Newcross Healthcare Solutions Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2021

Found 180 of over 200 reviews

3.6
Newcross Healthcare Solutions Founders Michelle Gorringe and Stephen Pattrick (no image)
Michelle Gorringe and Stephen Pattrick
Pros
  • "Newcross really do support you as an employee(in 18 reviews)

• "They really look after you-office staff are cheerful and helpful(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "If you are looking to coast along then Newcross is not the company for you(in 22 reviews)

• "Has no care for office staff mental well being(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Gloucester Branch is the awesome

Jul 20, 2021 - Healthcare Assistant in Halesowen, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Gloucester Branch is awesome so organized. Ren is brilliant she is caring understands your needs..great communication. The whole team is great

Cons

The Gloucester branch and Hereford spit up so I had move over to Hereford Branch. Miss my branch but to far to travel.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Just horrible

Aug 4, 2021 - Relationship Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

No pros aside from the money, even that wasn’t worth staying for. Clearly money isn’t everything. Ok… more pro… being able to leave after 3 months!

Cons

Having to go to work everyday in a place where management made you feel utterly miserable! Worst place I have ever worked. Manager was nothing but a bully who loved to fan her own ego and pass the buck. Clearly happy making others miserable.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Full of great opportunities

Apr 27, 2021 - HCA/Support Worker
      Business Outlook

Pros

You gain broad experience in difference settings, that you wouldn’t gain if you were placed in one place. This is effectively agency work, so you have control of when you work. Weekly pay is helpful in my case. Great communications so far with my branch. I do feel if you are good to the agency, they are good to you, so the more work you do the more you get. People tend to treat agencies as if they can pick up and shift and drop it as and when they please, and then complain when they are getting any work as they are unreliable.

Cons

The only downside is that unfortunately you don’t have a full time contract, despite working 40/50/60 hours per week. Also the pay rate is good for weekend work, but the gap isn’t much between the minimum wage and what you receive during weekdays. But it’s swings and roundabouts.

4. 5.0

Great place to work

Jul 1, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Aberdeen, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Manager is great. Felt supported by the management office. If any questions newcross is always a call away. Well organised shift allocations via app. Fast payment via app.

Cons

have to be fast to accept shifts.

Content Strategist

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Great to hear of your positive experience - we pride ourselves on our welcoming and supportive community. We wish you a long and happy career with us!

5. 2.0

Unfair treatment

Jul 9, 2021 - Caergiver in Melton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some friendly staff and lovely clients

Cons

Over working agency staff esp night shifts . Answer all buzzers and do the checks empty bins ,clean . Giving last minute orders just before shift end so they can finish on time

Content Strategist

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Great to hear that you experienced friendly staff and clients - we pride ourselves on our welcoming and supportive community. We respect and value all of our employees, including healthcare staff on temporary placements. Thanks to our app, HealthForceGo, staff are able to work as little or as much as they like to ensure a positive work/life balance. We're sorry to hear about the negative aspects of your experience with some of our clients. If you'd like to discuss this with us, please do email us at communications@newcrosshealthcare.com.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Flexible Working

May 20, 2021 - Care Assistant in Norwich, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Newcross provided me with very flexible working hours to work around my other commitments and I believe I was provided with a fair rate of pay for the work I had undertaken. Their opportunities for professional development were great.

Cons

Due to where I worked there was limited work opportunities for when I needed them and some residential settings were quite far from my location

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

Jun 7, 2021 - Agency Health Care Assistant in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great app, friendly and understanding management, flexibility.

Cons

Not guaranteed hours, holiday pay is included in your weekly pay

Content Strategist

Thank you for the fantastic review! I will send this over to the Edinburgh team :)

8. 1.0

Save your sanity..

Jun 14, 2021 - Business Centre Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues Good tech Hours okay - on call over the weekends but very rarely get called

Cons

The culture at Newcross is toxic. Activity encouraged over tangible outcomes Box checking will get you far rather than putting effort in to deliver Management from regional level upward has lost touch with the market and their business. Regional’s manage via email - you’ll rarely be able to speak to your manager, I say manage loosely, you’ll get instructions via email. This business has absolutely no concern for their staffs well-being or health, all that matters are your figured.

Content Strategist

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Great to hear that you believe your colleagues, our market-leading tech and working hours were all positive parts of your experience. We're sorry to hear that your experience overall doesn't match up to what we'd expect. If you'd like to chat further, please do email us on communications@newcrosshealthcare.com.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

May 31, 2021 - Staff Nurse in Aberdeen, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Manager, accessible, helpful, and professional.

Cons

Coordinating a move back to England proved challenging.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Care Assistant

May 14, 2021 - Care Assistant in Exeter, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, friendly staff, interesting wok

Cons

Often unsociable hours, challenging work at times

Viewing 1 - 10 of 180 Reviews