are all over the place and the tap water has caused me some lingual infections. No thank you. - resentment towards the new office: the team moved from Sea Containers to the office in Tottenham C Road about a year ago. A lot of moaning, disorganisation, complaining to new staff members who have nothing to do with the move - Had to wait for a laptop for 6 weeks and when it arrived it wasn't working properly. The laptop had more security passwords than a high profile bank. - IT regularly changed my passwords without telling me so it was a nightmare to log into the computer and into the network. - the company operates as Neo but was previously Ogilvy and is now in Mindshare. The confusion and different networks with different passwords are hell. - spend a good amount of my time at IT to have the laptop fixed and they were incapable of fixing the issue in the first place. Again I was blamed for the move from Sea Containers to the new office (I had nothing to do with that!). - aggressive and disorganised manager: manager wouldn't communicate with me and discuss workload until 1h before end of day and then expected me to stay and work additional hours. This wasn't a one off case, it happened frequently. Whilst I don't mind working longer and impress, this became a habbit and I was expected to stay at least another 2h each day for which I wasn't financially reimbursed. - contractual hours were 37.5h per week, with additional hours easily 50. - management style was very passive-aggressive and confrontational. Work was never good enough, poor communication skills and miscommunication resulted in doing the work twice. I felt very demotivated and undervalued. - manager badmouting me and making side remarks infront of colleagues why I prefer to spend my lunch break outside and away from my desk - employees seem to be nice, but barely make effort with you. Some can't be motivated to even say good morning or good bye. - new staff have to pass several modules of media buying in their probation even if your role has nothing to do with media buying. This caused a lot of pressure and time which could have been used more effectively.

"OK if you work on Nestle team"

Former Employee - Business Partner

I worked at Neo Media World full-time

Pros

- Chance to work on big clients such as Nestle, Amex or HSBC - Now part of GroupM which means access to more training and potentially career ops - Great location (Mindshare offices in Central St.Giles)

Cons

- Toxic leadership team with huge blame culture, led by CEO and MD - Junior staff don't get paid properly and are overworked - Too dependent on a couple of clients (not diversified enough)

"Lost Cause"

2.0

I worked at Neo Media World full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the people who work there are some of the best people I’ve worked with and very smart. Good flexible hours and perks with Mindshare

Cons

Poor managers with poor managerial skills - don’t know how to develop your skills and guide you to promotion. Lack of promotions Back ethos upper management does not care about you unless they can mould you into who they want to be Upper management have poor people skills and do not treat employees correctly.

7. "Account Manager"

4.0

I have been working at Neo Media World full-time

Pros

Amazing atmosphere, colleagues, and agency perks

Cons

Working hours might vary and might need to do long days

8. "Finance"

4.0

I worked at Neo Media World full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to learn. Good atmosphere to work in and exciting company socials,

Cons

Very clicky and no annual pay rise unless you get a promotion

"Run for the hills"

I worked at Neo Media World full-time

Pros

- Truly amazing people at an AE/AM/AD level, smart passionate people who deserve better. - Social calendar - You’ll learn how to deal with difficult people.

Cons

- Senior management forget that they are dealing with people. - Big push to outsource everything. - Too much concern with profit and margin than people management. - Moved Ogilvy to Mindshare with very little change management - People leaving in droves with little communication from management on why or what they’re doing to stop it.

"Terrible management team"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Neo Media World full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good people around. - If you are young, ambitious and good at talking/complaining, you can get promoted very fast. - Good work/life balance, but some people take advantage of it.

Cons

- Senior management are too busy to talk to their employees, no people management skills. They don't listen to what's happening in the real world and make decisions based on their own assumptions, or just follow what other companies are doing. - The male client lead treats juniors like working machines, takes all the credits, and don't know how to say thank you. - Don't respect work from middle-senior level, relying on AEs or grads heavily. - People are either quitting or are looking for a move.

Found 159 reviews