Netbuilder Graduate Gateway Consultant Reviews

Updated Aug 10, 2015

Found 9 of over 90 reviews

3.9
Netbuilder Director Daniel Gregg (no image)
Daniel Gregg
0 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Delivered everything they said they would

Aug 10, 2015 - Graduate Gateway Consultant in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Trained in relevant technologies Trainers are fun and engaging Meet a vast array of people and make good connections Pool table in the office

Cons

None really. The training is unpaid but they make you very aware of this before you begin so it's just part of the job. There are no hidden downsides which is something which worried me to begin with

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fast paced, intense but friendly training period. Exciting and challenging projects.

Dec 2, 2014 - Graduate Gateway Consultant in Worthing, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked as a Graduate Gateway Consultant at Netbuilder between 2011-2013. They have trained us around very niche technologies which are on high demand on the market. Very good opportunity for Graduates to develop their technical skills. I have gained strong commercial experience within that 2 years which enabled me to continue my career as a Senior Software Developer.

Cons

Fast paced environment, can be stressful time to time.

3. The latest conversations about Tech

166 Comments

Join the conversation on
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Consider other options before netbuilder!

Nov 30, 2013 - Graduate Gateway Consultant in Worthing, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

getting paid a minimal amount during training

Cons

The training is been done by anyone in the company ! They don't have any official trainers. Even if you sign the permanent contract they will let you go whenever they want. Major fact for them is to get you on the client site if not you wont be staying long in the company. From my work history i never met a unprofessional company as netbuilder. No employee benefits which are useful.

4 people found this review helpful

Netbuilder Response

Resourcing Manager

Many thanks for your feedback, we value your opinion. The NETbuilder Training Manager currently works alongside 2 full-time Trainers, who design and deliver all our specialist material on the programme. There is a two-way cooling-off period during the first 4 weeks of training - meaning that there is an opportunity for both parties to assess one another's suitability before agreeing to move forward as a NETbuilder Consultant. All NETbuilder Consultants are expected to contribute and invest in their own personal development during training; possessing the right attitude to learning and development is key to being successful on the programme. Best wishes NETbuilder

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Oct 24, 2013 - Graduate Gateway Consultant in Worthing, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Almost half of the sales staff work out quite aggressively, and follow a protein rich diet. They have tremendous physiques.

Cons

-Opportunities for employment within the skillsets taught are typically project driven, so there can be some 'down time' before engaging, even after successful interviews. -Need to be flexible to work anywhere, even if it means a long term relocation -Fitness driven sales strategy is as yet unproven.

6. 5.0

Fantastic place to work

Aug 11, 2013 - Graduate Gateway Consultant in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company will give you a chance at getting your foot in the door of the IT world. They place you in the environment needed to learn in demand skills, have a great network of contacts to find you consulting work, very helpful in work related matters as well as flexible for personal circumstances. The company is constantly growing and improving I believe it has a bright future ahead.

Cons

It can take some time to find your first position as a consultant largely due to the slow movement and processes of some of the large companies Netbuilder works with.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Opportunity that should be taken seriously!

Aug 9, 2013 - Graduate Gateway Consultant in Worthing, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

NETbuilder provided a great opportunity for me. I came from a computer science background but was lacking the relevant experience to work in senior roles within the industry as there was no concrete proof of my previous experience and this was difficult to back-up in interviews. NETbuilder provided me with extensive training in both technologies that I already had experience with and new technologies that I was learning for the first time. After the training period was complete I was given the option to take technical exams and become accredited in these technologies (all of which NETbuilder paid for as part of the training). It should also be noted that it is VERY rare for an IT company such as this to PAY people while they are being trained - which is an excellent benefit. Shortly after this I attended an interview at a well known global digital marketing agency company in London which was arranged by NETbuilder. This was one of the easiest interviews I have ever been to in my life! as the company had already been briefed on my skills and capabilities. Since working on the client side in London I already have been promoted to higher and higher roles within the company. The support that NETBuilder gives to both new gateway consultants and existing consultants is great and the whole business operates like a close knit family organisation. In short - NETbuilder provides graduates with a great opportunity. They are willing to take graduates straight out of university and ensure that they are trained to the best of their abilities before exposing them to the industry. If you put the time, effort and drive for success into this company then you will be recognized by the management and rewarded in due course.

Cons

Nothing that is particularly bad

8. 3.0

Good opportunity for graduates

Aug 14, 2013 - Graduate Gateway Consultant in Worthing, East of England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

After training, chance to work with big companies in the UK. chance to travel around working on different client sites. friendly environment. many projects are available possibility of being bought out by the client permanent 2 year contract

Cons

tied in to a 2 year contract. steep learning curve. no official training structure in place.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

A Great Opportunity

Aug 2, 2013 - Graduate Gateway Consultant in Worthing, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Netbuilder took me under their wing when I was trying to get a job in the IT industry with nothing but a little self-taught Java as my IT baggage. No-one else wanted to give me a chance, Netbuilder saw potential and trained me up. I got three weeks or so of training in Oracle Middleware (SOA) and five weeks in Adobe Flex before starting on a project for a huge multi-national banking corporation. As it turns out, Flex is very widely used in the finance industry, but because it's not particularly fashionable, most IT professionals have turned to other, more en-vogue technologies, leaving a gaping hole in the market for people like me to fill. So I get the best of all worlds: a leg-up into an IT career, and a niche market that other IT professionals are not interested in, with a consequently high demand rate and a starting salary to reflect that (check out Jobserve for salaries in SOA, Flex, SAP, CQ5, Documentum etc., all technologies that Netbuilder cater for.) I am now coming to the end of my contract with Netbuilder and am looking forward to a lucrative career in IT, which I could never have attained without them.

Cons

A very steep learning curve, and people who are not prepared to put in the effort can get left behind very quickly, but it is surely to be expected when there is such a wide gap between a beginner's skills (even a recent IT graduate's skills) and the kind of skills required from a junior, let alone a fully fledged consultant. On the other hand, everyone is so nice that there is always help at hand when needed.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Netbuilder graduate job

Jul 17, 2013 - Graduate Gateway Consultant in Worthing, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

None. As it is difficult to find a job, it may be tempting to go for them out of desperation. Do not do it. There is always a better deal somewhere, and you will waste two years getting trained in technologies that are not in demand. You will not be set up for a good career long term.

Cons

Highly unprofessional. Weird secrecy between staff. Everyone gets told they are "highly intelligent," "a real asset," that "there is something more about them", etc. This is just to persuade you to stay, don't fall for it. Lack of communication and proper career planning. Their plan for you changes all the time and different people tell you different things. Some grads get awesome promises of placements that end up falling through, meaning they end up spending weeks in that stuffy warehouse that they call an office. Very low salary which they lied about. 15k fee if you leave before two years, the logic being that this is what their training is worth; training consisted of reading a user-manual. I did also get a laptop but wasted hours having to dowload basic things like a pdf viewer. Ironically it was their unprofessionalism that allowed me to get away: as I'd never even seen a contract, I was able to leave before legally committing to the fee. Essentially, this company just leases you out to their customer, with no concern for your professional development but instead just trying to achieve profit for themselves. Low morale.

5 people found this review helpful

Netbuilder Response

Resourcing Manager

Many thanks for your feedback, we value your opinion. We expect all Consultants to have the right attitude during the 12-week training, and expect each applicant to fully research the company and the offer we make before accepting. NETbuilder invests in the continued development of each Consultant. Due to the fact that the technologies that we train in are driven by market and client demand, there are sometimes unexpected changes in deployment date or engagement. However, each training track is carefully planned to suit the needs of our Customers and Consultants and will continue to be going forward. In October 2014, NETbuilder will take all Consultants that have been with the company for over a year to Palma, Mallorca for a Collaboration Weekend. The aim of this event is to share information, collaborate and feedback about how to improve the Academy for our Consultants and Clients. Best wishes NETbuilder

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews