Nespresso USA Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.5
Nespresso USA President and CEO Guillaume Le Cunff
Guillaume Le Cunff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great company with great benefits" (in 16 reviews)

• "Lunch, paid MTA, free coffee & machines" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "All of upper management seems to support new direction" (in 5 reviews)

• "You're supposed to be a boutique coffee specialist (on the floor), not working on stock for an entire day when it is not on the job description" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Warning"

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sustainability program is a source of great pride.

Cons

See below for nuanced assessment.

Advice to Management

The patriarchy is alive and well at Nespresso USA. And the few women who are at the top of the organization are so oblivious and old-school they just enable it. Most of the sexism is subversive (which is dangerous because it just creeps up on you), but there have also been occasions of blatant sexism — leering behavior and comments towards attractive female employees and models with whom the brand has worked.
    This (mostly male and white) leadership has a habit of self congratulatory behavior instead of putting their heads down or digging in with their teams to actually get work done. This is true of the very top and whole C-level suite.
    If you ask someone at the company what the culture is they would say “entrepreneurial” — but that’s just a euphemism for dysfunctional. There really is no company culture to speak of, unless you count the aforementioned Euro machismo regime. None of the senior leadership would last a day at a startup because they take no accountability for their own actions.
    In true Nestle fashion, they will just continue to rotate middle-aged white men into those roles until they run the business into the ground because they can’t keep up and retain talent that can actually take the brand into the next twenty years.
    The culture is so broken and the organization so concerned about optics over people that a posting on Glassdoor carries more weight than a direct conversation with HR who is powerless in this political mafia to do anything.
    In conclusion, if you value integrity over a Seamless stipend for lunch, look elsewhere for employment.

2. "Great company to work for, however technology is lacking."

Current Employee - Team Leader
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many pros to working for Nespresso. Supportive managers, Nestle benefits, coffee credit, etc. The company truly takes care of its employees. Nespresso is genuinely customer centric, stopping at nothing to ensure club members are taken care of as well. The company is definitely headed in the right direction!

Cons

In terms of technology Nespresso has a lot of catching up to do on the retail side. The point of sale system gets the job done but is archaic, not efficient, and goes offline regularly. This is not a good impression on club members waiting while the program is frozen...again. It’s fine if I’m in the office dealing with computer problems but on the sales floor club members definitely notice and it is not acceptable. Nespresso has luxury product and service and the technology should match to make the transaction seamless for our club members. This is not a boutique specific issue.

Advice to Management

In my experience Nespresso has been extremely supportive and has helped me develop my career. Management is definitely for its employees and club members. I think if the company continues to grow its boutique network in the US it has to update its point of sale system to remain competitive with other luxury retailers and to improve internal efficiencies. I know this is an HQ matter but hopefully it’s in the works.

29 May 2018 – Nespresso Leadership

Hello - Thank you for your excellent review.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and thank you for your dedication to the company. I’m glad to read that you have enjoyed the... More

"One of the best companies I’ve ever worked for"

Current Employee - Team Lead in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Team Lead in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company takes into account that it’s stressful working in retail and offers competitive pay to help and also great benefits. This company wants to make sure us employees are taken care of and believe that in turn we will do our best and take care of customers.

Cons

Stressful environment. Computer system is confusing. Huge work load. Lots of product knowledge

4. "Boutique Coffee Specialist"

Former Employee - Boutique Coffee Specialist
    Former Employee - Boutique Coffee Specialist

I worked at Nespresso USA part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, fast-paced but fun work environment.

Cons

You're supposed to be a boutique coffee specialist (on the floor), not working on stock for an entire day when it is not on the job description.

"Low class."

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at Nespresso USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

$300 of free Nespresso Club credit each quarter.

Cons

Middle management isn't allowed to manage people effectively in this exceptionally top-down corporation. This allows for a toxic environment to develop, and leads to really unhappy employees. I was recently "let go" following a minor incident that could have easily been solved with a simple discussion with my manager. But because of fear driven by a weak leadership team, it escalated straight to HR. I never had a chance, or a discussion with my manager. "Low class."

Do yourself a favor and look beyond the shiny branding and movie star commercials. Take it from those who know, and look elsewhere for employment.

11 May 2018 – Nespresso Leadership

Hello - Thank you for your post.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. Nespresso employees enjoy numerous benefits including our generous Club credit, I’m glad to read that... More

6. "Nespresso is a great place to work at!"

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In the year I have been at Nespresso I have observed a lot of growth in terms of the company and professional development. Although I have only been here a little over a year I am impressed at the level of commitment, passion, and dedication from people. A lot of focus on coffee and the company cares a lot about its customers and employees. I have witnessed colleagues on my team get promoted, visit our AAA farms in Costa Rica, and Colombia. I mean how cool is that?
    At the end it's what you make of it because I can tell you other companies out there do not offer half of what is presented at Nespresso when it come to opportunities within the company, at Nestle, or internationally.

Cons

Very fast environment, challenging work, and office can use some sprucing. Other than that I have not experienced anything negative personally

Advice to Management

Keep up the work in communicating to your employees either in Coffee chats, let's connect sessions, and employee portals. The more we know the more we understand our contribution to the overall objectives.

7. "Great perks....just don’t stay for too long!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company with great benefits. Many opportunities for employees to learn all about sustainability and be a part of the company growth.

Cons

Disconnect with employees and very segregated by departments.
    So many changes in such short of time. It’s tume for me to move on.

"Good product - not great environment"

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time

Pros

Used to be a great place to work.

Cons

A lot of the management is unqualified. They are given jobs not because the exude leadership but because they have been with the company for awhile, and are liked by specific individuals ( office politics). People get promoted even if they do not have experience.

Advice to Management

VP's should learn what your departments are working on. It would not hurt you to walk around in corporate office and say hello to your staff. A title does not make you any greater then the rest of us. Some claim they have an open door policy but when you go and try and speak with them they get annoyed that it is like a deli counter people coming and going. .

27 Mar 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Dear Nespresso employee,

Thanks for your feedback, it is appreciated. Nespresso works hard to deliver an excellent product for our global customers to enjoy.

I have reviewed your entire post... More

9. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL (US)

I worked at Nespresso USA part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free machines, Bloomingdales discount good coffee

Cons

No hot water to properly clean machines, petty mgmt, poor mgmt

10. "Specialist"

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for! Fast paced and very energetic environment

Cons

Maybe just the usual work politics. Nothing stands out!

Advice to Management

Need to avoid being scared. Growth is good and all of us are doing the job right. Just need to give it a little time for things to fall in place. Avoid moving too many pieces at the same time!!