Network Capital Reviews

Updated 10 May 2021

4.3
Network Capital CEO Tri Nguyen
Tri Nguyen
Pros
  • "life balance with the Network Capital team(in 167 reviews)

• "Positive environment where every mortgage banker is given an equal opportunity(in 48 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Nothing to even complain about Network Capital(in 56 reviews)

• "Saw some bankers on some top originator reports with loan volumes that are 100% inaccurate(in 47 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Hands down the best work environment I’ve ever experienced!

19 Apr 2021 - Mortgage Intern in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I just want to take this opportunity to shout out every single person in the office. Even the people I don’t interact with on a daily basis. Management may set the tone for how things are run and what they expect, but creating a work environment like the one at Network Capital is a group effort and I feel like that needs to be recognized. Every single one of us contributes to making our environment healthy, professional, compassionate, and considerate. Coming into this job, my bar was extremely low. I’d worked with several other similar companies where working conditions were practically that of a sweat shop. There was no respect shown by management, and my coworkers could barely stand one another. Petty competition and backstabbing were common and, looking back, I’m surprised I stayed as long as I did. The last year at Network Capital could not have been more different and I appreciate it so much more because of where I came from.

Cons

It’s not just hard to think of any cons, it’s also to write any that I do think of down. I don’t want anyone getting the wrong impression about working here. There’s downsides to be sure, but there’s downsides to working for every company. If you ask me, the upsides outweigh the downsides a million to one. So because I want to give an accurate representation of my perspective, I’m not going to write any cons in this section.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great learning experience

27 Apr 2021 - Mortgage Banker in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I bit off more than I could chew with Network Capital, but I learned a TON. You’d probably think I’d write a negative review since I’m no longer with the company, but I honestly don’t have anything bad to say. It didn’t work out because I genuinely wasn’t a good fit. My manager and every single one of my coworkers tried to help me adjust, but at the end of the day I just wasn’t cut out for it. But I learned a lot and I’m much happier with where I’m at now. If anyone from the office is reading this, thanks again you guys and best of luck!

Cons

Everything really just boiled down to the fact that this was not a good fit for me and that my calling lay elsewhere. It was a great experience and I learned a lot, but my advice is to make sure you know it’s what you want before jumping in.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good pay and benefits

9 May 2021 - Loan Processor in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The salary is excellent. If you’re looking to make vastly more than however much you’re currently making, this is the exact job you want to take.

Cons

If you’re like me, once you get good at it, you’ll find you need a new challenge to keep things interesting.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

My review

21 Apr 2021 - Closing Processor in São Paulo, São Paulo, São Paulo
      Business Outlook

Pros

There’s a lot to be said in this section. First of all, NC offers great benefits and the salaries are fair, competitive, and indiscriminate (no favoritism or racism/sexism… the wage gap exists, but not at NC based on what I’ve seen). Second, the company is very generous with PTO and putting in a request is easy and will almost always be accepted. Third, the work environment is very positive and friendly. It’s hard to not like the people you work with because everyone is so willing to help each other out. Fourth, you get a lot of valuable experience in a short amount of time. NC is great at giving employees hands-on experience and throwing you straight into the thick of things. It can feel very “trial by fire” at first, but if you catch on quickly to things, you’ll appreciate the push. Fifth, management is actually approachable. No locked doors or stern faces. Almost everyone in management has a very approachable demeanor that’ll put you at ease and make you feel 100% comfortable knocking on their door at any time to get some advice, help, or discuss your long-term goals at the company. Lastly, the office space is well thought out. We’re not crammed in like sardines and there’s plenty of space to move around. Decent furnishings and the building is always kept very clean.

Cons

There aren’t half as many cons as pros. But I would say that the hours are very long. I’ve personally had a difficult time finding a good work-life balance and I’m sure several of my other colleagues would agree. Also, it took about 2 months for the licensing process at the beginning and I wish this period would have been much shorter.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

10/10

9 May 2021 - Underwriter in São Paulo, São Paulo, São Paulo
      Business Outlook

Pros

10 out of 10 in every category: Pay Benefits Environment Management Coworkers Expectations Clients

Cons

Hard workers don’t experience any cons. Lazy workers have nothing but complaints

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

No obstacles in your way

10 Apr 2021 - Loan Processor in São Paulo, São Paulo, São Paulo
      Business Outlook

Pros

There’s nothing holding you back. No cap or any form of obstacle in your way. You literally determine how well you will do. It’s the epitome of self-made in every sense of the word. You know all those gurus sipping pina coladas on the beach and selling their fancy smancy courses to desperate people? Cut out the rest of it and keep the pina colada and the beach. That could be you. It was me and I was able to save enough money to start my own business and branch out.

Cons

There are no cons to working at Network Capital.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

You’re in control

19 Apr 2021 - AVP-Operations in São Paulo, São Paulo, São Paulo
      Business Outlook

Pros

At Network Capital you’re more than just a drone that does what you’re told. You’re in control – of your schedule, how much you make, your success and even your failures. Upper management will listen to feedback and make changes for the better. Everyone is heard and will be treated the same no matter what your role is.

Cons

You have to be very self-motivated to succeed.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Passive aggressive

7 May 2021 - Mortgage Banker
      Business Outlook

Pros

The cons are so many that you can't think of any pros

Cons

The passive aggressive way of the owners to treat the workers was just overwhelming. They will always act as if they are doing you a favor by giving you work, not like you have worth, knowledge or a professional. Overtime is not an option but a mandatory. If you have plans you better cancel them.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good income/ work culture could use improvement

5 Feb 2021 - Senior Loan Processor in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Like the income potential, benefits and OT., working remote. IT support is great! Nice guys! The company is investing in streamlining and care about customer service. Some staff members are super sweet and kind. It really helps dealing with kind people when working remote.

Cons

It feels draining at times and like they’re running mill house. No joy, no motivation from management, too many people under one lead. Feels like you can’t really ask for meaningful help without annoying your manager who also appears to be overwhelmed and miserable. Just feels like everyone is under a lot of pressure and keeps trickling down the line to you. Manager can be quite rude at times and quick to publicly humiliate you when you make a mistake instead of investing time into you to avoid the situation from being repeated. Management needs to encourage more, be quick to point out the good! Keeps down the high turnover. Who would want to stay long term at a place that feels like you’re not important?

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Highly recommend

5 May 2021 - Closing Processor in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

*good leadership *endless leads *high earnings potential *full benefits *welcoming work environment *friendly coworkers *modern office space

Cons

*limited upward mobility. That's all.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 885 Reviews