Nespresso USA Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nespresso USA President Guillaume Le Cunff
Guillaume Le Cunff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Very limited growth opportunities; when opportunities do arise, they only hire people from other Nestle subsidiaries (in 2 reviews)

• No upward mobility, lots of broken promises, surprisingly high stress environment with poor respect of employee's time and personal life (in 2 reviews)

1. "Nespresso Awardees Event"

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time

Pros

Nice gathering simple , friendly & still executed with class. The atmosphere, the ambiance, the location of the restaurant the view made it special. The fact that we received handwritten thank you note from our direct manager made it more personal. The musicians added a special note to the event
    The gifts were appropriated & a nice gesture.

Cons

Be more respective & understanding. Be compassionate & offer reasonable & suitable solutions

Advice to Management

Instead of calling everyone one by one, what don't we call all 5th & then 10th years of service employees at the same time with their respective managers & take group pictures. Regarding the gift it's a nice gesture however we have platform at our disposal as well such as our real reorganization platform. May be a 500 points value to be deposited into the employee reorganization point balance so they can buy or select what they really wish or need. Some people like cooking other like sport book shows or travel. Overall it was great, simple and very much enjoyable.

2. "Assistant Boutique Manager"

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time

Pros

Challenging work that is rewarded; company invests in employee growth and cares about their team, TONS of perks! Overall, very good experience so far.

Cons

Some processes/systems are beneficial but antiquated and can be challenging to work with.

10 Oct 2017 – Nespresso Leadership

Hello, thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Developing our employees is important to us and contributes to our success. I am happy to read that you appreciate the perks offered to... More

3. "Poor Training"

I have been working at Nespresso USA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nestle Medical benefits, free machines once you are allowed to order them. Flexible work schedule. Company pays for uniforms and dry cleaning.

Cons

Lack of training and support for new hires. It is very difficult to be put on the sales floor without the help and support of management.

Advice to Management

Please spend time training new employees

5. "I love working for Nespresso! The future of the company is innovative and bright and am excited to be a part of it!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company who cares about their employees. This company invest in training for all employees which is extremely important. Listening to our CEO speak is very inspiring because he listens and takes action when there is a concern. This makes me want to continue to give my all and contribute as best I can. The entire home office team is personable and very welcoming. They encourage you to reach put to them for any reason, at any time and you will get an immediate response .

Cons

Technology is challenging for the customer facing employees. They know this is a concern and reassure us they are trying to fix it.

Advice to Management

Invest in the technology to make the future greater at Nespresso.

10 Oct 2017 – Nespresso Leadership

Hello – Thank you for your enthusiasm and comments about your experience as a Nespresso boutique assistant manager.

I am happy to read that you are enjoying your job and the benefits that came... More

6. "Genuine care, lots of beans to juggle"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Nespresso is what you make of it. If you are looking to slack, you can probably do that, but don't think it won't go unnoticed. If you put in the time and hard work, it will be rewarded.
    Nespresso has a decent compensation package including club credit, time off, benefits, PAID LUNCHES(!), travel compensation, and training opportunities.
    I can't speak to life in the boutiques, but the corporate office is busy and constantly changing.
    Work-life balance is fair, though some departments are probably putting in more hours than needed. I don't know if this is the corporate atmosphere so much as their own work ethic.

Cons

Misguided or uncommunicated strategies can be difficult to act on.
    Reliance on HQ is awkward, and often causes unnecessary delays.

Advice to Management

Keep managers and decision makers in the know of strategies so that they can communicate it to their teams. Nothing is worse than acting blindly, and potentially being criticized later on for it.

10 Oct 2017 – Nespresso Leadership

Hello, Thank you for your review.

I totally agree with your analysis of our workplace culture. At Nespresso, we strive to empower our employees to take initiatives and also be responsible for... More

7. "A Great Company to work for that values its Employees"

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time

Pros

Leadership, Brand, Culture, Values and Passion.

Cons

Growing Faster than its infrastructure can keep up with.

Advice to Management

Working for Nespresso USA for quite sometime now. For all these years being under different managements, I've realized one thing. Nespresso USA has an embodied DNA and which is the one thing that has always remained constant. It values its employees despite its growing size!

And as a result, it creates a team of very passionate people who love their brand. Its a simple formula. And it works.

With the current CEO I've noticed things have gotten even better such as transparency and communication. He is very approachable, direct and does not sugar coat the message.

I am not going to write too much other wise I would risk sounding like someone with special interest. This section is called "Advice to Management" but honestly I have not much Advice to give. Which is a good thing. It's not perfect but nothing in life is.

My advice to you however is that, its a Great Organization to work for. It is still growing and the ride during the growth period is always exciting with a talented team like this.

31 Aug 2017 – Nespresso Leadership

Hello, Thank you for your review and your years of tenure at Nespresso USA.

I read with much interest your analysis of our work environment, which is very accurate. People and Passion are part of... More

8. "Excellent People, Benefits, Growth, Purpose, and Challenge"

Current Employee - Supply Chain in Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nespresso is the first company (out of 5) I can stand behind the brand because I love this company. It's an amazing feeling to work for a brand that you truly love, as it brings another level of passion for your work.

I am a personal promoter of Nespresso because I truly love the brand and the product, as I happily consume our coffee daily. Our commitment to sustainability and our company purpose makes it easy to love the company, as we contribute the most to coffee sustainability in all of our supplier farms globally (industry-wide).

Nespresso is an excellent team overall. I love working with my peers, and we promote a lot of cross-functional work, allowing you to immerse yourself in multiple facets of the business.

The company is growing rapidly, which is exciting and challenging everyday. I love staying busy, and improving our business, while watching us grow week by week. In parallel, our leadership team fosters growth of all of us, and if you show commitment and positive results then you will be presented many opportunities to continue your personal and departmental growth. Benefits are excellent too.

Cons

No cons to report to leadership

Advice to Management

No advice to report to leadership

31 Aug 2017 – Nespresso Leadership

Hi - Thank you for your post and your extensive years of service at Nespresso. We are happy to read that you are a proud Brand Ambassador and we commend you for such dedication.

Our commitment to... More

9. "Honestly, one of the best companies to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nespresso is a Nestle company and offers continuous opportunities for growth and advancement. The company offers amazing, competitive pay, bonuses, benefits and rewards.

Cons

Transparency between senior management and employees. Also, many employees often work several back-to-back weekends.

31 Aug 2017 – Nespresso Leadership

Hi and thank you! We greatly appreciate your 8+ years of service with the company.

As we are part of the Nestlé group, we are able to offer great benefits that employees enjoy, on top of our... More

"Nespresso does it right"

Current Employee - Sales Boutique Associate in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Boutique Associate in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Nespresso has really shown me how much a company can care for a company, it's employees, and its business practices. It feels great to come to work and feel that family feel every day, but also be a brand ambassador for such a great company that I can feel passionate about.

Great benefits for retail! Some of the best in the industry; with quarterly and annual bonus, discounts on products, free products and credit to use in store an online up to $1200 a year.

Cons

Technology is our downfall, but the company is working hard to improve this. Sometimes it can be difficult to understand who is in charge of what department, with so many departments controlling multiple aspects of the company.

Advice to Management

Make a clear organizational chart for the retail field. Drastically update technology in boutiques, especially when it comes to payment technology, such an advanced company should be using the safest and fastest payment technology, not just swiping cards and signing on paper.

15 Aug 2017 – Nespresso Leadership

Hello – we appreciate your feedback as a new Nespresso employee. We are glad to read that you feel right at home in your Boutique and are a proud to be a Nespresso Ambassador. We thank you for such... More

11. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nestle principles and employee appreciation.

Cons

Fast changes with communication gaps

Advice to Management

People make Nespresso successful

15 Aug 2017 – Nespresso Leadership

Hi and thank you! We greatly appreciate your 5+ years of service with the company.

We agree with you, people are our biggest asset. Our leaders help us get faster and more agile and empower our... More