New Penn Motor Express Employee Reviews about "low pay"

Updated Jan 23, 2019

Found 5 of over 90 reviews

New Penn Motor Express President Howard Moshier
Howard Moshier
Pros
  • "Good pay, some co-workers were very nice(in 6 reviews)

• "The people you directly work with are great people and are very welcoming, comfortable team to work with(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No direction, yrc is like big brother, dot rules getting worce(in 6 reviews)

• "Very low morale, probably due to the low pay and absence of motivation or ability to move forward in the company(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "low pay"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

it could be a geat place to work if things changed if mangerment would listen to it best assets the drivers

Jan 23, 2019 - Delivery Driver in Maspeth, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

medical vacation days my co workers and so office management staff

Cons

very low pay, very stress full unsafe work environment un caring management.. special treatment for men who break the law..... blocking streets parking on sidewalks. there is also a conflict of interest here.... management knows of this and does nothing about it... and its company policy. to turn a blind eye... dispatch dock supervisor...manages there family member's not treated the same as all other employee's able to come in late get home early. violating our contract all the time if you complain to corporate there will be payback on NY terminal staff to get rid of you. Constance harassment by untrained get the work done with out thought of the safety of the public or its employees

Account Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide New Penn with a review. As a company, we are always looking for ways to improve and employee feedback is one of the best ways to learn and grow as a company. Unfortunately, what you’ve experienced during your time at New Penn does not align with our mission statement or core values. Needless to say, we are deeply concerned by your comments. We are, of course, happy to hear that the benefits you receive are working out for you. New Penn prides itself on providing a strong healthcare package for our team members. That said, we would like to learn more about your experience and we believe a direct conversation is the most effective way for this to happen. If you have time and are willing to speak with us, we would appreciate it if you gave us a call at 717.270.4635. We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate everything you do at New Penn.

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Driver

Oct 26, 2018 - Driver in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can come to work whenever you want. Very flexible.

Cons

Low pay. No retirement plan. Management treats you horribly. Poor morale. Did I say very low pay? No one answers phones when I need help from dispatch. Short staffed in office and drivers. Not one supervisor ever talks about safety here.

Account Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide New Penn with a review. While we are troubled by the content of your feedback, we do appreciate your candor. That said, we would like to speak to you directly to learn more about your experience at New Penn. If what you described is accurate, please know that your experience is not a reflection of our standards and values. We take such matters seriously. Please reach out to us at 717.270.4635, so we can address your concerns directly. Again, thank you for reaching out and bringing these issues to our attention.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee

Truck driver

Jan 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Union benefits, but less than other union companies

Cons

Horrible management. Totally incompetent to run a warehouse and trucking business....they have to constantly hand off orders because of poor scheduling and bad equipment.They refuse to recognize or listen to their experiences drivers, and can't get replacements because of their non-competitive pay and their daily management. Many experienced drivers continue to leave, and, while they constantly preach safety, their warehouses are a mess. They need experienced terminal managers with driving knowledge and people skills, a lot of new equipment, more drivers and dock workers, and a completely new management culture, none of which seem to be on the horizon. If you want low pay, a hostile work environment, long hours and constant criticism, this is a great place to work. Read their company responses to these reviews....they tell you how completely detached their upper management is from the reality of how they are running the company.

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We find this sort of feedback to be very concerning and we take reviews like this very seriously. In regards to your concerns, our president Howard Moshier has recently visited every New Penn terminal and we are certain that our facilities meet and exceed our expectations, both in terms of safety and efficiency. While we don’t actually operate any warehouses, we are confident that the employees at all of our facilities are not only the best in the industry, but are also committed to providing the industry-leading service New Penn is known for. A recent employee survey supports this belief and praised the positive work environment. It is also important to note that New Penn has consistently invested in new tractors and trailers each of the last four years. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss these matters with you further. If you are available to speak, please contact me at TCollingsworth@newpenn.com or call 717.270.4635.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Weights & Inspections position not suitable for long term

Aug 10, 2016 - Weights and Inspections Coordinator in Southington, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Low supervision job and fixed hours. A routine work procedure on a daily basis. Part time for most positions in the company if that's what you are looking for. Good for a side job for a little bit of extra money aside from a primary income or to do while attending school.

Cons

There is virtually no room to make it a career or advance in the company from this position. It literally fits the mold for a dead-end job. It's a very set pay rate and stays that way regardless of performance. The company offers nothing as far as benefits to this position.Very low morale, probably due to the low pay and absence of motivation or ability to move forward in the company.

1 person found this review helpful

PR Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your insights and the time you spent sharing them. There are many full-time opportunities available and chances to grow within the company, and we would love to talk to you about them. While it’s not possible to satisfy every single employee, I encourage you to speak to your leadership team, including me, so we can talk through the rest of your concerns. Thanks as always for the direct feedback. Please call me at 717-270-4635 or send me an email at tcollingsworth@newpenn.com

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

OUCH

Aug 2, 2016 - Driver/Dockmen in Trenton, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Home Nightly Steady Work Always Paid

Cons

Low Pay Long Hours Tough Environment in Winter and Summer Demanding Long Hours slip seat trucks and filthy uncared for trucks

2 people found this review helpful

PR Manager

Thank you for sharing this concern. It’s very important to us that our employees are provided a great work-life balance and I am sorry you are having this experience. At New Penn, we live by and for our customers’ success and we must go the extra mile to give our customers an exceptional experience. However, we are an organization that demands respect, and we are always seeking to listen and to understand the views of others. While we know it’s not possible to satisfy every single employee, I would like to learn more about the pressures you feel and how we can work together to make your experience a more positive one. I am also disappointed to hear about the condition of the trucks and will look into this matter further. Please give me a call at 717-270-4635 or e-mail me at tcollingsworth@newpenn.com. Thank you again for taking the time to share.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews