New Penn Motor Express Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 19 Apr 2019

2.7
New Penn Motor Express CEO Howard Moshier
Howard Moshier
Pros
  • "Good pay, some co-workers were very nice(in 5 reviews)

• "Lots of good people, hourly employees(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "No direction, yrc is like big brother, dot rules getting worce(in 6 reviews)

• "Very low morale, probably due to the low pay and absence of motivation or ability to move forward in the company(in 5 reviews)

1. "Unprofessional atmosphere"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Dunmore, PA

I worked at New Penn Motor Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing is good about this company.

Cons

Everything. Very unprofessional people who are running this company into the ground. Stay away!

Advice to Management

Need to find a new career.

New Penn Motor Express2019-04-20

June 5, 2019Account Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide New Penn with a review. We certainly appreciate it when our team members provide us with some valuable feedback. As a company, we are always looking for ways to grow and improve and receiving direct feedback from our team is one of the best ways to accomplish those goals. That said, we find your comments to be quite alarming and, if true, they do not reflect the mission or values of our company. We would like to learn more about your experience so we can make the necessary changes and improvements. Please give us a call at 717.270.4635 at your convenience. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks again for reaching out and for being a part of the New Penn team.

2. "Dock worker"

I worked at New Penn Motor Express

Pros

Money making potential if you can stand the TM

Cons

No discipline to union from TM.

Advice to Management

Hire a TM that can stand up to drivers

New Penn Motor Express2019-04-01

April 9, 2019Account Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide New Penn with a review. We always appreciate hearing from our employees. As a company, we are always looking for ways to grow and improve, and receiving feedback from our team members goes a long way toward helping us accomplish both of these goals. Unfortunately, due to the anonymous nature of your post, we can’t speak to your specific situation, but we are concerned by your comments and we would like to learn more about your experience at New Penn. If you are willing to speak with us directly, we would appreciate it if you gave us a call at 717.270.4635. Thanks again for reaching out and for being a part of the New Penn team. We look forward to hearing from you!

3. "New Penn line/haul @@@@@"

Current Employee - Line/Haul in Cinnaminson, NJ

I have been working at New Penn Motor Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Money Not bad and good ben

Cons

Working at night Staying overnight sometimes

New Penn Motor Express2019-02-12

March 13, 2019Account Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide New Penn with a review. We always appreciate it when our team members provide us with some feedback. It’s one of the best ways to grow and improve as a company. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with the compensation and the benefits. New Penn takes pride in providing its employees with competitive pay and a strong benefits package, especially the company-paid healthcare. Regarding your concerns, we understand that overnight shifts can be rough, but unfortunately it’s the nature of the industry and, as industry-leaders, New Penn does whatever it takes to provide award-winning service. If there are any other concerns you would like to address with us, please feel free to contact us at 717.270.4635. Thanks again for reaching out and for being a part of the New Penn team.

4. "it could be a geat place to work if things changed if mangerment would listen to it best assets the drivers"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Maspeth, NY

I have been working at New Penn Motor Express full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

medical vacation days my co workers and so office management staff

Cons

very low pay, very stress full unsafe work environment un caring management.. special treatment for men who break the law..... blocking streets parking on sidewalks. there is also a conflict of interest here.... management knows of this and does nothing about it... and its company policy. to turn a blind eye... dispatch dock supervisor...manages there family member's not treated the same as all other employee's... able to come in late get home early. violating our contract all the time if you complain to corporate there will be payback on NY terminal staff to get rid of you. Constance harassment by untrained get the work done with out thought of the safety of the public or its employees

Advice to Management

it could be a great place to work if things changed worker full time (Current Employee) – NYC, NY – dec, 2019 it could be a great place to work if things changed, ! a pay raise 29.00a hour to keep up with the cost of living in NY state And the rise of prices food gas rent ect….. over the past 10 years of the cost of living. the culture of harassment by management staff and yrc security. better work environment... treated with respect. let, us do our jobs don't need to be micro managed. stop putting drivers in area they really know that well, it just makes job harder and put you at risk for accidents delays missed pick up too. management at Maspeth aren't willing to change take advise on how to make thing better. been here 15 years and its the same old things nothing changes here expect.... now sending men home NO WORK>> THAT NOT FAIR jan to save money when the waste money all the time. your are hurting our family's not enough pay there not one enjoyable part at this job ,corporate big heads don't k,now or never drove a truck making ridiculous unrealistic demands based on numbers on a sheet of paper so top executives can get bonuses . drivers are your best assets.... customers like us …. they see us everyday and that why your still getting business from them.... call some of them and ask how they feel about management in NY they lie to customers are rude phones aren't being answered promptly on hold for 10 min and hang up on... dispatch has no clue on how to manage pick up or delivery's... trucks aren't loaded properly causing out of the way driving back and forth in delivery route. management will not do anything to change things... just harass drivers and staff stressing more... Pros medical, union Cons low pay, very stress full unsafe work enviroment

New Penn Motor Express2019-01-24

March 13, 2019Account Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide New Penn with a review. As a company, we are always looking for ways to improve and employee feedback is one of the best ways to learn and grow as a company. Unfortunately, what you’ve experienced during your time at New Penn does not align with our mission statement or core values. Needless to say, we are deeply concerned by your comments. We are, of course, happy to hear that the benefits you receive are working out for you. New Penn prides itself on providing a strong healthcare package for our team members. That said, we would like to learn more about your experience and we believe a direct conversation is the most effective way for this to happen. If you have time and are willing to speak with us, we would appreciate it if you gave us a call at 717.270.4635. We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate everything you do at New Penn.

5. "Cool place to work"

I worked at New Penn Motor Express full-time

Pros

It’s always busy and u never get a day off

Cons

Insurance is not very good

New Penn Motor Express2018-12-24

February 19, 2019Account Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide New Penn with a review. We always appreciate it when our team members take the time to share their experience with us. We are happy to hear that you think New Penn is a “cool place to work.” It means a lot to us. That said, your comment regarding health care is concerning. New Penn takes a lot of pride in providing its employees with exceptionally strong benefits and usually receives positive feedback regarding the insurance benefits. If you are willing and have the time, we would like to speak with you directly, so we can make sure your insurance is working the way it’s supposed to. Please give us a call at 717.270.4635 at your convenience. We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate everything you do for New Penn.

6. "Getting Better. Great Team"

I have been working at New Penn Motor Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is refocused on improving the culture and work experience.

Cons

A lot to do but that’s what makes the day go faster.

Advice to Management

Continue to review staffing and keep up the work on improving the teamwork

New Penn Motor Express2018-11-29

January 2, 2019Account Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide New Penn with a review. We always appreciate hearing from our team members. New Penn is committed, as you stated, to making improvements (no matter how small) to the company culture and to the day-to-day work experience. Please know that we understand how important a company’s culture is to the team and its morale. We believe we have the best employees in the industry and, as such, we intend to provide them with a positive work environment. Thanks again for the feedback and for being a part of the New Penn team.

7. "Great work life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, PA

I have been working at New Penn Motor Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team to work for in the corporate office. Everyone gets along and wants to be at work. I haven't felt stressed or worried about work since I started this job.

Cons

I have not dealt with any downsides while working here, I've only enjoyed coming to work each day.

Advice to Management

Keep trusting your team and letting them do the work. Keep the positive culture.

New Penn Motor Express2018-11-06

January 2, 2019Account Manager

Thank you for providing New Penn with a review. We always welcome feedback from our team members. We are happy to see that you are enjoying your time with the company and that New Penn is meeting your expectations. Please know that the award-winning service that we provide is only possible because of people like you. Thanks for being a part of our team!

8. "Driver"

Current Employee - Driver in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at New Penn Motor Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can come to work whenever you want. Very flexible.

Cons

Low pay. No retirement plan. Management treats you horribly. Poor morale. Did I say very low pay? No one answers phones when I need help from dispatch. Short staffed in office and drivers. Not one supervisor ever talks about safety here.

Advice to Management

Change every con

New Penn Motor Express2018-10-26

October 31, 2018Account Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide New Penn with a review. While we are troubled by the content of your feedback, we do appreciate your candor. That said, we would like to speak to you directly to learn more about your experience at New Penn. If what you described is accurate, please know that your experience is not a reflection of our standards and values. We take such matters seriously. Please reach out to us at 717.270.4635, so we can address your concerns directly. Again, thank you for reaching out and bringing these issues to our attention.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at New Penn Motor Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is average for the regional LTL industry Company Credit Card Expected to entertain, go out with customers

Cons

Northeast market is flooded with bottom dollar carriers Selling value in service is tough, especially when that service is not any good Empty promises from sales directors Pushes the veterans out the door Company is reactive not proactive Drivers are union, constantly complaining about something... Not all terminals offer the same levels of service

Advice to Management

Invest in quality people. Ensure your GOOD terminal employees are well compensated, dont work operations guys to the bone.

New Penn Motor Express2018-09-06

September 14, 2018Account Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide New Penn with a review. We always appreciate hearing from current and former team members. While we can’t speak to your specific experience in much detail, we are concerned by some of your feedback. We would appreciate having the opportunity to speak with you directly to learn more about your experience. If you are willing and have the time, could you give us a call at 717.270.4635? We are sorry to hear that your experience at New Penn did not meet your expectations. We do want to wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. Please know that New Penn values your insight and will use this information to make improvements going forward.

"Best people and Caring Management"

Current Employee - Manager - Sales Operations and Training

I have been working at New Penn Motor Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best group of people I have ever worked with at any company. Caring and genuine. It makes work enjoyable.

Cons

Logistics is a tough environment! There are no easy jobs in logistics. It's an industry with lots of issues to resolve. This is no different here.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward, with improved processes and connection in the workplace.

New Penn Motor Express2018-08-15

September 10, 2018Account Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide New Penn with a review. We always appreciate hearing from our team members. New Penn firmly believes that we have the best employees in the industry and receiving feedback like this certainly validates this belief. Please know that we understand that logistics can be challenging at times. Unfortunately, this tends to be the nature of the industry. However, because of our award-winning team, we are confident in our ability to continue to provide our industry-leading services, while growing as a company. Thank you for being a part of our team and for taking the time to provide us with such a thoughtful assessment.

Found 72 reviews