Networx Employee Reviews about "profanity"

Updated 3 Mar 2017

3.9
Networx Chief Executive Officer   Steve Storch
Steve Storch
Pros
  • "If you are looking for a stable and growing company with excellent pay and benefits and a family working environment, then this is the place for you(in 5 reviews)

• "They give us free breakfast every Friday and all types of incentives to continue doing good(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "High turn over rate and 3 days of training(in 4 reviews)

• "It is not uncommon to hear profanity in the office(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "profanity"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Thankful for the opportunities that Networx provided

27 Jan 2016 - Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked for Networx for almost two years in a managerial position. What I learned during my employment with Networx will be invaluable in my career and future endeavors. I had the ability to work in a collaborative manner with all levels of management and staff. I felt valued and respected, and I, in turn, have a great deal of respect and admiration for the people at Networx.

Cons

I don't personally have any cons about Networx. But I would like to take this opportunity to address what other people have reported as cons. First of all, the positions that Networx primarily provides are phone positions in either sales or customer service. That industry can be challenging regardless of the company and is not for everyone. The expectations are high. You will have to work hard. If you consider that a con, then take it for what it is. But if you do work hard, that will be recognized. People are told this coming into the position, but when they are not able to reach the expectations given, they either resign or are ultimately terminated, and then post negative reviews based on that experience. The negative reviews that are posted are primarily from very short term employees who, unfortunately, were not able to reach the levels required by management and left under less than ideal terms. That is unfortunate because the full story isn't told in those cases and is not a fair assessment of the environment. The truth of the matter is that while expectations are high, so are rewards. Those who work hard and are able to produce do very well at Networx. Compensation is fairly given, as are bonuses and other rewards. However, the office is casual and quite colorful. It is not a corporate setting. It is not uncommon to hear profanity in the office. If you are easily offended, it might not be the place for you. It is primarily a sales environment and is typical of what you would expect in that industry. If you know that going in, you're less likely to be surprised by it. The bottom line is that you will get out of Networx what you put into it. If you go in with the determination to learn the material you are given, do it the way you are instructed to do it and give it your all, you will be successful.

4 people found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible Experience

9 Nov 2015 - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was ok, not really to many pros this was honestly one of the worst job I've ever had. I would recommend anyone to work here. No job security!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cons

It's aggressive sales, you solicit to contractors who really don't wanna be bothered. You get told no all day and the managers are on you if you don't say the script word for word. The managers are cocky and arrogant and use alot of profanity which I found to be very disrespectful. You have to make almost 300 calls a day soliciting and you must meet a quota in order to keep your job. The turnover rate is ridiculous people quit everyday. This is a sales job and I hated the experience there. They don't even have direct deposit they mail a check every two weeks.

6 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Former Employee

A complete JOKE.

10 Sep 2015 - Appointment Setters in Sandy Springs, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly Employees That's about it!

Cons

Everything is a con here. For one they lie about the position. The new departments position is "Appointment Setters" w| the overall goal to recruit you at a Sales Rep. They have you calling out to contractors to set appointments to solicit services to them. They set a goal of appointments you have to make everyday and if you don't make the goal they fire you. We started out w| 15 people. Within a week ended up with 6. 2 quit. The rest got fired. This job has no security and I quit my precious job for this because it paid more. The managers are blunt, rude and unprofessional using profanity 98% of the time and they don't care about their employees. I wouldn't recommend anyone to this job.

5 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Hostile Environment

3 Mar 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really can't think of any pros. They provide free breakfast on Fridays and sometimes lunch for the team but that's about it.

Cons

Hostile for women. Sexual comments and harassment are the norm there. Drugs in the bathroom and everywhere. People bring alcohol to work and drink throughout the day. Lots of profanity, filthy kitchen and bathrooms. They don't screen employees at all. No background check and no drug tests and it sows. The workplace felt unsafe and unprofessional.

5 people found this review helpful

Networx Response

Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm sorry that your experience didn't match our intention of making Networx one of the leading places to work in Atlanta. As a company, we take feedback seriously and when our employees come to us with concerns, we pride ourselves on taking immediate corrective action. As a leadership team, we are constantly looking for ways we can evaluate and grow. We wish you the very best in your next endeavor, and hope that you find great success and happiness!

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews