New Penn Motor Express Employee Reviews about "good pay"

Updated Oct 25, 2020

Found 6 of over 90 reviews

New Penn Motor Express President Howard Moshier
Howard Moshier
Pros
  • "Good pay, some co-workers were very nice(in 6 reviews)

• "The people you directly work with are great people and are very welcoming, comfortable team to work with(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No direction, yrc is like big brother, dot rules getting worce(in 6 reviews)

• "Very low morale, probably due to the low pay and absence of motivation or ability to move forward in the company(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "good pay"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to work

Oct 25, 2020 - Driver in Portland, ME
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay for the area

Cons

No home time with family

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Oct 4, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Maspeth, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, some co-workers were very nice. I did enjoy the work I did.

Cons

No respect for employees, dont care about people. Management sucks, its either do what I say or else.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Account Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. New Penn is always looking for ways to improve and we take feedback from current and former employees very seriously. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the work and your team members. We take pride in hiring the industry’s best and we also seek to recognize their efforts by providing competitive pay and company-paid health insurance. However, we are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not an entirely positive one. If you would like to discuss your time at New Penn further, please contact me at TCollingswoth@newpenn.com or call 717.270.4635. Thanks again for reaching out and we do wish you the best with all of your future endeavors.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Be prepared

Oct 24, 2016 - Driver/Dockmen in Jersey City, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay. Thats about it. Not much else to say good about this company.

Cons

Your kept in the dark the whole way. Everybody has an opinion but nobody knows anything. No training, unsafe practices. No respect for drivers. A dirty, underhanded culture. Good old boys do well but the rest of the guys get used up. No security. Be prepaired to look elsewhere.

4 people found this review helpful

PR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide New Penn with some feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience at New Penn did not match our intention of being the safest LTL motor carrier located in the Northeastern United States. We never compromise on safety. We are committed to providing a safe environment to our employees and customers and are truly focused on being the leaders in safety. Our company has a zero tolerance policy for unethical behavior and we strive to be honest, ethical and fair in everything we do. If you’d like to tell me more about your experience at New Penn, please feel free to contact me at tcollingsworth@newpenn.com or call 717-270-4635. Again, I’m sorry things did not work out for you at New Penn and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee

Good pay and benefits, but nothing else

Jan 29, 2016 - Local P&D Driver in East Syracuse, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits, but not worth the stress you had to deal with.

Cons

No training, management out of touch with workers, very stressful, harsh working environment. Especially in winter time. Many senior workers and management treat Jr. Drivers like garbage. .Equipment is old, outdated, poorly maintained, and filthy on the inside. Communication systems for loaded and empty calls are horrible and constantly breaking. Because of union environment, many senior drivers treat Jr. drivers like garbage. Many guys act like macho men and most guys seems to only look out for themselves. A lot of brown nosing. Not all, but many senior drivers use their seniority to subsidize their laziness. They can be the worst performing driver in the barn, e.g. call in sick, refuse to do certain work,.. etc.. but yet, because of their seniority they'll be given preference over someone who works twice as hard. Horrible management, constantly passing the buck for their failures. Routes and Pickups are poorly scheduled to drivers within the areas. No training. Yet you're expected to perform and know the job in spite of that. Most managers and driver have very low moral character. Every other word out of their mouths is an F-bomb In the winter time, Dock is colder than the outside temp. . You have both the Teamsters dues and a 15% give back to YRC Trucking because Yellow owns them and negotiated a contract for a give back a few years back. When you start it's very hard to get a steady bid. You'll bounce around forever until someone quits, get's fired, or retires.

3 people found this review helpful

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Dear Former East Syracuse, NY local P&D driver: Your experience sounds very different from how most employees would describe working at New Penn. As it is with so many things in life, what is delivered back to you is the result of what you put forth. At New Penn, it is possible to advance yourself and earn seniority by putting forth the effort. Many employees appreciate working for a company that offers you the ability to advance your career. As mentioned in your “Pros,” New Penn offers a competitive pay with good benefits including outstanding healthcare for members of our team and no healthcare co-pays. Not many businesses can say that today. Here at New Penn, we understand reliable equipment is necessary to meet our customers’ delivery expectations. We have added a great many new tractors and trailers to our fleet in 2014-2015. Our CSA maintenance scores testify that our equipment is maintained in good condition. New Penn is also investing in new collision avoidance technology to help improve the safety of our professional drivers as well as others on the nation's highways. We hire only highly qualified drivers with good records. New Penn is helping build those skills with additional training, like the Smith System, which everyone is receiving to improve driver safety awareness and skills. We provide driver mentor training as well. A majority of New Penn breakrooms have digital bulletin boards that share safety information as well as equipment and unloading tips. The New Penn East Syracuse, NY facility is kept in great condition and very well-maintained. We believe anyone with the required skills and a focus on doing what it takes to meet the needs of our customers will find a welcoming environment and an opportunity to build a long and satisfying career at New Penn.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Money Hungry

Oct 23, 2015 - Biller in Waterbury, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay considering it was part-time. Good vacation time and most holidays off.

Cons

Company is money hungry, cutting hours, cutting people in order to gain bigger bonuses for the upper management, stressful, doesn't seem to care much about employees, doesn't give out raises (even though they were promised in a new contract for Teamsters). Basically, you become a slave for a system that will crash and burn.

4 people found this review helpful

Marketing Communications Coordinator

We are sorry to hear of your perspective on New Penn, but would like to let you know that your opinion is important to us. Our employees and our customers are of the utmost importance and priority to us. Both keep the wheels turning, and our company leaders work tirelessly to make the best decisions they can for both entities as a whole. While we know it’s not possible to satisfy every single employee or customer, we do genuinely want to try. That said, I would like to speak directly to you, if you are willing, in order to address any specific concerns or make modifications to better serve our team. Please reach out to me at TCollingsworth@newpenn.com to set up a time to talk. Sincerely, Tom Collingsworth VP of Human Resources New Penn Motor Express

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Supervisor

Aug 4, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people. Good pay and benefits

Cons

High stress and not enough training for new hires

1 person found this review helpful