Nestlé USA Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.7
Nestlé USA CEO, Nestlé USA Steve Presley
Steve Presley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The ability to make change; work-life balance; work place flexibility" (in 100 reviews)

• "Really good benefits including pension for hours and additional money for your 401k if you are salaried" (in 115 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be hard to manage" (in 93 reviews)

• "There is no work life balance, your job is to meet business needs regardless of the personal cost associated" (in 27 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great culture with tons of opportunity!"

Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nestle provides an open and inclusive environment that provides accelerated career growth opportunities, excellent work life balance & flexibility, and the ability to impact business results quickly. The Cleveland Campus in particular has experienced a tremendous of growth in the last 1.5 years, providing a lot of opportunities for both internal and external candidates. I am so excited to see all the growth that has happened for our campus, company & our people!

Cons

Nestle is undergoing a great deal of change at the moment that requires all of us to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. For some they thrive in this type of atmosphere, while others can find it frustrating and daunting.

12 Apr 2018

Thank you so much for your review, as well as your commitment and longevity with our company! We are so glad that you are thriving within the Cleveland campus and enjoying the benefits and... More

2. "Too much pressure"

Pros

Good benifits, progression chances, friendly environment

Cons

Too much working pressure, too many hours, unsocial hours

3. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Arlington, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Arlington, VA (US)

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People, respect for eachother, compensation

Cons

Recognition for contributions unless you are an up and comer

4. "Great Place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mira Loma, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mira Loma, CA (US)

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It can be busy at times but it was laid back as long as you got your job done and met your measurements. Great perks. As busy as it got and the pressure was on, the company was great to work for.

Cons

Favoritism was obvious and if someone in leadership didn't care for you, you'd know.

"Nestle route sales representative"

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in West Columbia, SC (US)
    Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in West Columbia, SC (US)

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Almost zero chance of promotion. Get to start early between 3 and 5:am so you go to bed before your kids! You will get lots of experience. Most companies have truck drivers, merchandisers and sales representatives but Nestlé’s goal is to get the product to the customer at the lowest cost. So you will be the truck driver, sales rep, and merchandiser. And you get to experience winter conditions all year! The back of the truck is -10 degrees or less. The trucks are miss loaded daily so you will have the opportunity to spend time freezing re organizing pallets of product.

If you take this job you will find yourself in the back of the truck at 5::00am with frozen hands knee deep in product wishing you had listened to me and took a different job!

Cons

If you would be happy unloading a truck everyday with no hope of promotion or a raise then this would be a great job for you.
    About every year nestle changes the routes a little. When they do this they change everyone’s commission rate. So if you are increasing the sales on your route for the year and have a 2% commission they will re route, give you almost the same exact stores and a little less commission so you are increasing sales but making the same for yourself as the last year. A new hire employee will make the same $$$ as an employee that has been there 10 years.
    You will not get promoted. They have a hard time finding people for this job. They can hire almost anyone to be a manager but if they promote you they have to replace you. I tried to get promoted for a few years. I have a degree from the University of Florida. I had the top route in sales over prior year. In the south east we have 73 districts each with several route sales reps. I was #1. Just recently, end of 2018 Nestlé hired 23 new people into management positions in the south east. They EXCLUDED ALL internal applicants from applying!
    Nestle also college recruits. To maintain there relationships with colleges they have to recruit a certain number of people each year. So they retain them and place them as your boss. If they don’t place them they have to pay them. So every year open spots are filled and you stay on the truck forever.
    My advice work for another company. You will move up, and earn more over the years.

Advice to Management

Let the managers have more control over who is promoted. They spend time with employees and know who is qualified. HR has taken over this company and they are so out of touch. They go to each location once per year and conduct a round table with the entire team. That is it. They are easily fooled by applicants that tell them what they want to hear.
    The HR team out of Atlanta is sinking the South East. Good employees are leaving and no one is left to train new hires. There is no way that HR team was created from the best candidates. Some type of affirmative action had to have been in place.

6. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Goal Alignment Pillar
    Former Employee - Goal Alignment Pillar

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Highly organized company to work for

Cons

Low pay raises even with high permanence review

7. "Stay sharp using intranet and it is fairly straightforward."

Current Employee - Operator Rotator
    Current Employee - Operator Rotator

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay great people.

Cons

Long and odd hours.

Advice to Management

Better Vacation Scheduling

27 Feb 2019 – A Nestlé USA Representative

Thank you so much for sharing your review. We're glad to hear you have had good experiences with your colleagues and benefits! We appreciate the feedback on the work-life balance and vacation... More

8. "Full time for 8 years"

Current Employee - Team Member
    Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Hours can be long and work life balance can be tough

19 Feb 2019 – A Nestlé USA Representative

Thanks for providing this feedback! We're glad to hear you have had a positive experience with your benefits. Employee wellness is a critical component of building successful teams, and a major part... More

9. "Place to work"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time

Pros

Great place to work honestly.

Cons

Not a bad to place to work at all.

27 Feb 2019 – A Nestlé USA Representative

Thank you for sharing this review, we're glad to hear that you've had a good time working at Nestlé USA!

10. "I choose not to review"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and working conditions

Cons

None that I can think of

20 Feb 2019 – A Nestlé USA Representative

Thanks for sharing your review. We're glad to hear you had a positive experience with your benefits and work situation during your time at Nestlé USA!