NetBrain Technologies Reviews

Updated 15 Jan 2021

3.4
NetBrain Technologies Chairman and CEO Lingping Gao
Lingping Gao
Pros
  • "There is free lunch provided to the company every Friday(in 22 reviews)

• "Everything is state of the art, and they give free lunch on Fridays(in 13 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Exciting times"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Selling a great solution in an entrepreneurial environment with great people

Cons

no real major cons to mention

"Old mindset and authoritarian leadership"

2.0

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Salary is ok - There isn't much competition in the market - There are some very smart individuals within the different teams

Cons

- The company didn't change much in 15 years, product releases are slow and the GUI is still very old compared to other IT platforms. You can easily understand why that happened, the CEO fires each and every person that has the slightest disagreement with him, that's how we're stuck with a horrible culture and a product that is just ok. No more than 2 weeks ago another awesome employee was let go because of an insignificant disagreement with the CEO. It's doesn't make sense to hire experts in different fields and do absolutely nothing with their knowledge. - No team activities whatsoever

Continue reading

"Awesome technology and growth"

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company is growing significantly, rapid expansion into EMEA. Huge opportunity for company and employees to develop and extend value across Enterprise further. Collaborative and positive work environment with good benefits and perks.

Cons

Growing pains, but in a good way, chance to define processes and build new initiatives...make a difference.

February 12, 2019Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We are always striving to be a best in class place to work and we value the opinions of our employees and take our Glassdoor reviews very seriously. We are glad so far things met your expectations and we hope to continue to make improvements for our employees as we grow over the next few years.

"I enjoyed my time here"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Salesforce Administrator in Burlington, MA

I worked at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. Supportive team.

Cons

CEO has unrealistic goals every year and that affected our annual compensation.

January 21, 2021Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at NetBrain! I may be biased, but I couldn’t agree more than we do have great people and supportive leaders. The past year has been challenging for everybody and between the communication from the top and line managers stepping up, I think we’ve done a great job making the best of a challenging situation. I also appreciate your constructive feedback on how we can improve, because every company can improve. We have a truly category-changing product that helps large enterprises with the complicated mission of transforming network operations and we believe that some really aggressive growth is realistic as we move forward. We certainly want to set people up to succeed while continuing to realistically aim high so that we can all benefit in the end. Thank you for sharing this feedback. While we want to be ambitious, we know that people count on commissions and bonuses for family necessities and fun. We will continue to set goals with that in mind and we believe that 2021 is going to be a lucrative year for everybody here!

5. "Amazing team; results-oriented"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There isn’t a single staff member who isn’t 110% dedicated to the company’s mission and willing to move mountains to get results.

Cons

Finding a healthy work/life balance isn’t easy, especially when everyone is so dedicated to their work.

Continue reading

"Don't Recommend Working Here"

2.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Support & Services in Burlington, MA

I worked at NetBrain Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Good health benefits. 2. I made lifelong friends at NetBrain, and for that I will always cherish those years.

Cons

Now here's where it gets difficult. Up until 2019, NetBrain was somewhere I raved about working. There was a switch when the company started to hire more than they needed to. Since then, it became a downward spiral. 1. Sales overpromises what the product can do. They promise to deliver anything the prospect asks for, then once the deal is closed, they make it the customer success manager's problem to let the customer down. The CSMs get a bad reputation because they cannot deliver what the customer wants quickly, or at all. Sales turns it on the CSMs, but then they never learn to be careful what they promise in future deals. It's a lesson no one from upper management pushes because they're trying to hit unrealistic targets, resulting a ton of friction between your sales teams and customer success / services. 2. There's little to no collaboration among pre and post sales. Sure, they talk and join calls together (sometimes), but there are a handful of these employees who just show and talk to make themselves feel like the leader, and not in an attempt to work together to truly make the customer successful. It's one person talking over the others to validate they know best. 3. Product releases add features, but don't fix existing issues and bugs. If they were to send out a survey to all of the customers, they'd find a majority just want a release that fixes the excessive amount of bugs in the product. Make that the major releases, and minor releases can put in the few features that are a 'nice to have'. Our customers are exhausted with our product releases. Listen to them and simplify the tool! Stop spending all of the time adding new features until you get the existing tool to work. 4. Why is it still so hard to upgrade this tool? Every single new release comes out with no consideration on the path of upgrade. The fact that this tool still cannot hit a button to initiate the upgrade is beyond me. Services is always told to speed up the projects, but it's not their fault projects don't complete quickly, it's the tools! Stop blaming the people trying to help the customers and start looking at the backend issues. 5. Ditto above for installations. Stop blaming Services for installations taking over 12 months! This is a tool issue. Your Services team is made of the STRONGEST people. If they slack, it's because they're tired of pushing for development improvements just to be ignored and overlooked. 6. The communication between Level 1 and C-Level does not exist. No one knows what is going on at any time because things keep changing and not being relayed to the rest of the company. You need to explain your vision and reasoning to your company or else no one will see your ultimate goals and how to get there. All they see are 'here's another change' and it's exhausting to try to keep up. 7. The employee retention is embarrassing. It's about time the high level managers acknowledge there is an issue. There is an issue with how frequently our directors and C-levels come in and out that door. You need to welcome new ideas, you need to hear how other companies succeeded where you are struggling. Let change happen and trust that you hired people with better skillsets than you, so you can improve your company! There's also an issue with the individual contributors leaving so frequently. Almost an entire post-sales team left within a 4 month period. This is not a coincidence. This is lack of management ownership. They were unhappy. They voiced their unhappiness. Stop ignoring them or your top talent will continue to walk out that door. 8. Don't be tricked by the comp and bonus structure. Until the company's revenue goals are realistic, you will not make your full bonus.

January 21, 2021Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for the detailed and thoughtful feedback from your time at NetBrain. We greatly value your feedback and are working on hiring searches right now of brand new roles that will remedy some of the areas where you think we need improvement. By the way, thanks for mentioning the health benefits! Plenty of people like to talk about the free Friday lunches when we were in the office, but between the quality healthcare options and the 401k match, we are proud of our benefits package and the low subsidized costs (in some cases zero cost) to our employees. The synergy between Pre-Sales, Sales and Post-sales all the way through the selling cycle (and beyond) is incredibly important and we recognize that. We do what to continue and find new ways to innovate while also making sure that are customers are able to get any outstanding issues addressed. As previously mentioned, we see an opportunity for improvement and are working to address that right now. Communication is also of paramount importance, both in good times and in a global pandemic. Our senior leadership team has been diligent in communicating company updates on a weekly basis, while also making sure to continue having company wide virtual town halls on at least a quarterly basis. We appreciate both the time you took to review us and your constructive and reasoned approach. We believe the very best is not only yet to come, but to come soon. With some great new hires and an exciting new release, we believe we’re on the right track. I would encourage anybody with additional constructive feedback to share it. If you’re uncomfortable sharing it directly with your manager, please don’t hesitate to share it with the HR and Recruiting team. We’re listening and we ultimately all want the same thing. We’ll do anything we can to turn feedback into action and action into growth. Thanks again!

"Sacramento Office"

Current Employee - Presales Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

None of the work I’ve put into this company has ever gone unnoticed. Management is amazing at recognizing everyone’s contributions and rewarding those employees who really put in the extra time and effort. I’ve never worked at another company where all of my contributions have been so openly recognized and appreciated. For this reason alone, I’ll never leave NetBrain.

Cons

Little to no supervision. While this isn’t a con for everyone, I’ve noticed that it can be especially difficult for new hires.

January 21, 2021Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thanks for your feedback, and I’m glad to see that all your hard work has been appreciated. I miss seeing the “Kudos” board when we were able to go to the office, but our Office Manager Ashley has done such an awesome job of sharing those kudos in our bi-weekly company newsletter, The NetBrainer. We appreciate the kind words, but it’s good to hear what we can do better as well. With an employee base that gets more spread out and “global” each and every week, it can be challenging to make sure that everybody has the direction and guidance that they need, but it’s incredibly important to us! Obviously we want employees to feel comfortable approaching their direct manager with feedback on what they need, but our HR/Recruiting team is always on hand to listen and help if there’s an issue that you’re not sure how to address. Please don’t hesitate to use that team! Thanks again for the review!

"Unique product that all but sells itself"

Current Employee - Support and Services Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work is a breeze, especially if you’re in sales. We don’t have any real competition because the product is so unique, so the sales practically make themselves. It’s amazing and incredibly lucrative.

Cons

The benefits could be better, but as far as I’m concerned the pay more than makes up for it.

January 21, 2021Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. Employee feedback is such a big part of getting better as a company. Our product is unlike anything else in the market, you’re absolutely right about that, and it sure helps to have a truly great product, but I don’t know if you’re giving enough credit to our talented and hard working salespeople and pre-sales engineers! It’s certainly easier to sell a great product than a bad one, and we know that NetBrain is both the present and the future of networking, but it still takes intelligence, drive and strategy to sell and to close business. Our people embody those things, and we’re excited about what is to come. Thanks again for taking the time and for your advice. What we do is highly complex, so that differentiation is a “must” for us.

"They stick by their employees through thick and thin"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Be it good times or bad, NetBrain sticks by their employees. The management team are very supportive of their staff and aren’t afraid to lead by example. Good opportunities to move your way up the ladder if you’re ambitious.

Cons

We didn’t quite hit the numbers we were hoping for this year.

December 22, 2020Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for sharing your feedback! There's no better affirmation for a leadership team than seeing people work their way up and earn promotions. We're proud of the work our people have done across the organization and we're set up great for a bit 2021. It's good to have talented and hard working people, but it's even more important to have happy people. Thanks for your suggestion. We're always trying to strategize about how to keep people engaged and "together" in a year where everybody has to be apart. We've also planned a year-end virtual get-together where leadership will be recognizing and acknowledging the great work of so many of our people this year. I can tell you that we're listening if you have any specific ideas or strategies we can implement to get morale high and keep it high. Please feel free to share ideas with anybody in the HR organization. We'd love to hear them and talk about how we can make them happen. Thanks again for the feedback!

"Good product"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

A good product with tons of potential. Each year brings with it new improvements and fixes. Not perfect, but from where it was to where it is now is a night and day difference. The true strength of NetBrain is its ability to adapt to the needs of the market. We give the people what they want.

Cons

If you want cons, read the other reviews.

January 21, 2021Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to review us! Innovation and adaptability are the core of everything we do. Thanks for recognizing that. You’re right, we’re not perfect, but with each release our product gets even better, and with each hire, our team gets even better. We’re very excited for our upcoming new release. Thanks again for your feedback. Let’s keep on growing!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 119 English Reviews