NetSuite Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 17 Dec 2020

3.8
NetSuite President, CEO, and Director Zach Nelson
Zach Nelson
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Bad experience"

1.0
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at NetSuite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice office Oracle is a good name to have on CV

Cons

Poor management of BDR promotions Management more focused on personal career development than doing the right thing for the business Very bad work/life balance Inequalities and nepotism No HR department Frictions and conflicts between managers and departments

"Wonderful company, shame about management"

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in London, England

I worked at NetSuite full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent benefits since being acquired by Oracle (can purchase extra holiday, better healthcare/pension etc through monthly allowance) Flexible working/work-life balance Great team ethos in the office Really dynamic people to work with Lots of opportunity to move around in the business

Cons

Management is poor - no investment in professional development Particular team I was part of were disinterested in my career progression Remote management are not interested in the day to day ground work and don't recognise or appreciate the efforts made Management need to be educated on how to work with teams, motivate, engage and retain

Continue reading

"NS needs to be bought by a good big company, who can make good changes and save the product !"

1.0
    Cant Say

I worked at NetSuite

Pros

Probably just the Product, as it's a good clever product and lots of potential

Cons

Being honest it is the worst company I ever worked for. Mgmt skills are ziltch; and you are expected to work non stop. All a shame because Netsuite is a good product but Mgmt will crumble the company if they dont change their ways. There is no work life balance at all and neither do they care or promote. If you want to enhance your career, forget NS as their promotion is based on who you know and not your work.

Continue reading

"Incredible for learning - Poor Treatment of Employees"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - NetSuite Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at NetSuite full-time

Pros

1. Such an incredible place to learn - NetSuite puts a ton of pressure on their entry level analysts to learn and learn fast, I think that if you want a challenge this job will give it to you. You'll be really stressed your first year trying to learn everything and to be a good consultant but the amount you learn in your first year is insurmountable compared to other jobs 2. Very little micro-managing - if you like to take on leadership and do your things yourself NetSuite doesn't micro manage - in fact your manager will probably never even know a fraction of the things you're doing most of the day. Definitely a pro if you don't like to be micro-managed a con if you want to have a relationship with your manager 3. Heavy exposure to many lines of business - depending on what you specialize in, NetSuite provides you great exposure to many different types and kinds of businesses through their "shared resource pool"

Cons

1. Isolating - very little connection between managers/co-workers/project managers. You feel really distant from management and your "manager" doesn't even really know what you're up to unless you're in trouble. Oracle doesn't do anything to help foster a connection between leadership and their employees. 2. Very little work-life balance - expect to work weekends, late nights, and not get paid overtime until after your first year. Your PTO and vacation days are counted against your utilization so basically they inevitably discourage you from using PTO as your utilization is the key metric they look at for promotions. Expect to give your life and soul to NetSuite for your first 2 years if you end up staying that long 3. Over-Utilized and Underpaid - compared to other firms oracle overworks their tenured consultants while consistently underpaying them. You won't get a bonus, you won't get a pay raise until they promote you - it's really corporate and you can't do anything about it (no negotiations, "it's just how it is") 4. Retention - so many people leave and management doesn't do anything to acknowledge the lack of retention

5. "Great company!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer In Test in Makati City

I have been working at NetSuite full-time

Pros

- Work-Life Balance - Offers many great opportunities - Great employee benefits

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

6. "Gsgsgssg"

Current Freelancer - Software Engineer

I have been working at NetSuite

Pros

This Company was a great one.

Cons

The work life balance is average

"Dangerous for Young Professionals?"

2.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at NetSuite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Truly amazing and empathic leadership at top level (executive-level). Some of the technical and professional guidance I received from top-level management helped grow my career. - Some departments do not pay me well, and so I switched departments. 80/20 rule.

Cons

- Some co-workers look down on me because I was getting paid to do easier projects. - Some operations/engineering teams REQUIRE you come to work physically every day. They value bottom-in-chair time more than your actual output. - Cannot move within teams easily because other teams don't trust each other's quality of work. When I moved teams, I had to go through coding eight interview rounds where all the problems were dynamic programming from leetcode. - Some teams are so mismanaged that joining them is your career-killer. -If you are not working on a HIGH-DOLLAR project or any project involving money, your work does not matter. You are expected to invent great solutions on no or lowest budget. For example, I couldn't even expense an $30 wire-framing tool that I used to generate beautiful UIs for all my years here. - Middle management does not set the appropriate direction for the team. This causes confusion on operational priority. You get praised for little wins that take a lot of time and get derided for focusing on little wins that also take a lot of time. You also get questioned for not tackling those little wins while being told not to tackle them. -Management has fluffy talk about work-life balance and fair employee treatment and does not do any of that. - Terrible commute to office. Even some top-level managers had to sell their big houses to relocate 10 miles closer to the office and still arrive at 10:00 a.m. while expecting their employees to be at work by 8:30 a.m.

Continue reading

"Slapping on a big name doesn't make the company better. Definitely will not recommend."

2.0
    Former Employee - NetSuite ERP Consultant

I worked at NetSuite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Recognisable and huge company name - Nice office space - Decent pay and relatively OK work-life balance - Flexible working hours, management generally doesn't micromanage if you're hitting your hours and your customers are happy with you - You'll enjoy NetSuite if you can stand mindless politics and is content over getting to leave early on days where your workload is lighter.

Cons

- Management prides itself on having a wonderful work culture, and how it empowers its employees to do great things at the company. However, much of this is fluff talk and employees simply felt miserable with all the overpromising that didn't result in ANYTHING. So much fluff was promised that employees just completely gave up hope of anything coming into fruition after awhile. - Promotion scheme is ridiculous. For such a big organization, you would think that there will be more structure to how the company promotes its employees. However, employees' promotions or raises would solely depend on what upper management felt was 'deserved' by the department based on how much revenue it made that year, and not because of the merits of the employee (Referring to non-sales roles). - Management constantly tries (I think this is still happening) to find subtle ways to undercut salespeople's compensations in order to boost revenue. It is a lowly attempt and pretty appalling to witness. - Office can often feel like a highly unprofessional farmhouse (for the lack of a better word), with people randomly shouting across the room during inappropriate working hours throughout the day (this happens constantly), making it challenging to concentrate and remain efficient - Pantry is absolutely pathetic. You'll survive on a few measly biscuits and get lucky on some days with a few pieces of fruit. - Compensation offered by the company is below average as compared to other tech companies of comparable size. - Software ALWAYS had glitches. This would drive everybody crazy, as you couldn't figure out if there was something wrong with the configuration or the system. This especially tends to backfire on the team during customer demos.

Continue reading
  9. "Some of the best years of my career"

Former Freelancer - Human Resources Generalist in San Mateo, CA

I worked at NetSuite for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly environment to work. Great culture Flexible schedules Great benefits and perks All chief officers were down to earth and easily approached by all employees Great HR leader and staff Work/life balance (for some departments)

Cons

NA. I can't think of any

10. "Positive Culture"

4.0

I worked at NetSuite

Pros

work life balance, good management, opportunity for growth

Cons

it just felt a bit old and stuffy, almost "Oracle" like

Viewing 1 - 10 of 58 English Reviews