Netbuilder Employee Reviews about "netbuilder"

Updated Sep 30, 2015

Found 19 of over 92 reviews

4.5
Netbuilder Director Daniel Gregg (no image)
Daniel Gregg
Pros
  • "Trip to Palma (Spain) Each year paid for by the company for the NETbuilder Summit(in 15 reviews)

• "Recently moved with the academy to the new offices at MediaCityUK in Manchester(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "people not playing their pool tournament games(in 8 reviews)

• "Working with varied clients can be initially challenging for some, but is a learning curve(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

60 Comments

Tech

234.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Netbuilder~672348
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "netbuilder"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

NETbuilder The place you want to be!

Sep 30, 2015 - Gateway Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working atmosphere with everyone in the office been friendly and easy to get along with. The office is in Salford quays a new and upcoming part of Manchester, with NETbuilder supplying really nice accommodation in the middle of Media City, so it's just a ten minute walk down the canal every morning. Plus beer on a Friday, pool tournaments and welcome drinks for any new recruits. Massive opportunity for anyone lucky enough to get a Job here, I'm so happy to have secured my future with this amazing company.

Cons

No pay during training is possibly the only thing I can think of however the company let you know this long before you start so arrangements can be made, all rent and bills are paid for including internet.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Simply Incredible

Sep 29, 2015 - Gateway Consultant in Reading, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

NETbuilder academy is simply incredible, a place to develop team spirit, technical skills, and they value their staffs feedback. With the academy you build technical knowledge in the latest and most requested technologies from employers that will give you a huge boost in your career with skills that will set you up for life. NETbuilder treats it employees amazingly, only a few weeks ago they took employees to an all expensed weekend away to Palma, Spain. The weekend ended in at Titos (most famous nightclub in Palma) with are own private room and all the drink paid for till 6am. And to put the cherry on the cake, for the year and a half I’ve worked with NETbuilder. I’ve used my specialised training to create an incredible CV, with work experience for a number of FTSE 100 companies.

Cons

Could work anyway in the UK, so you need to be flexible. This is a good or bad thing depending on the person. For me I love seeing new places.

3. 5.0

Fantastic Career Opportunity

Jul 31, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

NETbuilder will go the extra mile to invest in you, building your skills and knowledge by taking you through a training scheme that exposes you to niche technologies and improves core soft skills. The office has a friendly, fun atmosphere where you can always blow off steam with a game of pool after a hard day of work, and the staff are always there to help and support one another. It's challenging, but very rewarding and interesting work. I can't imagine a job I would enjoy more.

Cons

Intensive work - however it is well worth putting in the extra effort, just be careful managing your work/life balance

4. 5.0

Great opportunity

Jul 8, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They start you at the beginning and you learn some really cool technologies through their academy. I am very glad I took up this opportunity with Netbuilder to start my IT career and look forward to what it will bring

Cons

You need to be available to relocate around the UK

5. 5.0

Fantastic place to work

Jul 8, 2015 - Trainee Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The opportunity to train in new and market leading technologies combined with the great atmosphere around the office makes it really enjoyable working for NETbuilder. The staff are really friendly and helpful, plus the things you learn whilst there will helped me to grow not only technically but as a person as well.

Cons

The training is very intensive and finding the right work/life balance can be quite a challenge, it is definitely worth it though.

6. 5.0

A great place to work!

Jun 30, 2015 - Recruitment Resourcer in Worthing, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

NETbuilder is a friendly and ambitious company, one that I am proud to be a part of. My day-to-day role is very rewarding and the office has a great atmosphere. Training and personal progression is constantly on offer. -Great company -Great work ethic -Great friends

Cons

Previously some long distant travelling was involved but due to us now having a split-site recruitment team, this is no longer needed.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Great opportunity

May 22, 2015 - Recruitment Consultant in Worthing, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is looking to grow organically, meaning there is lots of room for progression during this time of expansion. Paid for lunches and awesome team nights out. Good quality training initially that puts you in good stead for the role. The chance to travel to recruitment events throughout the UK and meet lots of people. Paid for travel and expenses Trip to Palma (Spain) Each year paid for by the company for the NETbuilder Summit.

Cons

No pension scheme at the moment

8. 5.0

Great Training Regime

May 11, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are many interesting technologies and techniques that I have been taught in just over a month I feel more ready for the professional world of IT than ever before. I have worked both in a team, leading and following as well as working alone. The training is designed to give in depth knowledge of the IT industry as a whole looking at both the business side as well as the technological.

Cons

Entering NETBuilder I had little business experience so I quickly felt out of depth in the business side of things, but with a little hard work and working through the training I felt up to speed in just under a week.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Nothing easy is worth having

May 21, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started at Netbuilder with just 3 hours of code academy javascript under my belt and within seven months I was a mid-level data engineer/helping with data architect tasks at a household name insurance website. I have since left to become data team lead at world leading ed-tech company, all within a year of my initial interview. This journey wouldn't have been possible without Netbuilder's help, training, support and contacts. All the people who are in the Academy, both as trainers and trainees, are lovely and provide you with the basis of a professional network to call upon when you face technical or professional problems or just fancy some old friends to talk to at industry events. Netbuilder's sales staff are magic workers, who have an outstanding record of getting consultants with limited experience and escalating knowledge into placements that they otherwise wouldn't have had a chance of getting on their own.

Cons

Unlike school or uni, Netbuilder academy will not spoon-feed you the information and training because Netbuilder's clients won't either, if you don't know how to do something look it up or cozy up to the people who do. This might feel uncomfortable for some, but will make you into a resourceful and adaptable consultant throughout your future career. You do have to be very geographically flexible and sometime have to move across the country at very short notice (<1 week) with no relocation package or expenses if you want to commute. Pay is lower than some other big consultancies would start you on, however it is stable and more than you would get on rentacoder.com or other such freelance sites if you were to teach yourself and try to build a career in IT on your own.

10. 5.0

Pega Consultant

Apr 23, 2015 - Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Get full training in high demand technologies. Spacious Offices in heart of Media City During Training Period, provided accommodation in luxury apartments Get placed on site at prestigious clients. Lot of company events like dinners, pub quizzes, football matches etc. Chance to gain certifications and qualifications in industry leading technologies

Cons

Training period is hard work and requires a lot of effort both in and outside of work hours. Geographical Flexibility is a must. If you aren't willing to move around the country, don't even show up to the interview. While Netbuilder will try and put you in a region if you have a preference, it's no guarantee, and you will be expected to go where you're sent. Plans can change rapidly, and you may find yourself having to arrange things on short notice, but again, Netbuilder will usually show consideration.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Reviews